PDA

View Full Version : Java update

coyleoutoutout
16-08-2014, 03:11 PM
When I go on this message board using chrome I get the message my java is out of date and it takes me to a page to update. However I checked on the official Java site and mine is up to date. I then did a search of the publisher of the site which I got took to on here (nanning weiwu)and its a adware so please be careful.

blackburnturfite
16-08-2014, 03:29 PM
Im getting exactly the same,yet when I try to update it my Norton security wont accept it as its a threat.

mkmel
16-08-2014, 04:46 PM
It was taking me an age to get on here just like it has this time and virtually every time over the last few days so I thought I would give up and action the Java update that keeps coming up so that's what I did.

Then I managed to get on here and saw this thread so what can I do?

I ran Malwarebytes full scan and it came back all clear so should I be ok or should I run Avast full scan that I also have or in fact would have Avast have protected me from any threat anyway?

Also for future reference,being non techy,how can I check that Java is up to date on my computer?

Thanks

Caernarfon_Claret
16-08-2014, 04:56 PM
Use chrome with *******. No problems.

realbarrowfordclaret
16-08-2014, 07:41 PM
Done a search on this and lots of message boards have this problem. It's a virus that's in one off the adverts and as the adverts are changing all the time not everyone gets the problem only a few. a pop up stopper will not stop the problem.

mkmel
16-08-2014, 08:23 PM
I've just got back home after going to the cinema and I left an Avast full scan running whilst I was out and that too has come back with the all clear so it looks like hopefully my computer has been unharmed by the Java update.

realbarrowfordclaret
17-08-2014, 08:23 AM
I'm getting a message now from avg while browsing this board about a fake codec and the threat has been removed.I have ad block but still every now and then i get a pop up usually at the bottom of the page:/