PDA

View Full Version : Burnley v Chelsea - Player Ratings

ClaretTony2014
18-08-2014, 09:52 PM
Please leave ratings for all players who have played 20 mins or more.

Scoring is from 3 to 10 as follows:

10 - Out of this World
9 - Excellent
8 - Very Good
7 - Good
6 - Average
5 - Below Par
4 - Poor
3 - Abysmal

Darthlaw
18-08-2014, 10:00 PM
Heaton - 6 - couldn't do much about the goals but woeful first half kicking.

Mee - 6- thought he did well overall despite no help from Taylor
Shackell - 5 - loose passes and caught in possession
Duff - 6 - the better of our two centre halves.
Trippier - 6 - Rabbit in the headlights first half, grew into the second.

Arfield - 9 - Looked a premier league winger and gave Azpilawhatsiscallhim a torrid time. Great goal too.
Jones - 5 - Corkscrews and wayward passes.
Marney - 5 - just wayward passes
Taylor - 4 - is he even match fit? Looked *******sed early in the second half and lost his man all night. Gets one mark for the assist.

Juke - 7 - bullied JohnTerry all night and linked up well.
Ings - 5 - off the boil and didn't look interested until the second half.

Dyche - 6 A harsh lesson from an excellent Chelski team. Thankfully we won't have to play them every week. I still think we'll stay up but we've got to get the midfield strengthened.

daveisaclaret
18-08-2014, 10:01 PM
Heaton 5 - not convinced by him on the first goal at all, got really panicky in possession after
Trippier 6 - looked decent (but cautious) going forward, obviously struggled in defence
Duff 6 - had a hard time but was resolute
Shackell 7 - think he was impressive
Mee 5 - real struggle but a thankless task
Arfield 8 - looked up to it
Marney 6 - mixed it up
Jones 5 - bit slow and ponderous
Taylor 7 - great assist, played well
Juke 8 - Vokesish
Ings 6 - some impressive touches but couldn't really impose himself

Barnes 5 - struggled
Kightly 5 - didn't look to get much done really

Fans 3 - atmosphere died very early

It's difficult to give ratings because Chelsea were incredible and at the start and in the second half (when Chelsea had admittedly eased off) we gave a great account of ourselves. There was a spell of real panic in the first half and a lot of sloppy play too, and their third goal is just a nightmare to concede. Really enjoyed tonight though and hope we can take some of those

clareturion
18-08-2014, 10:09 PM
Heaton 6 Not much chance with the goals
Trippier 6 Overawed early on but improved
Duff 7 Played well
Shackell 6 Wobbled at times
Mee 7 Played really well
Arfield 8 Played great
Marney 6 Battled but...
Jones 5 Wanted too much space and time
Taylor 5 plenty of effort not much class
Ings 6 Feeding on scraps
Jutkiewicz 6 Battled hard v best in business

Barnes 5 Struggled to make an impact
Sordell 5 ditto
Kightly 6 caused a few problems.

This season will be an object lesson in how far team spirit, effort and commitment get you against the best in the country. Tonight, despite everyone's best endeavours it didn't get very far.

Thought ref had a good game though

Pieandapint
18-08-2014, 10:11 PM
Heaton 9
Mee 9
Shackell 9
Duff 9
Trippier 9
Arfield 10 MOM (from both sides)
Jones 9
Marney 9
Taylor 9
Ings 9
Jutkiewicz 9
Sordell 9
Barnes 9
Kightly 9

To score any less, when little old Burnley is fortunate just to be on the same field as mega super millions Chelsea from the big smoke, would surely only be critical and negative!

In all seriousness though, some promising performances and some areas to work on. Any points against the top 7 or 8 will be a bonus, our fight is against those below.

Good to hear that Dyche agrees with us negatives that more signings are needed. Hopefully he's having a chat and a glass of red with Jose now.

It was a pleasure to see some of the passing and movement from Chelsea. Fab Fabregas (as usual against us) Schurrle and Costa, just brilliant.

fungus_the_bogeyman
18-08-2014, 10:12 PM
Taylor 4? I know it's all about opinions, but I'm not sure I agree with this at all. He played a wonderful ball in for the goal and our best two or three deliveries after that came from his left boot. He did struggle defensively, but so did Marney and Jones, but they didn't get penalized as severely. Extremely harsh IMO; nobody deserved such a low mark.

stalbansclaret
18-08-2014, 10:15 PM
Heaton 6..didnt have a huge amount to do !!! Some poor kicking
Trippier 6...thought he struggled first half with Hazard. Better in 2nd half wioth less intensity from Chelsea
Duff 7..did not let anyone down (as ever)
Shackell 6..couple of overly-casual moments
Mee 6...mark off for the horror backpass. Was solid enough otherwise. Chelsea's second goal was so good you can't attribute blame
Taylor 7...he most definitely IS match fit. Thought he was energetic and capable
Jones 5... looked noticeably one-footed
Marney 6..hard job in there. Struggled, not surprisingly, against that Chelsea midfield
Arfield 8 ..MOM. Love him and so pleased thst he showed his quality. Great goal and close to a second too,
Ings...6. Will have more fruitful games against lesser opposition but kept plugging away
Juke 7...Vokes mark II

Subs not really on long enough to rate other than 5

Chelsea were so good at times, and so far above anything we encountered last season, that you can only hope that we now have an

Peter_Nobles_Wig
18-08-2014, 10:17 PM
Heaton 7
Mee 8
Shackell 6
Duff 8 MOM :star:
Trippier 7
Arfield 8
Jones 7
Marney 6
Taylor 6
Ings 6
Jutkiewicz 7
Sordell 5
Barnes 6
Kightly 6

A difficult game. Why couldn't we start with someone easy... like Man United?! ;D

fungus_the_bogeyman
18-08-2014, 10:18 PM
Heaton 6
Trippier 6
Duff 7
Shackell 6
Mee 6
Taylor 7
Arfield 8
Jones 6
Marney 6
Jutkiewicz 7
Ings 6

Kightly 6
Barnes 6

Proud of the way we battled tonight against a team that was simply frightening at times. Our goal was a thing of real beauty and at times we threatened going forward. Still much work to be done defensively, but I thought we could be encouraged overall.

Jamb0MackemClaret
18-08-2014, 10:19 PM
Taylor created more chances than anyone on the pitch in the first half. I know our wingers have to work bloody hard too, but your creative players are in the team to create and that's what he did.

Chuckypad
18-08-2014, 10:21 PM
Heaton - 7
Trippier - 7
Duff - 8
Shackell - 7
Mee - 7
Arfield - 8 :star:
Marney - 7
Jones - 7
Taylor - 7
Juke - 8
Ings - 6

Pieandpint - I admire your superfan attitude, but can you honestly say that all ten players, other than Arfield, played equally as well as each other?

Pieandapint
18-08-2014, 10:25 PM
I did :-)

MDWat
18-08-2014, 10:26 PM
Pieandapint is clearly taking the ****.

Heaton 5
Trippier 6
Duff 7
Shackell 5
Mee 6
Arfield 8*
Marney 6
Jones 6
Taylor 6
Juke 8
Ings 6

Kightly 6
Barnes 6

Darthlaw
18-08-2014, 10:26 PM
At one point I counted three times where he lost his man out wide - the point where Chelsea players were queuing up to put a cross in during the second half. That's when he looked goosed and Dyche took him off shortly afterwards.

Maybe it's unfair to judge him on Kightleys excellent tracking back last season but we're going to need a similarly defensive minded performances to succeed this year.

bf2k
18-08-2014, 10:27 PM
Heaton - 6 - awful kicking but couldn't do much with the goals.

Mee - 5 - struggled in the first half. Slow to close down
Shackell - 5 - passing was too slow and often aimless. Covered well though when needed
Duff - 6 - Played well and new when to get rid or pick a pass
Trippier - 6 - Awful first half but when Hazard moved inside and onto the right he came into the game and started to get into his stride.

Arfield - 8 - Brilliant finish, worked hard and used the ball well.
Jones - 6 - Always seemed to go backward and movement in midfield was poor
Marney - 5 - slow, wanted too much time and like Jones went backward too often. His passing, well it wasn't passing. Has to improved if we are to stand any chance.
Taylor - 5 - It seems really harsh to mark him the lowest we can so I thought I;d give him a little benefit of the doubt, but if that's Premier League experience for you you can keep it. He was everything I've said about Marney & Mee rolled into one.

Juke - 8 MOM - Terry & Cahill

hb_claret007
18-08-2014, 10:29 PM
Taylor will play much better for us.
Poor positional play not to mention a couple of lousy corners.

Boliclaret
18-08-2014, 10:30 PM
Heaton 6
Trippier 6
Mee 6
Duff 7
Shackell 5
Taylor 6
Jones 5
Marney 6
Arfield 7 :star:
Ings 6
Juke 7

Subs, Kightley 5 Barnes 6 sordell 5

DarkCloud
18-08-2014, 10:32 PM
Heaton 6. Not at fault for goals, but kicking very iffy. Looked nervous.
Tripps 6 Also looked nervous.
Shacks 6 Also looked nevous.
Duff 8 Carried on from last season and didn't look nervous.
Mee 7 Looked nervous, but got settled eventually and got better.
Marney 6 Not a single foul all night!!? Chasing shadows.
Jones 6 Wanted a bit more time than he was getting.
Arfield 9* Carried on from last season and didn't look at all nervous.
Taylor 6 One for the assist but otherwise Kightly can feel aggrieved not to have started. Not enough work rate.
Juke 8 Really promising and at least gave Terry something to think about.
Ings 6 Never threatened their goal, but worked hard 40 yards from goal which is fine, but they will be happy with that.
Kightly 7 Made some impact and after last season deserved to start tbh.
Barnes 5 It would have been better to leave Juke on.

Chelsea are very very good, but I can't help being little disappointed that we seemed to not play the intense pressing game we were

kaptin1
18-08-2014, 10:36 PM
Heaton 6 - no chance with any of the goals
Trippier 6 - gave ball away early on but otherwise ok
Duff 9 - brilliant second half
Shackell 6 - a few dodgy moments
Mee 6 - got better as game progressed
Airfield 9 - creative, tenacious, energetic, goal scorer!!
Marney 7 - did well against tough opponents
Jones 7 - as per Marney
Taylor 8 - great run and cross for goal
Jukiewitz 7 - marginally the better of the front two
Ings 7 - a couple of half chances

Kightly 7 - energetic, but no end product
Barnes 6 - didn't really notice him
Sordell n/a - not really on long enough to judge

Overall, much as expected. We worked hard, kept a our shape and looked good in parts, but just came up against superior opposition. Importantly, we didn't disgrace ourselves.

Peter_Nobles_Wig
18-08-2014, 10:38 PM
"I can't help being little disappointed that we seemed to not play the intense pressing game we were so good at last season"

Welcome to the Premier League Dark Cloud ;D

They "pressed" us like we "pressed" Championship teams last season.

DarkCloud
18-08-2014, 10:40 PM
Good point P-N-W!

careyclaret
18-08-2014, 10:42 PM
Heaton 6 - couldn't do much about the goals
Trippier 6 - not at his best
Duff 6 - defensively solid but couldn't build going forward
Shackell 6 - disappointing
Mee 5 - poor, lucky to get away with terrible back pass
Taylor 7 - solid
Arfield 9 - the best by some distance
Jones 6 - average
Marney 6- average
Jutkiewicz 7 - promising
Ings 6 -disappointing

Kightly 5 - didn't add much
Barnes 5 - same as above

No shame in losing to Chelsea, but disappointed in our pressing game. Chelsea for all their quality gave us less time when we had the ball than we gave them. Defending for the third goal was awful.

UTC

enola_gay
18-08-2014, 10:43 PM
Heaton (6) - Iffy distribution, maybe on the first goal too. Not much he could have done about the others.
Trippier (6) - OK at the back, unsurprisingly not really a factor further forward.
Duff (6) - Solid enough, could have done with more help from midfield at times.
Shackell (6) - See Duff.
Mee (6) - See Trippier.
Arfield (8) - MOTM by quite some way. Effective and energetic and a cracking goal.
Marney (6) - worked hard, chased an awful lot of shadows.
Jones (6) - See Marney. I get the feeling his one-footedness is going to be preyed on a bit this season.
Taylor (5) - Assist aside I thought he looked a weak link and wasn't surprised when he was hooked.
Jutkiewicz (6) - Effort but little effect.
Ings (6) - Same as Jutkiewicz. Too often on different wavelengths.

Kightly (5) - An initial burst of energy, faded.
Barnes (5) - Not involved enough.
Sordell - not on long enough.

We'd have nee

claretspice
18-08-2014, 10:48 PM
Heaton - 5 - In truth, he didn't have that much to do, but his kicking in particular was uncharacteristically shaky in the first half in particular.

Trippier - 6 - Started shakily and seemed unprepared for the pace of Chelsea's pressing, but grew into the game to have a pretty solid second half.

Mee - 4 - A difficult evening all round - struggled with Schurle down the left (albeit with limited protection from Taylor), was a little slow out to defend the cross for Chelsea's first, probably should have given away a penalty, and then produced a pretty poor effort at defending a set play to gift Chelsea a third.

Duff - 8 - Battled manfully at the back, and only once can I remember him being done by someone running in behind him. The rest of the time he was trying to watch about 4 players interchanging in front of him and he did it as well as anyone could have been expecting him to.

Shackell - 7 - See Duff. A couple of sloppy errors in possession, but otherwise did pretty well.

Marney

hanoverusaclaret
18-08-2014, 10:54 PM
Heaton 6 Nothing he could do. Needs better distribution though.
Trippier 5 Will take time to get used to the standard. Chelsea kept him quiet.
Mee 4 Like the guy but not up to it today. Hope he improves, but shown up today.
Duff 8* Man of Match in my eyes. Looked composed and won a lot in the air.
Shackell 5 Tough game today. Got caught out a couple of times.
Marney 5 Over run in midfield today. No shame in that against World class players!
Jones 5 Ditto. Ponderous today and over run.
Arfield 7 Class act. One of our best signings ever! Great finish and industrious.
Taylor 6 Some good serves. Has a great left foot. Nice assist.
Ings 6 Tough game. Had to work off scraps. Get used to it Mr. Ings! Will score goals.
Jutkiewicz 6 Not bad. Very Vokes-like. Good addition. Nice touch.
Subs:
Kightly 6 Harried and worked hard in his cameo role.
Barnes 5 Hard to make an impact.
Sordell NR Harried and tried.

Not a bad effort today. Thankfully we won't be playing them every week. No shame in getti

LancasterClaret
18-08-2014, 10:56 PM
Alright considering. Started well, scored a beauty but Chelsea had a fifteen minute spell were we did everything wrong and they did everything right.

Lots of positives though, but we have to move it quicker and we have to give Jones and Marney more options to pass to.

Heaton 6 - kicking was poor
Trips 6 - couldn't really get forward
Duff 7 - immense at times, but a really poor header for their crucial first
Shackell 6 - very unshackell like distribution
Mee 6 - defended ok
Arfield 9 MOM - fitted into the prem like he's always been there. Outstanding
Marney 6 - better 2nd half, but first half was poor
Jones 6 - as above
Taylor 6 - did ok, but no more than ok
Luke 7 - did well, though I thought he could have laid the ball off a couple of times to Ings on the floor rather than in the air
Ings 6 - feeding off scraps

Subs

Kightly 5 - cross the ball please
Barnes 6 - worked hard
Sordell 5 - needs games

HatfieldClaret
18-08-2014, 11:01 PM
PieandaPint,

totally disagree with you there.

You've under marked them...

Holding head high at work tomorrow. Pride of the north...

RogerEliHatTrick
18-08-2014, 11:03 PM
Heaton 6 but kicking a bit poor
Trippier 5 poor first half
Duff 7 good game
Shackell 5 some sloppy play and passing
Mee 7 thought he played really well second half
Arfield 8 MOM excellent didn't look at all out of place
Marney 5 pedestrian
Jones 5 pedestrian
Taylor 6 capable of delivering a decent corner
Juke 7 looked really up for it and got stuck in
Ings 5 didn't really happen for him

Subs:
Kightly 7 offered something extra and good work rate
Barnes 5 offered nothing no impact

Chelsea were excellent particularly Oscar, Shurrle, Hazard and Fabregas.
The pace of their players was unbelievable and they just don't make mistakes. A huge gap in standard between top of Champ and top of PL. We need more pace and beefing up in midfield desperately.

Bin_Ont_Turf
18-08-2014, 11:12 PM
I'm going to have to stop reading these ratings threads on the basis of posters who you imagine know what they are talking about (and usually talk a good game) but then come out with some crap.

Shackell scored higher than Duff

Ings scored higher than the Juke.

XD

But it's a messageboard for opinions they cry!

Well my opinion is that you're talking crap Dave and Spice.

distortiondave
18-08-2014, 11:12 PM
I think some of our lads were genuinely surprised by how quick the Chelsea team were.

Chelsea isn't the yardstick though. Maybe I'm naive in thinking Mourinho told his players to ease off after half time, but they were so far ahead of us we might as well have been playing different sports and could have scored as many as they wanted.

I enjoyed it though, after a fashion.

But I'm glad I'm a Burnley fan. Maybe it wasn't as prevalent before, or maybe it's because it's Chelsea, but the whole thing feels false...plastic...orchestrated. I dunno.

Maybe it's just the sad realisation that football will never be as good as it was in 1992...

sheffieldturfite
18-08-2014, 11:16 PM
Heaton 6
Trippier 6
Mee 5
Duff 7
Shackell 5
Taylor 6
Jones 6
Marney 6
Arfield 8
Ings 6
Juke 9**

Kights 5
Barnes 4

Really enjoyed that. I suspect this Chelsea side will win the league so what a challenge, especially having a man less in midfield. Chelsea eased to a win but were sufficiently nervous that they could not push on but shut up shop, credit to us. No shame, gets our own nerves out of the way, the season starts properly on Saturday.

Taylor's left foot and the Juke bullying their defence all night, can anyone reasonably sane in mind still argue that those two are not an upgrade on last years side? I cannot recall a game where Cahill and Terry (well done to the former for applauding all four stands at the end by the way) did not win 50% of the headers but they didn't tonight. Juke is more of an animal than Big Sam, when Dyche works more magic on him he will terrify defences and get us wins, especially with Danny being so close to him and the wingers cutting in to help out.

W

CrustyCrouton
18-08-2014, 11:17 PM
Heaton 7
Trippier 7
Duff 8
Shackell 7
Mee 6
Arfield 8
Marney 6
Jones 6
Taylor 7
Juke 7
Ings 7

Barnes 5
Kightly 5

Fans 1 - Under the circumstances, embarrassingly pathetic.

tomclaret
19-08-2014, 12:01 AM
"but they were so far ahead of us we might as well have been playing different sports and could have scored as many as they wanted."

it's Chelsea, they are light years ahead of us. They won the Champions League two years ago, I really don't see what more we could have expected tonight. Some of our forward play and momentum particularly in the first 15 mins of each half was commendable, considering the opposition we were up against.

bigclaretandblue
19-08-2014, 05:29 AM
Heaton 9
Mee 9
Shackell 9
Duff 10
Trippier 9
Arfield 10 MOM (from both sides)
Jones 9
Marney 9
Taylor 9
Ings 9
Jutkiewicz 9
Sordell 9
Barnes 9
Kightly 9

HOW CAN WE POSSIBLY RATE PLAYERS AGAINST A SIDE LIKE CHELSKI, THEY DID AS WELL AS WAS POSSIBLE AGAINST SUCH A WORLD CLASS SIDE..

theenclosure
19-08-2014, 05:46 AM
Heaton 5
Trippier 6
Duff 7
Shackell 5
Mee 7
Arfield 8*
Marney 6
Jones 5
Taylor 7
Juke 8
Ings 6

Kightly 6
Barnes 6

DavetheVicar
19-08-2014, 06:55 AM
Heaton 6
Trippier 6
Duff 7
Shackell 6
Mee 7
Arfield 8
Marney 6
Jones 6
Taylor 7
Juke 7
Ings 6

Kightly 6
Barnes 6

claretspice
19-08-2014, 07:46 AM
Presume you were on the beer before and after the game last night B_o_T - can't really think of another justification for that outburst above.

I thought Ings carried more of a goalthreat and linked the play better than Juke, who I didn't think did badly but was on a bit of a hiding to nothing. Also thought Duff was more solid than Shackell. If you disagree then fair dos.

ClaretTony2014
19-08-2014, 07:48 AM
So, so hard to mark against that Chelsea team. I take full responsibility for Fabregas after bigging him up for the last week. I've opted not to give anything less than 6 simply because of the quality of the opposition.

Heaton 6
Trippier 6
Duff 8
Shackell 6
Mee 6
Arfield 9
Marney 6
Jones 6
Taylor 7
Ings 6
Jutkiewicz 7

Kightly 6
Barnes 6

Burt
19-08-2014, 07:57 AM
Hopefully that's the strongest team we will see at the Turf this season

Heaton 6
Trippier 6
Duff 8
Shackell 7
Mee 6
Taylor 5
Arfield 9
Jones 5
Marney 6
Jutkiewicz 7
Ings 6

Kightly 6
Barnes 6

buxtonclaret
19-08-2014, 08:10 AM
Tough, tough game.

Heaton 5
Trippier 6
Duff 7
Shackell 6
Mee 5
Taylor 6
Arfield 8
Jones 6
Marney 6
Jutkiewicz 8
Ings 6

Kightly 5
Barnes 6

We've probably seen the Champions elect and a contender for Goal of the Season in our first game back.
Airfield didn't score a bad 'un, either.

the_quoon
19-08-2014, 08:20 AM
heaton - 6

trippier - 6 defensively sound, denied the chance to get forward much by chelsea

duff - 8 the widely perceived weak link was the strongest link in our defence

shackell - 7 a bit sloppy in possession but that was more down to the lack of options ahead of him

mee - 5 caught out a few times but he wasn't that bad

marney - 5

jones - 5 these two were outnumbered and outgunned

taylor - 6 created a few things and plenty of huff and **** but plenty of huff and **** was all that most of it amounted to

arfield - 9 busy, skilful, creative, scored a superb goal and was only denied an even better second by an excellent save

ings - 5 very difficult night for him and he struggled to get into the game much

jutkiewicz - 6 battled hard, fouled a lot; if he can strike up an understanding with ings they can be as good as ings and vokes were last season

subs:
changed nothing

like sheffieldturfite, i really enjoyed the game which is perhaps an odd thing to say after a 3-1 home defe

cubanclaret
19-08-2014, 08:35 AM
Agree with Quoon on the quality of Chelsea's second, right up there with best goals seen at Turf and I can say Chelsea were the best team I've seen play at Turf Moor in the 33 years I've been watching with some conviction.

Heaton 6
Trippier 6
Mee 6
Duff 8
Shackell 7
Jones 5
Marney 5
Taylor 7
Arfield 9
Ings 6
Jutz 6
--
Barnes 6
Sordell 6

nilnil
19-08-2014, 08:49 AM
Heaton - 6. Couldn't do a great deal but distribution/kicking not at it's best last night
Trippier - 7. Not as effective going forward but the fact Hazard didn't get on the ball anywhere near what was expected showed he was sound defensively.
Mee - 6. 110% as always.
Shackell - 5. Not one of his most convincing displays. Chelsea pressed high and he was caught out more than once.
Duff - 7. Yes he is not the quickest but improves with age. Solid.
Jones - 5. Just couldn't get into the game as we were over run on Midfield
Marney - 5 - As per Jones
Taylor - 6. Nice assist, worked hard and will be useful squad member
Arfield - 8 Brilliant performance. Unlucky not to get a 2nd.
Ings - 5. Looked a bit lost tonight. A wake up call and I think he will improve for the experience.
Juke - 6. Useful in the air but against the best two English central defenders, he got very little change.

SUBS:
Barnes - 5 - Couldn't get into the game
Kightly - 5 - Little impact

matty1294claret
19-08-2014, 09:27 AM
Heaton-6 As has been said poor kicking all night.
Trippier-6 Up against the best winger in the league and one of the best in the world, didn't embarrass himself.
Duff-7 Solid, pick of defence.
Shackell-6 Few shaky moments
Mee-6 Gave his all as per, struggled with Schurlle's world class movement in first half.
Arfield-9 Terrific all night. Thought he'd found an extra yard and what a finish.
Jones-5 Too one footed, overrun by three world class players.
Marney-5 Plenty of energy but very wasteful see Jones.
Taylor-6 Great assist along with a few wasteful corners.
Ings-6 Good touch all night as always and looked dangerous when on the ball just a bit wasteful.
Juke-7 Think he lost about 2 headers all evening. Some great link up against the best defence in the league.

Barnes 5
Sordell 5
Kightly 6

A good performance against a side who is more than likely to be finishing in the top 2 of the league this year. Chelsea were slick and so they should be with 180m worth of talent on the pit

Bin_Ont_Turf
19-08-2014, 10:00 AM
'Presume you were on the beer before and after the game last night B_o_T - can't really think of another justification for that outburst above'

It wouldn't matter if I'd been on the beer continuously since a week last tuesday, the Juke would still score higher than Ings.

badbeatbob20
19-08-2014, 10:08 AM
Heaton - 6

Mee - 6
Shackell - 5
Duff - 7
Trippier - 6

Arfield - 8
Jones - 6
Marney - 6
Taylor - 5

Juke - 7
Ings - 6

barnsey
19-08-2014, 10:57 AM
Agree, CT. So, so hard to mark against that Chelsea team. I've not given anything less than a 6 because of the quality of the opposition.

Heaton 6
Trippier 6
Duff 8
Shackell 6
Mee 6
Arfield 8 :star:
Marney 6
Jones 6
Taylor 7
Ings 6
Jutkiewicz 7

Kightly 6
Barnes 6

thelifeofbrian
19-08-2014, 11:05 AM
heaton - 6

trippier - 6 did a sound job against hazzard

duff - 7 best of defenders

shackell - 7 a bit sloppy in possession but that was more down to the lack of options ahead of him

mee - 5 found it difficult

marney - 5 -coudent get inot the game

jones - 5 coudent get inot the game

taylor - 6 did ok

arfield - 8 great goal

ings - 6 some nice touches get into the game much

jutkiewicz - 6 battled hard,

subs:
changed nothing

Redbeard
19-08-2014, 11:20 AM
Heaton 6
Trippier 6
Duff 8
Shackell 6
Mee 6
Arfield 9 :star:
Marney 6
Jones 6
Taylor 6
Ings 6
Jutkiewicz 8

Kightly 6
Barnes 6

strayclaret
19-08-2014, 11:23 AM
Very impressed with that Chelsea team, just shows what money can buy. As a consequence so difficult to mark and thankfully we don't have to play them every week, our true test will be when we pitch our wits against the "smaller" outfits.

Heaton 6
Trippier 6
Mee 6
Duff 8 (not our weak link tonight )
Shackell 6
Taylor 6
Jones 6
Marney 6
Arfield 8
Ings 6
Juke 7

Pidgeon
19-08-2014, 11:31 AM
To be fair Chelsea eased off in the second half and we were lucky not to be playing with 10. Could have ended up much much worse. However, a couple of outstanding performances in our team.

Heaton 6 - could not do much about the goals
Trippier 5 - a long way from where he thinks he is
Duff 8 - easily our best defender
Shackell 5 - poor distribution
Mee 5 - struggled and lost his man lots
Arfield 10 - well done Scott
Marney 6 - ok ish
Jones 5 - don't think he touched the ball first half
Taylor 7 - some nice touches
Ings 5 - looked light weight
Juke 8 - impressed by this lad

Kightly 6
Barnes 6

NottsClaret
19-08-2014, 11:34 AM
Heaton 6

Trippier 6 - Started slowly in some games last year, this year you're 3 goals down by the time you get your bearings.

Duff 8 - The more out of his depth he should be, the better he gets.

Shackell 6 - Unusually twitchy.

Mee 6 - Bit dodgy on the ball.

Arfield 8 - Along with Duff, seemed to really believe he should be there. No fear, took them on and scored.

Marney 6

Jones 6

Taylor 6

Ings 6

Jutkiewicz 7 - Good Vokes replacement, big guy with some decent touches.

I enjoyed it. If we're 3-1 down to West Brom or QPR at half-time, I'd not enjoy it so much.

superdimitri
19-08-2014, 12:16 PM
Heaton 6 - Kicking poor and didn't cover his far post for Schurrle's goal. Doesn't matter about the quality of the goal. A goalkeepers aim should always be to position himself as best he can between the posts.

Tripier 6 - Did well, little defensive mistakes, decision making top notch.

Duff 8 - Solid.

Shackell 6 - Made a stupid mistake giving the ball away, ok otherwise.

Mee 4 - Positioning terrible, never positive going forward. Too nervous. for some reason didn't look up to the game, maybe he was ill.

Arfield 9 - Rose to a world beater. Will be in the Scotland squad in no time if he keeps performing this way. Excellent tracking back and cover and was even beating the defense at the other end. At one moment he came close to taking on two men at once.

Marney 5 - Didn't get any time to do anything with the ball. Didn't see him win the ball much either.

Jones 5 - Tried to do what he does and hold the ball, create space, but was hounded too often and failed. Needs to speed up.

Tayl

KowalskiClaret
19-08-2014, 12:18 PM
If watching on tele counts...

Heaton - 6
Tripps - 6
Shackell - 6
Duff - 7
Mee - 6
Jones - 6
Marney - 7
Arfied - 8
Taylor - 6
Ings - 6
Juke - 7

Barnes - 5
Kightly - 5
Sordell - 5

IanMcL
19-08-2014, 01:16 PM
Got home at 2.45am so matchsticks today!

Great atmosphere and a master class from Chelsea.

However, our lads did their utmost, as always.

There wwas a lot of nerves early on and some were overawed by the occasion. However, team endeavour and the opposition factor, dictates that no one gets below 6 for me, although I comment as appropriate.

Heaton 6 - Overawed and some poor decisions re kicking. Also, gave a pen away!
Trippier 6 Nerves early on and found about about class defference!
Mee 6 Caught out for speed and sloppy defending for Ivanisovic goal.
Duff 8 My MOM - magnificent display
Shackell 6 Outclassed and poor distribution
Taylor 6 Not the fitness of the others. Great ball for Arfield.
Jones 6 Outclassed and continually passed it back.
Marney 6 Outclassed
Arfield 8 Found the Prem to his liking! Great goal - almost two - and great overall performance.
Ings 6 Some flashes but lacked confidence
Juke 7 Mixed it with them and won some ball.

Well done the Clarets. Roll on Swa

Luppy
19-08-2014, 03:09 PM
Chelsea were outstanding, we won't play against this class of opposition every week

Heaton - 6 - picked the ball out of the net three times, nothing else to do

Trippier - 6 - started nervously but improved as game went on
Duff - 7 - really good performance
Shackell - 7 - some good stuff defensively
Mee - 6 - stuck at it even when outnumbered time and again. Poor for third goal

Taylor - 5 - assist aside, very disappointing
Marney - 7 - chased and harried start to finish
Jones - 5 - wanted too long on the ball too often. Stuck at it though
Airfield - 8* - great goal and very good game generally

Juke - 7 - held ball up well and linked up well
Ings - 6 - looked off the pace to me

Kightly - 5 - didn't look like he believed he could beat Ivanovic
Barnes - 6 - some nice touches
Sordell - not on long enough to mark I suspect but very harsh booking

bleedingClaret
19-08-2014, 03:31 PM
Heaton 7
Trippier 7
Mee 7
Duff 9
Shackell 7
Jones 7
Marney 7
Taylor 8
Arfield 9*
Ings 6
Jutz 8
--
Barnes 6
Sordell 6

bleedingClaret
19-08-2014, 03:33 PM
"Duff 8 - The more out of his depth he should be, the better he gets."

Notts Claret love that!

UTC

icl1
19-08-2014, 03:34 PM
Tremendous performance from Burnley against a side with some of the best players in the world; you can see why Chelsea are favourites for the Premiership.
None of our team had a below par game, but the performances from Duff and Arfield stood out. Who would have thought that players who cost so little (or nothing) could mix it so well with the superstars of Chelsea.

Heaton 6
Trippier 6
Mee 6
Duff 7
Shackell 6
Taylor 6
Jones 6
Marney 6
Arfield 8
Ings 6
Juke 7

Colburn_Claret
19-08-2014, 04:34 PM
Heaton 6 Look nervous, not sure if it was because of the opposition or our defence, poor kicking.

Trippier 6 Not the best of games but not bad, especially considering the opposition.

Duff 9 :star: I'd just like to say I told you so.:P Won everything in the air second half and his distibution was good. Knew when to find a man and when to find row Z. So many people don't

Shackell 6 Floundered under the pressure, but his distribution was poor.

Mee 6 Thought Ben did ok, I know there was so much space out left for Chelski, but not sure if that was part of the plan and Taylor should have been tracking back to fill in?

Taylor 6 Ok going forward, less so going back.

Arfield 9 outstanding from our Scott free.

Jones 6 played the first half exactly as I feared. Like a rabbit stuck in the headlights. To slow in possession, lost/drowning out of possession. Second half he transformed and did everything he should do and I thought he wasn't capable of. Closed down, moved the ball smartly and q

neild100
19-08-2014, 04:46 PM
Heaton 6 never commanded his area or defence
Trippier 6 struggled for pace but kept going forward
Mee 5 needs far more protection than Taylor offered
Duff 7 good performance
Shackell 6 difficult night but won his share
Taylor 6 works hard to get into his position but didn't do that much when he got there. Ok going forward.
Jones 7 excellent second half
Marney 5 off the pace all night
Arfield 8 sharp and positive
Ings 6 fluffed his lines from the free kick, some good touches
Juke 7 looking good

Kightly 6 should have started
Sordell 5

BHole
19-08-2014, 07:10 PM
Heaton 6
Trippier 6
Duff 9
Shackell 6
Mee 6
Arfield 9
Marney 5
Jones 5
Taylor 7
Ings 5
Jutkiewicz 8

Kightly 6
Barnes 6

Jase_H
19-08-2014, 07:20 PM
Heaton 6
Trippier 6
Mee 6
Duff 7
Shackell 6
Arfield *8*
Marney 6
Jones 6
Taylor 6
Ings 6
Jutkiewicz 7

Kightly 6
Barnes 6

ClaretMatt4
19-08-2014, 07:28 PM
Blown away. Nothing to be ashamed of, Chelsea would've beaten most teams in the world last night.

Heaton 6 - not convincing, poor distribution. Missed the foul/dive
Trippier 6 - quiet, didn't have enough space to get forward
Shackell 6 - Unconvincing
Duff 7 - Positioned himself well to help deal with pace of Chelsea's attack
Mee 6 - Slightly better than Tripps.
Arfield 8 - Only Burnley player who looked comfortable on the ball. Absolutely gutted that i missed the goal.
Marney 6 - needed to put himself about more early on.
Jones 6 - same as marney
Taylor 6 - barely noticed he was playing
Jutkiewicz 6 - on a hiding to nothing. Not a great touch.
Ings 5 - very poor. Did very little all game.

Kightly 6 - had a few moments in his cameo appearance.

Other subs didn't get enough time.

Gave them too much space and seemed awed by the occasion. Should've put in some tough challenges early on to let Chelsea know they were there. Very narrow defensive formation invited Shirley and co. onto the

RhodesyClaret
20-08-2014, 12:32 AM
Based on who we were playing and how difficult their role was...

Heaton - 7

Mee - 6
Shackell - 7
Duff - 7
Trippier - 7

Arfield - 8
Jones - 7
Marney - 7
Taylor - 6

Juke - 8
Ings - 6

the_quoon
20-08-2014, 08:17 AM
re heaton:

"didn't cover his far post for Schurrle's goal. Doesn't matter about the quality of the goal. A goalkeepers aim should always be to position himself as best he can between the posts."

hahahahahahaha

claretblue
20-08-2014, 08:34 AM
Heaton 6
Trippier 7
Mee 6
Duff 8
Shackell 7
Jones 6
Marney 6
Taylor 7
Arfield 9
Ings 7
Jutz 7
--
Barnes 6
Sordell 6

ClaretMani
20-08-2014, 07:39 PM
Heaton-6 Rush of blood for the "penalty" and lucky not to see red. Kicking was poor.
Trippier-6 Started nervously but grew into the game.
Duff-7 Best defender on the night by a country mile.
Shackell-6 Big occasion got to him.
Mee-5 Awful back pass that could have had disastrous consequences, pace of the game was too quick for him to handle.
Arfield-9 Superb performance capped with a brilliant goal and only a fantastic save prevented a 2nd goal.
Jones-6 Laboured against a quality midfield. Got into it more in 2nd half.
Marney-5 Couple of clumsy challenges and overall didn't get a chance to influence.
Taylor-7 Surprised me with his energy but ran out of steam. Some decent dead ball moments.
Ings-6 Looked disinterested at first but grew into the game. Won't have impressed the scouts thankfully.
Juke-6 Gave his all to no avail. Gives 100% but won't score a hatful in this league.

Barnes 5 - Limited game time to impress
Sordell 5 - Frustrated at his short time on the pitch culminating in a

superdimitri
21-08-2014, 12:36 AM
mee - 5 caught out a few times but he wasn't that bad - Not that bad Brian Easton would have played better :D :D :D :D

Chasey
21-08-2014, 05:36 AM
Heaton-6 seemed to be nervous and his Kicking was poor, shorts maybe too tight?!

Trippier-6 Started ok but missed his attacking play.

Duff-7 steady as a rock not sure where he and shacks were for the 3rd tho

Shackell-6 nervous tonight and it showed.

Mee-5 Awful back pass and got pulled infield too often.

Arfield-9 Superb performance

Jones-6 struggled to get foothold in the game

Marney-5 struggled tonight when we needed his influence.

Taylor- 5 not really involved apart from decent cross.

Ings- 5 nervous and panicked at times. Still needs to find his goal scoring form

Juke-6 Gave 100% but didn't offer a threat

Barnes 5 - didn't offer much

Sordell 5 - not on long enough

Kightly 4 terrible didn't have a clue what to do going forwards just ran into players and gave the ball away needlessly.

Defence ok but need cover, central midfield needs strengthening at this level as well as wide midfield as don't think Wallace and Kightly are going to worry too many defences.

claretphil
21-08-2014, 05:44 AM
Heaton 6

Trippier 5
Duff 8
Shackell 6
Mee6

Taylor 5
Marney 6
Jones 5
Arfield 8

Jutkiewicz 7