PDA

View Full Version : Negativity/Joy

yingyangyong
16-08-2014, 08:27 PM
Been in t'Egypt for two weeks - chilled - is there any way to stop (ablueclarets 16 Aug)negative threads?
Plenty of people starving, dying of disease and you will all die at some point, please put your negative energy in to some use and help them - it will make you feel nice - lets enjoy the ride and declare war on the joyless, miserable faction - perhaps they can start their own site - dead before i lived - or summat like that. - view external link (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vp1HVg_J7QA)

fatboy47
16-08-2014, 08:44 PM
Can we get rid of everybody that doesn't agree with me ?

ColdPieWarmBeer
16-08-2014, 08:46 PM
Oppression Olympics gold medal winning argument: It could be worse, you could literally be dead.

yingyangyong
16-08-2014, 09:08 PM
Yes we could - but it would take more time than I have to discuss on message boards.

I assume fatboy47 that you are referring to everyones right to a voice.

When I have a party I don't invite TwŁts who will ruin it.

We are having a party - ok have your concernes, worries, doubts and insecurities. but please don't project them on the majority of fans who are enjoying life and the top level of English football.

Misery loves company - your reply says more about you than my comments.

fatboy47
16-08-2014, 09:12 PM
Can't really decipher your nonsense pal...but (imo) ablueclaret makes 10x as much sense as you (ok, that's not saying much)

...and the point remains...you want a one-way discussion board.

Grow up.

yingyangyong
16-08-2014, 09:26 PM
Obviously not a supporter as you would support the team.

As for your phrase 'grow up'

condescending
The Latin prefix con- means "with," and the Latin word for descend means "down," so the word condescending probably developed to describe someone who looked down on others. Condescending behavior is, not surprisingly, itself looked down upon. It's usually intended to make people feel bad about not knowing or having something, and it very often works.

Which makes you (by you own definition)a bully.

Congratulations!

You have managed to prove that negativity is not the way forward

lovebeingaclaret
16-08-2014, 09:27 PM
Very worrying for someone who seems to consider them self quite intelligent but cannot understand a perfectly understandable post from ying.

Perhaps that is your problem in that you don't understand half of what's being said fatboy?

ColdPieWarmBeer
16-08-2014, 09:29 PM
Go on, fatboy, knock him out! (With semantics and an exercise in self-indulgent linguistic pedantry).

FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT!

(This is hilarious).

fatboy47
16-08-2014, 09:31 PM
And the point remains...you want a one-way discussion board.

Gonna treat us to another paragraph of crap ?...the last one took long enough.

Been on the turf every season since 1963 btw...even whilst living in Scotland and Somerset.STH for 5 of those years.

You joined the board in May 2009 I see.

yingyangyong
16-08-2014, 10:13 PM
And there is the gift of 'I have been here longer than you' which gives you some credence.
Argument is two opposing points of view being discussed.
Not some sentimental visit to ghosts of the past

yingyangyong
16-08-2014, 10:26 PM
Cpwm

Your contribution is neither helpful or informative
Conversation is how we exists - please try and
Converce

A heckler is a person who harasses and tries to disconcert others with questions, challenges, or gibes.[1] Hecklers are often known to shout disparaging comments at a performance or event, or to interrupt set-piece speeches, with the intent of disturbing performers and/or participants.

CC_Claret
16-08-2014, 11:29 PM
Incredible googling ability on display here, perhaps finally a spectator sport the 21st century can call its own.

ColdPieWarmBeer
16-08-2014, 11:37 PM
Incredible googling ability on display here, perhaps finally a spectator sport the 21st century can call its own.

Spoil sport. There was me thinking the [1] (***OPENBRACKETONE!!!CLOSEBRACKETCOUGHCOUGH) in yyy's post was a tourette's tick.

(Not that I should be laughing at that sort of thing).

belgianclaret
17-08-2014, 08:25 AM
"Gonna treat us to another paragraph of crap ?"

No, but I'm sure ABC will ;)

TuftyBeamish
17-08-2014, 08:34 AM
Interestingly enough, the term 'to heckle' comes from the linen trade.

Linky-linky. - view external link (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Heckler)

merlin1
17-08-2014, 09:01 AM
I have some sympathy with the opening comments.