PDA

View Full Version : MOTD coverage

LClaret
17-08-2014, 01:10 PM
The coverage on MOTD has really gone downhill recently but last night seemed to be even worse.

They now spend so much time on 'analysis' (pretty boring analysis at that) and showing off the graphics in the studio that the highlights only last a couple of minutes (almost as short as The Football League show - but at least they have the excuse that they have 3 leagues to show).

I don't want to see a graphic of the manager or the last striker who left or whatever else they show in the studio - just show more of the match!

yesTHATironingboard
17-08-2014, 01:17 PM
aren't they restricted on how much of the matches they can show?

i agree though, the so called analysis is comically bad.

alan shearer is surly and dull and i think gullit was drunk.

ClaretTony2014
17-08-2014, 01:43 PM
I always record it, watch the action and then x30 all the claptrapping unless there is something controversial to discuss.

It makes the programme shorter, but more importantly it makes it better.

permafrost
17-08-2014, 02:12 PM
They chose Gullit to sit alongside Shearer, they can't abide each other.
remember gullit leaving him on the bench when he took over at newcastle.
for a sunderland derby too.

minniemouth
17-08-2014, 02:40 PM
It's worse than you think. Each match gets about 5 pieces of action followed by 4 replays, manager close ups and crowd reaction. Totally boring.

pstotto
17-08-2014, 02:50 PM
It's not football, it's the hypnosis of millions of men (and a few women) with computer graphics technology, under the auspices of presenting a football show.

This was really bad on football focus where they have these gyrating circles driving one to distraction behind every interviewee or presenter.

CnBtruntru
17-08-2014, 03:28 PM
forget :D

below is what I was trying to show that Motd did not Wham v Spurs best shot of the game. - view external link (http://tinypic.com/r/35jyxj6/8)

yesTHATironingboard
17-08-2014, 05:01 PM
looking at the live feed of newcastle v man city on bbc football and they seem to think there's value in showing us the top four 'as it stands'.

it's edge of the seat stuff.

yorksclaret
17-08-2014, 06:46 PM
There were definitely more crowd shots last night and that Palace chairman interview was so out of place it was untrue.

yesTHATironingboard
17-08-2014, 09:47 PM
forget phil neville's delivery; just look at that barnet.

does he go to his local 'hairdressers' and ask to look like a 15 year old ponce?

DiBranchio
17-08-2014, 09:54 PM
The old pudding basin cut, ytib. XD

yesTHATironingboard
17-08-2014, 09:58 PM
i'd suggest he cuts it himself but what about those streaks?

perhaps king ponce robbie savage gives him a hand whilst they both watch dirty dancing.