PDA

View Full Version : Article i the Inependent on Sunday

JohnAngusFan
17-08-2014, 12:55 PM
Well written by davet. - view external link (www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/premier-league/the-secret-of-how-sean-dyche-worked-a-miracle-at-burnley-9673920.html)

Bin_Ont_Turf
17-08-2014, 01:35 PM
Well done Dave, a pleasure to read.

mikeS
17-08-2014, 01:51 PM
Excellent Dave. You also got a mention in The Sunday Times in an article in SD.

royboyclaret
17-08-2014, 02:02 PM
Good piece Dave.

Last season, and particularly the part played by Sean Dyche, will live long in the memory of anyone connected with Burnley Football Club.

Rowls
17-08-2014, 02:04 PM
Well done Dave. :)

buxtonclaret
17-08-2014, 02:10 PM
Lovely read, Dave.

Peter_Nobles_Wig
17-08-2014, 02:57 PM
As ever Dave, a wonderful read. Can't wait for my book to arrive.

minniemouth
17-08-2014, 03:02 PM
Good read, Dave. I'll pop the book on my wish list.

IanMcL
17-08-2014, 03:05 PM
Watch the Mighty Clarets roar!

Boliclaret
17-08-2014, 03:13 PM
Good read davet. What a season.

PvtJoker
17-08-2014, 03:18 PM
Cracking read, enjoyed that.

SussexDon1
17-08-2014, 03:56 PM
Great article Dave
Really enjoyed reading that! Spot on mate.

UTC!!!

Sidney1st
17-08-2014, 04:17 PM
Very good article, I'll be buying that book.

stalbansclaret
17-08-2014, 07:58 PM
Superb article which summarises a never-to-be-forgotten season and the fantastic foundations lying behind our success.
Now we move on to the next chapter , starting with a night tomorrow which is long-anticipated and will be memorable whatever the outcome on the pitch.
Thanks to SD and those players we can be proud to be Clarets.

1959_60
17-08-2014, 08:23 PM
Agree with all the above.

And I cannot recommend the book highly enough. I have skim read it so far and passed it onto my Dad - a Claret for 75 years.
He is thoroughly enjoying it - praise indeed.

Looking forward to the 2015 book recording our Premier League winning season.

Who says football doesn't do fairy tales?

cubanclaret
17-08-2014, 09:13 PM
Yes well done :)

ColdPieWarmBeer
17-08-2014, 09:19 PM
Generally decent article, like, but what kind of backwards, hick, deliverance-esque place are we living in where people are, in a round-about way, lambasted for having an elaborate haircut, listening to music or using their mobile phone? Cheap, hollow and utterly pointless dig in an otherwise decent write-up.

tufwick
17-08-2014, 10:02 PM
"but what kind of backwards, hick, deliverance-esque place are we living in where people are, in a round-about way, lambasted for having an elaborate haircut, listening to music or using their mobile phone?*"

Surely you've seen the Prem, self absorbed players, just as the article describes, totally ignoring their fans and out of touch with the real world. Chat with any of our players and you will understand that they will all give you the time of day. And that's not because we are living in a 'hick town'.
Seems you have missed the point being made about Dyche's style of player.

ColdPieWarmBeer
17-08-2014, 10:10 PM
I understand the point being made, I'm not a moron. I don't think haircuts have anything to do with attitude. I don't think using a mobile phone makes you self-absorbed or out of touch with the real world. It's a $hitty, simple-minded and flat-out ignorant, bandwaggoning correlation.

Bin_Ont_Turf
17-08-2014, 10:30 PM
Bloody hell have you had a bad day ColdPie?

I think that Dave is bob on with what he's said on that.

I've always been 'simple minded' though.

BennyD
18-08-2014, 02:34 AM
I understand the point being made, I'm not a moron. I don't think haircuts have anything to do with attitude. I don't think using a mobile phone makes you self-absorbed or out of touch with the real world. It's a $hitty, simple-minded and flat-out ignorant, bandwaggoning correlation.

Simple really. SD has decided to instil some good old fashioned values into his squad whereby when they represent the club they behave accordingly, ie they are smartly turned out, punctual and disciplined. Such things help to instil the sense of camaraderie and team-work which was evident all last season, and if you don't get it you've obviously never been in the forces. Also a haircut can say a lot about attitude; a green Mohican for example doesn't indicate mainstream personality, It shouts individual doing it because they can. I'm with SD on this and I guess that's one of the reasons why he's a better manager than you .

Boliclaret
18-08-2014, 09:55 AM
"but what kind of backwards, hick, deliverance-esque place are we living in where people are, in a round-about way, lambasted for having an elaborate haircut, listening to music or using their mobile phone?"

I don't think its making that point at all. Its simply saying that the group are sociable and at ease with the people who look up to them. The players appreciate the responsibilities they have towards the supporters as oppossed to seeing the supporters as a nuisance that are beneath them.

Being polite and having good manners and good habits aren't signs of simplistic dumbness, these are signs of self worth and self respect.