PDA

View Full Version : Cant remember when I last wished a Monday to come so quickly

clarethomer07
16-08-2014, 08:45 PM
Excitement is starting to build for the season ahead.

Anybody else as eager for Monday to come so quickly?

ColdPieWarmBeer
16-08-2014, 09:15 PM
Without wanting to sound too limp or melodramatic, it wasn't until hearing our likely relegation rivals' results coming in that it hit me, "Jesus, we're a 'kin Premier League team again!".

Marney-SMASH-Costa-welcome to England-**** you Jose-thankyouverymuch.

clarethomer07
16-08-2014, 09:34 PM
I am genuinely hopeful we can be 4th worst or better this season. Certainly will be looking at the likes of QPR, Palace, Leicester, Southampton, WBA and Villa.

Watching SD's clarets player interview also and the ground improvement has really got the wishing Monday would come quickly feeling. Going to have to ensure I am kept busy at work...

I hope we have a rousing 16-17k chorus of "Who needs Mourinho, we've got Sean Dychio"

Bin_Ont_Turf
16-08-2014, 09:50 PM
"Who needs Mourinho, we've got Sean Dychio"

So it's alright to get that dagos right but not our own managers right?

We're at the same level as that lot, we've no need to change our managers to rhyme with the oppositions.

If the 100 mile an hourers can get their heads around not having to sing everything at 100 miles an hour, then maybe we can sing 'Dyche yer know' instead? It's not that different really in sound but it's different and keeps our managers intact.

clarethomer07
16-08-2014, 09:54 PM
I tried Dycheio and it didn't look right...

Maybe we can sing about the longside of Burnley being in our lancashire homes - so I hope the Yarkshire lot don't join in on this one

ColdPieWarmBeer
16-08-2014, 09:59 PM
1. If the 100mph'ers slowed down, by definition, they wouldn't be 100mps'ers, and would probably cease to exist altogether. You don't want that blood on your hands, do you? 2. Singing "we've got Sean Dyche, yer know?" sound like you were raised on a Norfolk farm. F.uck that.

Continentalisation worked for Branchy, it'll work for the gaffer.

Bin_Ont_Turf
16-08-2014, 10:00 PM
Maybe the Yorkshire lot should find someone else to support if they don't like it (which I'm sure most of them don't)?

garfunkal
16-08-2014, 10:05 PM
So you happy to use racist language BOT ?

Bin_Ont_Turf
16-08-2014, 10:07 PM
'Singing "we've got Sean Dyche, yer know?" sound like you were raised on a Norfolk farm. F.uck that'

What part of Norfolk have you been to ColdPie?

You could use 'ya' if you wanted but my preference would be 'tha'nos'.

Bin_Ont_Turf
16-08-2014, 10:12 PM
'So you happy to use racist language BOT ?'

Every person from the Iberian peninsula is a dago to me.

It's not racist, so don't go worrying your pretty little head about it.

ColdPieWarmBeer
16-08-2014, 10:12 PM
What part of Norfolk have you been to ColdPie?

The part where they're all cannibals, BOT.

I'm not a hip-hop artist so 'ya' (and also 'yo') is off-bounds. I'm proper Burnley accent i.e. Colne valley accent. (You robbing ba.stards!). This "tha'nos" *******s is horse fondling Blackburn shyte. Muggle.

garfunkal
16-08-2014, 10:17 PM
Dear me BOT , I did have my suspicions , thanks for the confirmation

Bin_Ont_Turf
16-08-2014, 10:26 PM
Your'e welcome Garfunkal.

Don't tell anyone but I don't think ColdPie lives anywhere near the grim north of East Lancashire, tha'nos.

AuntSally
16-08-2014, 10:32 PM
We're expected to get beat. We will get beat.

But it's not going to be any points we expected to get anything from. We need points from games that we're expected to get *something* from.

This is where we'll get 40 points from + the odd upset.

claret78
16-08-2014, 10:48 PM
There is absolutely no chance we will get beat. Draw maybe. But not get beat.

stalbansclaret
16-08-2014, 10:51 PM
"There is absolutely no chance we will get beat "
Hmmmmmmm

Can't wait for Monday.

AuntSally
16-08-2014, 10:52 PM
claret78bet999

Give me your odds Mister!

If we press like I know we can, then we can battle for a draw. That would be my punt.

ColdPieWarmBeer
16-08-2014, 10:54 PM
Don't tell anyone but I don't think ColdPie lives anywhere near the grim north of East Lancashire, tha'nos.

I'm on the front line keeping those white walkers Yarkshire c.unts out of your cosy little playground. You wouldn't have the word 'reyt' if it weren't for my sort. It'd be reeeeeeeigt. Count your lucky stars, son. You'd be half way to sounding like you're from Hull (shudder) if it weren't for me!

claret78
16-08-2014, 11:13 PM
Come back to me on Tuesday. Every single first home game we've played in the premier league we've won. That's not changing now.

dsr
16-08-2014, 11:51 PM
Colne Valley is in Yorkshire. Cold Pie is a Yorkshireman. If he came from anywhere near Colne, he'd know it was on a hill. :(

ColdPieWarmBeer
17-08-2014, 12:02 AM
It's the last great Lancastrian vanguard, dsr, you great big bloody ingrate! Those Barlick mongrels can take a f.uck to themselves, though. Bloody traitors.

Those 'Uddersfield ****ers stole the. There's only one Colne Valley. The true Valley of the North. The Valley where the Dynamoes layeth and the Hartley of Wallace waves his middle finger to anyone who considers pseudo-pastry a 'pudding'.

dougcollins
17-08-2014, 12:10 AM
You're all miles out. - view external link (http://www.colnevalleypark.org.uk/)

philsilvermalley
17-08-2014, 12:21 AM
The Yorkshire ones don t mind the song mind you I bet there's 25% of us

ColdPieWarmBeer
17-08-2014, 12:21 AM
I refuse to recognise the legitimacy of dsr's interpretation of the Colne Valley, doug; you think for a second I'm going to entertain the claims of those southern ponces?

Quicknick
17-08-2014, 06:18 AM
When the Longside used to chant Lancashire in the 70s, I used to chant Yorkshire.

He don't play for yo
17-08-2014, 06:46 AM
The reality hit yesterday when watching the Arsenal v Palace. Gave a little cheer when Palace scored as I love watching the Big 4 get beat, until I realised that they are now our competition.

I have never cheered Arsenal on before but did a little fist pump when Ramsey scored. It feels good to be back in the Premier League!

ATI
17-08-2014, 06:47 AM
i would say 30% of Burnley fsns are from Yorkshire.

ClaretMoffitt
17-08-2014, 08:15 AM
"i would say 30% of Burnley fsns are from Yorkshire."

Lol wot.

clarethomer07
17-08-2014, 09:11 AM
The tongue in cheek comment I made about Yorkshire was just that.

The point is that in the song it's not homes it is home - i.e. the longside of Burnley will always be there - at our home... i.e. Turf Moor - Our Lancashire home.

I wouldn't believe that 30% of fans are from Yorkshire either as 90% of stats are made up.

Claretforever
17-08-2014, 09:20 AM
ATI is likely one of our horse fiddling neighbours with comments like that.

Regarding the Dyche song, how on earth anyone can think 'we've got Sean Dyche yer know' sounds anything but ridiculous I've no idea?!!! :?

Agree with Clarethomer, 'we've got Sean Dychio' sounds better and makes sense. It's sticking to Mourinho as the target by using the end of his (sound) for Dyche.