PDA

View Full Version : Recall that FA Match Burnley - Chelsea match

davemanu2000
16-08-2014, 10:24 AM
If our older posters could remember a FA 5th round Cup Match .Altogether there five matches played between the two clubs to decide the winners .

At that time Burnley were a very powerful club to reckon with . They excelled both on home and away matches .At a certain season they scored 103 goals .

It is beyond my comprehension why some of our dear fans should wear the masks of sure relegation . No ball has been kicked yet .We should await that better days to dawn .Burnley have not splashed lavishly to the tune from 79 m to 100 million pounds .Our accounting machine shows that our total expenditure has hardly crossed six million pounds.

We are proud that we have a super Manager .He has acquired the best affordable players , Being young and versatile they will progress within the shortest possible time to match the millionaire players .

I am optimistic for a better future .

stalbansclaret
16-08-2014, 11:13 AM
Dave we should employ you as Dyche's assistant, or speech-writer. Really enjoy reading your posts.

HatfieldClaret
16-08-2014, 11:20 AM
Well said Dave, far too many doom and gloom merchants about. I hope you'll be watching the match live on Monday. You have been given the task of spreading the Burnley gospel on the island.

Next time I go to Mauritius I expect there to be a sea of Claret & Blue throughout the island, without a Man Utd shirt in sight and no-one asking if you are wearing a Villa shirt...

Spread the word.

UTC !!

bfcjg
16-08-2014, 12:12 PM
Spot on Dave

royboyclaret
16-08-2014, 01:06 PM
"If our older posters could remember a FA 5th round Cup Match .Altogether there five matches played between the two clubs to decide the winners."

davemanu2000...That was one of the most remarkable FA Cup games in our illustrious history. As a tiddler I saw the first game at Turf Moor with my Dad, it was actually a 4th Round tie in 1955/56. Peter McKay scored for us and I have a recollection of Parsons(?), a tiny right winger scoring for Chelsea.

Then we go to Stamford Bridge for the replay and draw 1-1 again. As a young lad I then thought the next game would be back at Turf Moor but my Dad put me right and we drew again, this time 2-2 at St.Andrews.

At this point I thought we were hard done by as we had to travel to Highbury for the fourth game which we drew 0-0 before a fifth game just two days later at White Hart Lane finally losing 2-0.

The five games were played in front of over 160,000 people.

davemanu2000
16-08-2014, 01:23 PM
I was too young to remember the scores .At that time there were no TV or even morning newspapers , I had to wait the arrival of evening newspaper at 5 p.m. to take cognizance of the results .Although it is long dated about 69 years ,I still remember very vividly about these matches .
However thanks to the learned poster of bringing all facts to light.

royboyclaret
16-08-2014, 01:31 PM
" .Although it is long dated about 69 years ,I still remember very vividly about these matches."

Dave, only 59 years ago my friend. We're not quite that old. :D

davemanu2000
16-08-2014, 01:44 PM
Thanks for the correction . My eyes are now week because I am 75 years old .in fact I wanted to tap 60 .instead of 0 my finger went to 9 .you can understand it now .My arithmetic is still correct but unfortunately there are errors because of my wrong finger tapping