PDA

View Full Version : It's Chelsea, it's the Premier League, let's savour it

ClaretTony
17-08-2014, 07:59 PM
I'm all ready for tomorrow - see link - view external link (www.clarets-mad.co.uk/feat/edb4/its_chelsea_its_the_premier_league_lets_savour_it_ 838716/index.shtml)

cricketfield72
17-08-2014, 08:05 PM
"we are Burnley and that is something very special and something we can all be proud of."

Hear, hear.

burnleybabe
17-08-2014, 08:09 PM
Great read, I grew up watching us in the top division.
Football has changed so much since then, and to achieve promotion the way we did last season was awsome.

I'm going to enjoy this latest ride. UTC

BFCmaj
17-08-2014, 08:10 PM
I'm getting butterflies now! Can't wait for tomorrow evening!

stevie2112
17-08-2014, 08:10 PM
Have to agree with all the sentiment in your article CT,Come on you Clarets!!!

claretnick
17-08-2014, 08:11 PM
We all just need to believe and sing ourselves hoarse.

ClaretTony2014
17-08-2014, 08:16 PM
I've been stunned by all the negativity. Some people seem to forget who we are. That article is how I feel. Can't wait to start.

Rowls
17-08-2014, 08:23 PM
Exactly how I feel CT.

It's great times to be a Claret fan. I can't wait for tomorrow evening to come round.

COME ON YOU CLARETS!!!!!!

keith1879
17-08-2014, 08:43 PM
I've stayed away from here most of the summer because of the negativity - Tony's article is EXACTLY how I feel.

Come on you clarets!!

billyhamilton82
17-08-2014, 08:55 PM
Great article.

Very excited now!

Lets show Chelsea what we are about. Shout and sing and sing some more.

Get right behind the lads and give their players a real Burnley welcome. Let Jose see what a "real" English crowd looks and sounds like.

They may be superstars of the Champions League but there aren't many places as loud and intimidating as Turf Moor when its rocking.

LET'S MAKE SOME NOISE !!!

cubanclaret
17-08-2014, 08:56 PM
Well said Tony

feej72
17-08-2014, 08:57 PM
Spot on Tony, come on you Clarets. Bring it on. This article and Dave T's independent piece confound the drivel posted on this msg board.

Garforth_Claret
17-08-2014, 09:03 PM
Agreed both great articles. Can't wait, dreams tonight, work tomorrow but counting the hours, excited car journey and walk/run to the ground. Everyone behind the team win, lose or draw. UTC.

slidingtackle
17-08-2014, 09:17 PM
Fair play Tony. Both realistic and optimistic.

Don't get the pessimistic views of too many on here. We are Burnley FFS!

Cirrus_Minor
17-08-2014, 09:31 PM
Well said that man!

I am looking forward and will indeed savour it and it will be viewed through my fingers. But this is miles better than playing Rotherham or Brentford.

UTC

LoveCurryPies
17-08-2014, 09:42 PM
I might not sleep tonight. I've had this idea in my head that actually we might win this game despite the odds. We have a passionate, hard-working, ambitious team that have an incredible team spirit. I'll take that over Chelsea's 200 million team of stars.

heiaburnley
17-08-2014, 09:52 PM
When I crossed the North Sea in March 2010 to watch Burnley at Turf Moor for the first time, I almost froze to death and said to myself 'Never again during October to March'. But by the 12/13 season I made four visits watching nine games, and then came that fantastic 13/14 season when I wanted more and more games and ended up with nine visits and 20 wonderful games with mostly wonderful results.
I hope we can manage several seasons at the top level, but I am taking no chances. My aim for this season is to see 17 home games and at least a handful away games, even if I have to brave the terrible British cuisine

GordonvaleClaret
17-08-2014, 09:53 PM
Negativity isn't a recently developed trait among Clarets. Go back to the 4-4 1961 "Reserves" game against Chelsea, only 19000 fans turned up, whereas that season's average was just under 24000. That makes 5000 stay-a-ways who missed the opportunity to watch Jimmy Greaves in those no-TV days.

jdrobbo
17-08-2014, 09:59 PM
Excellent article Tony. I even laughed at your 'dig!' :)

SussexDon1
17-08-2014, 10:02 PM
THanks CT GREAT ARTICLE AND IT SUMMARISES HOW I FEEL
Been a souther based Burnley since I was 12 and suffered a lot of grief over the years "why do you support Burnley" and the reason I gave was we are underdogs and what we have achieved is a MIRACLE.

Lets stop moaning and get behind the team FFS!!!

I loved this section of your write up

We are not a massive club. We will never be able to compete with some of these clubs we are now due to face in league fixtures, but we are Burnley and that is something very special and something we can all be proud of.

HEAR HEAR!! Well done CT

COME ON YOUR CLARETS!!!

I think we will beat Chelsea tomorrow night

WinchmoreHillClaret
17-08-2014, 10:12 PM
Great article Tony, I can't wait for tomorrow's game or for the rest of the season to unfold.
I have a funny feeling that Dyche will prove to be the difference and that we will defy every preseason prediction and stay up.
I'm also fed up of constantly reading negative comments on here from 'fans'. We have to be both positive and realistic and hope that the magic formula from last season continues to bear fruit.
As a caveat I predict Ings and Trippier to have excellent seasons causing them o bed in a future Hodgson Engkand squad.

JohnMcGreal
17-08-2014, 10:28 PM
The summer is finally coming to a close, and even though a lot of people (myself included) are frustrated by events off the pitch, tomorrow is when the real stuff starts.

We can forget all about retainer gate, crap PR and a disappointing transfer window (so far) and really start to revel in the big league, and what a way to kick it off against a team like Chelsea.

These are very exciting times, and it's important we don't forget that, despite some factors which can cause frustration.

Tomorrow night can't come quick enough.

Royconmike1
17-08-2014, 10:31 PM
Very good, Tony. Only from living abroad does it truly sink in the extent to which the eyes of the football watching world will be on us tomorrow. The figures on the Premier League site lay it out- 212 territories, 643 million homes etc. etc.- but when I know that I could walk into a Best Buy tomorrow afternoon US time, and expect to see our game being used to sell their $3000 sets- it hits home. Every country- other than Albania and North Korea- has a TV deal to watch the Prem.

Painful for me not to be there, but the crowd need to do everything to help to keep us in this game for as long as possible.

Come on Burnley.

permafrost
17-08-2014, 10:51 PM
This is what its all about.
its time to believe again.
even though I'm ****ting my kecks at the thought of Hazard and the rest,
tearing us a new one.
bring 'em on.

mickleover_claret
17-08-2014, 11:06 PM
Come on you lovely Clarets. UTC

oldcolner
Well said CT inspirational stuff.
The scenario seems similar to last year, people with low expectations, most pundits saying we will go down, so let's hope for an outcome like last year.
I know it's throwing money away but I have put a tenner on us to win the title at 10,000 to 1.
Anyone else as daft as me?

Swanson
Totally agree with your article Tony, been excited for months now and can't sleep!

It's remarkable that we are experiencing a second season in the premier so quick after the first one - and I could never believe that I would see Burnley playing in the premier league as it got richer and richer.

This season I am going to enjoy every single moment.

Oshkoshclaret
18-08-2014, 01:30 AM
Touche!

claretcanada
18-08-2014, 03:22 AM
IS IT MONDAY YET...
Having watched Burnley through their glory years from late 50's until I Came to Canada in '66 and then followed them from afar I still feel that excitement as a new season opens. This season is so special, with the way we gained promotion, the special Team spirit that exists from the Manager down and the fact that all, except those who really know, have written us off already.
Great article Tony, I for one will be cheering in front of my TV tomorrow at noon with hope in my heart.
But no matter what this truly is going to be a season to savor and to one and all on this site enjoy and good luck UTC
Please is it Monday yet.

CnBtruntru
18-08-2014, 07:51 AM
Well written and true regarding negativity, I have always had Claret tinted specks, so wherever we play or whoever we play, it is Never say Never Claret Forever, Come on You Clarets.

p.s.

cannot wait for tonight, like a 53yr old kid waiting for his new train set :D

claretspice
18-08-2014, 08:01 AM
There's next to nothing in there that even the most frustrated supporter, disappointed by our summer dealings, would disagree with.

Good stuff Tony, I think we're all excited about tonight. Won't pretend I'm not a little nervous too, but then nerves and excitement go hand in hand, don't they?

LoveCurryPies
18-08-2014, 08:14 AM
The Players have nothing to lose but everything to gain. Losing against Chelsea would be no shame but winning would mean everything. Wouldn't it be fabulous to win!!!

Come on supporters...let's really rock Turf Moor tonight. Win or lose, we are back in the Premier League! :D

pearcey
18-08-2014, 08:16 AM
For just today I have to say the Boomtown Rats song does not apply. Win, lose or draw we are playing Chelsea in front of a full house in the Premier League! I bloody love Mondays!!!

Rileybobs
18-08-2014, 10:35 AM
Good read, that certainly whet the appetite. Did anyone else find it easier than usual getting out of bed on this Monday morning?

the_quoon
18-08-2014, 10:41 AM
i'm totally 100% focussed on work today.

harrowclaret
18-08-2014, 10:45 AM
Great read Tony time to get behind the team and roar them on to a famous win.

ewanrob
18-08-2014, 10:59 AM
Great piece Tony, must admit trying to work is a non starter..butterflies in the stomach with this.