PDA

View Full Version : Trippier

PapaBendi
18-08-2014, 10:07 PM
I'm sorry lad but walk before you can run. Talk of England is very premature. Cut it in the Prem before even thinking of that. Some all over the shop defensive moments tonight.

shulgin
18-08-2014, 10:10 PM
Tripps will be right. He always seems to start slow first couple of games then finds his feet. Agree not at his best tonight but it is Chelsea and he will settle down. As should the team.

Bin_Ont_Turf
18-08-2014, 10:11 PM
I'm going to resist in calling you the official Clarets Mad word of 'bellend'.

I'm going to settle for 'wibble' instead.

rhinosleeds
18-08-2014, 10:11 PM
Bit harsh, seems to have been told to play higher up the field during pre-season, tonight he was forced back a lot more against a team that is probably in the best half dozen in the world..

I still think he didnt have that bad a game, Chelsea were frightening at times and came through it.

daveisaclaret
18-08-2014, 10:12 PM
Chelsea pulled 3 world class attacking players wide at times tonight. Agree Trippier's not really close to being a good enough defender to play international football, but think any of England's actual options would have been in just as much trouble against that.

Steve_Harpers_Perm
18-08-2014, 10:13 PM
Usual clarets mad bizarre post after a defeat!!!

Pieandapint
18-08-2014, 10:13 PM
Struggled tonight but he was up against world class players. Yes he has a lot to learn but he has a lot of potential too. Can't knock a lad for having some ambition and if anyone will come back better and stronger, it's Trippier.

warksclaret
18-08-2014, 10:17 PM
Always looking to put in the killer pass

PapaBendi
18-08-2014, 10:19 PM
I'm a big fan of Tripps. I just question the England chat before a Prem game has been played. That was the standard tonight and I am afraid he was nowhere near...

nil_desperandum
18-08-2014, 10:19 PM
I couldn't watch the game - even on the box. A friend of mine who was watching on SKY, and doesn't normally watch Burnley sent me a text.
He said Burnley gave a very good account of themselves but need "to replace the right back"!!!
An interesting observation from a total neutral. (I was very surprised to read it).

Jamb0MackemClaret
18-08-2014, 10:22 PM
Hazard is one of the best players in the world, little wonder Trippier wasn't at his best. But I'm still struggling to think of too many times Hazard got the better of him, he usually went inside and then nobody came to get him. I thought Trippier was probably the best of our defence tonight.

PapaBendi
18-08-2014, 10:24 PM
He got done time and again first half. Weak link. Second half is pointless to talk about..Chelsea were coasting. Some of his fwd play ok.

MDP1
18-08-2014, 10:25 PM
JFW.

Trippier has come up against Eden ****ing Hazard tonight. The best left winger in the Premier League.

If that's not enough, there's also Azpilicueta bombing forward.

With all due respect, this is not Yeovil, or Doncaster, but a team expected to get to the Champions League latter stages. It's a huge learning curve.

Stop being a belm, and take a moment to realise what you're posting next time.

TuftyBeamish
18-08-2014, 10:26 PM
I have to say, Papa, that I really can't see any point in picking KT up on this after our first game against one of the best teams in Europe. I don't know what you want to achieve by this?

Steve_Harpers_Perm
18-08-2014, 10:29 PM
Think Chelsea had done their homework on Trippier as well stopped him getting forward especially first half when I think he only got one cross in.. If he's aiming for England good on him not sure the need to criticise him tonight.

PapaBendi
18-08-2014, 10:31 PM
I'd like to keep the chat about playing well for Burnley in the Premier League. Not playing for England, which may or may not be a by product. Thats my point and I am entitled to it, ok.

TuftyBeamish
18-08-2014, 10:32 PM
Put you f *ckin' handbag away you big tart.

PapaBendi
18-08-2014, 10:35 PM
See above.

TuftyBeamish
18-08-2014, 10:36 PM
Even if he was reading this, I doubt he'd take a blind bit of notice of your ramblings.

PapaBendi
18-08-2014, 10:38 PM
Great to know that's the point of the message board.

Burgerfast
18-08-2014, 10:42 PM
Has someone hacked PB's account? Had him down on my list of sensible posters until now!

Swanson
18-08-2014, 10:47 PM
How do you get better? By playing the best teams in the league if not Europe.

To expect him to suddenly step up and play against some of the world's best with no experience at that level is quite frankly stupid.

You step up game by game, learning - that is the whole point. Trippier and the rest of the team haven't played against these sort of players, and the learning process means that you work on it as you play.

Judge Trippier and all our other players after some serious game time.

But aside from that he, just like the team, stood up as well as can be expected playing one of the best teams we will ever come up against.

bobinho
18-08-2014, 10:48 PM
"Agree Trippier's not really close to being a good enough defender to play international football"

And Glen Johnson is? Whats your point fella???

KT knocks this fella into a cocked hat, whether we play Chelsea or *******s.

Chelsea are world class. World class. They are going to be PL champions or runners up. They will make he ECL quarters or better. They beat us fairly and squarely tonite. But we don't have to worry bout Chelsea, we have to worry bout QPR, Leicester, Stoke, WBA, S`ton, etc...

Support. That's what we are. Lets do it eh?

Swanson
18-08-2014, 10:50 PM
Oh and Glen Johnson played crap against average International players and has been playing in the premier for years.

Means nothing, and you Papa are a tit.

PapaBendi
18-08-2014, 10:51 PM
If he makes the step up I will be one of the happiest Clarets around. I am a big fan. I just haven't understood the England chat. Tonight was an example of how you can get ripped apart at the drop of a hat. Walk before you run.

PapaBendi
18-08-2014, 10:53 PM
So much abuse for making an obvious point that needed making.

Swanson
18-08-2014, 10:53 PM
Glen Johnson gets ripped apart at the drop of a hat and he is 30+ with years of premier experience.

Trippier - one game against Chelsea and played just fine - not exposed at all like Johnson.

So yes, Trippier for England.

And no, it's not an obvious point that needs making, it's a small minded negative pile of crap that no supporter would make based on the past few years of watching Keiron Trippier.

gogogadgetlegs
18-08-2014, 10:56 PM
If players have no ambition then they may as well fk off now. Desire and determination is what makes good players, great players generally have something special from the start.

All the team (group) will have learned massively after tonight. Forget the fact that Chelsea were very good and we did well to keep it at 3.

If Tripps doesn't see better for himself then he can't possibly see better for Burnley. I hope he is dreaming of Champions League in a Burnley shirt.

PapaBendi
18-08-2014, 10:58 PM
Oke doke. I rather hoped England were aspiring to better which is kind of the point, I think, of Trippier's comments. Anyway, just a small thing. Last season Dyche wouldn't talk of promotion until it was done. Seems KT is being indulged here a little..

claretspice
18-08-2014, 10:59 PM
Started slowly, grew into the game.

Not sure Trips has been touting himself for England, so not really sure what the OP was getting at.

He benefitted from having Arfield closing down in front of him, but truth was that Chelsea's threat came from our left, or worse, straight through the middle - rarely from our right flank.

Swanson
18-08-2014, 11:00 PM
Before the game on Sky, Neville & Carragher both said that 14 assists from full back was amazing. They then went on to say that the best full back assists in the premier was 7.

They said if he gets anywhere near that 7 he will be a top player.

14 assists at the level he played at last season which is off the scale for a full back.

What about that makes you think he can't step up - clearly the "experts" think he can.

Akinbadbye_20
18-08-2014, 11:01 PM
'So much abuse for making an obvious point that needed making.'

Not an obvious point and didnt need making.

He started very nervously (he does this quite regularly and normally causes him to start hitting rushed long diagonal balls rather than taking the ball down and looking to play.
He was a bit to keen to win the ball and was rushing into challenges rashly, again because of nerves.

He began to settle late in the game and take a bit more time and care but was still wary of trying to beat a man.

Give him a few more games and he will be at his best again.

Original post is ridiculous, as if you have been waiting for the opportunity to get on Trippiers back all summer

Swanson
18-08-2014, 11:03 PM
PapaBendi, I don't think Trippier or Dyche has mentioned him for England - what are you talking about?

Trippier is just playing his first game in the premier league - nobody close to him has talked about England, so why are you making it out that he is touting himself for that when all he is doing is playing football and committing himself to Burnley.

The talk of England is from Burnley fans and local media (radio lancashire) - and that talk is mainly if he keeps on improving then he will be in with a shout.

Not him or Dyche. Don't get on his case.

PapaBendi
18-08-2014, 11:07 PM
Last post on the topic. My eyebrows were raised over the summer by the England comments. If you haven't seen them or heard them, do the research and have a look. I wish Trippier well for the season.

SNB
18-08-2014, 11:09 PM
Didn't think he had a particularly bad game. His defending improved noticeably last year and I'm sure will again this year. The right side of our defence isn't the worry.

Jamb0MackemClaret
18-08-2014, 11:10 PM
Laying into players for being ambitious enough to want to play for their country, absolute genius.

Pieandapint
18-08-2014, 11:11 PM
What is with this board and the slating if someone has a view that people don't agree with. Hardly a **** in surprise to find different views on a forum is it!? Is there really the need for the insults!?

PapaBendi
18-08-2014, 11:13 PM
Par for the course I'm afraid

LoveCurryPies
18-08-2014, 11:16 PM
One game played (and against one of the top 4) and a thread criticising one of our best young players. Get a grip people!

Swanson
18-08-2014, 11:20 PM
Pieandapint, because the view is from one game against the one of the best teams you will EVER play against and the player was one of the best in the whole of the championship last year.

It's ok to have an opinion, but it's also ok to say when that opinion is so far of being balanced that it will get hammered.

Free speech is fine, but spouting negative stuff based on one game is going to get a response.

It's the equivalent of me saying that Ings is better than Rooney and then being all defensive when people disagree with it.

Especially when the "walking before running" stuff is exactly what Trippier is doing - he just signed a new contract to play with us to learn his trade and not move on to a big club before he is ready.

TuftyBeamish
18-08-2014, 11:26 PM
I love it when people declare that it's their last post on a matter and then a few moments later post again.

permafrost
18-08-2014, 11:35 PM
If you watched the six-nil battering they gave Arsenal last season,
you'd think Arsenal had the ****tiest defence in the league.
the wheels came off.
how bad does that make them in comparison to tripper?
thought he was ok against one of europes best sides.

Pieandapint
18-08-2014, 11:41 PM
"Pieandapint, because the view is from one game against the one of the best teams you will EVER play against and the player was one of the best in the whole of the championship last year.

It's ok to have an opinion, but it's also ok to say when that opinion is so far of being balanced that it will get hammered.

Free speech is fine, but spouting negative stuff based on one game is going to get a response.

It's the equivalent of me saying that Ings is better than Rooney and then being all defensive when people disagree with it.

Especially when the "walking before running" stuff is exactly what Trippier is doing - he just signed a new contract to play with us to learn his trade and not move on to a big club before he is ready."

Agree with you just not sure there was the need to go down the insults route. The whole negative thing on this board is going too far. It's not negative to have a view as PB did with Trippier (I think Trippier did make some comment about an England place - goo

Swanson
18-08-2014, 11:41 PM
PapaBendi, why did you "like" the last post about Arsenal - isn't that the exact opposite from what you are saying and exactly what I have been saying.

Swanson
18-08-2014, 11:50 PM
Pieandapint, it's a fair point.

But for a Burnley fan to post a negative about a player that was voted the best full back in the championship means that the negative is too excessive.

If we can't support a player that is clearly rated the best in his position in his league and signs a new contract which means he isn't a "big time charlie" then what do we have.

Just negative, nasty, and comments that if you said them to his face would be flat out disrespectful.

Yes he wasn't world class, but he wasn't League One. A balance view is that he grew into the game against the best team in the country - not bad for starters.

Glen Johnson has had shockers against crap teams - so why be so negative to one of our best players.

I am saying it is done for effect and attention.

"Look at me with my controversial comments. I only say things that spark controversy - I don't just engage in normal discussion."

CC_Claret
19-08-2014, 12:07 AM
He did okay tonight against an outstanding winger. He's undoubtedly one of our best players and would make the first XI in a sizeable percentage of PL teams. Fabregas was the difference for them tonight, only a handful of players in world football would have been able to pick and weight the pass for Chelsea's second goal.

domkj
19-08-2014, 07:56 AM
To pick Trippier out is bizarre. First two goals came down the left hand side. 3rd goal was corner conceded I think when Trippier made a challenge to stop an attack. Not his fault Mee didn't go with Ivanovic from the resulting ball in.

Trippier will be our stand out player this season, has what it takes to make it in the Premier League and by far and away the best RB I've ever seen us have.

minniemouth
19-08-2014, 08:44 AM
I don't give a flying **** if he plays for England as long as he stays a Claret but would somebody please tell them SKY knobs he's a Lancashire lad and it's Tripp-ee-er and not Tripp-ee-ay like he's French.

thelifeofbrian
19-08-2014, 09:33 AM
he did ok last night- cant believe hes being judged after one game...

jt_claret
19-08-2014, 09:41 AM
Wow, just, wow.

So the lad who pundits are calling the one to watch, with ambitions of England had a nervous start against a world class side, best have a pop then.

Trips seem to grow into the game, and if I'm honest, despite playing against Hazard and Azpilicueta, I don't remember much trouble down that side. He and Arfield down the right hand side look more than capable of holding their own in this league.

the_quoon
19-08-2014, 10:06 AM
i think it was daveisaclaret who commented yesterday on how precious this messageboard has become.

thedonz
19-08-2014, 10:44 AM
Maybe that's because some people are fed up reading the same old pretentious stuff from the same old posters. Hope you joined in the holding up of the cards Quoon as you came over as quite precious yourself yesterday morning over the idea

rhinosleeds
19-08-2014, 11:16 AM
The Trippier is French, local ex MP Sir David Trippier pronounces it that way, Trip ee air..

Anyhow that's far from the point, i think Mee is the one that could be under the most pressure to retain his position from Ward tbh

Once you take in the fact that it could easily have been given as a penalty from the back pass Mee presented to Costa, the fact that he didnt run with his marker Ivanovic in the box who headed in, and the fact that the Schurrle goal came down the left hand side should take the spotlight off Trippier some what at least.

See how Mee does over the next half dozen games but you can see why Ward was signed.

the_quoon
19-08-2014, 11:28 AM
not sure papabendi writes pretentious stuff on here frequently thedonz so you don't really have a point.

as for me being precious, it was the people kicking off about alleged moaning who were being precious.

PRO TIP: if you're going to enter into a discussion, you'll find it helps to understand whats going on first.

thedonz
19-08-2014, 11:32 AM
Ha pro tip
But like last season Quoon when you tried to put yourself up as an enlightened one

the_quoon
19-08-2014, 11:41 AM
i'd never ever put myself up as an "enlightened one" but i believe in my opinions.

here's a thought.. perhaps if people, such as your good self, actually bothered to contribute something to the discussion rather than attempt to keep sniping away at people who you seem to think post a lot, this messageboard might be more to your liking.

your opinion is as valid as mine or anyone else's on here. why not share it? otherwise you make yourself about as relevant as that leeds fan who keeps posting for unfathomable reasons.

come on in pal, the water's pleasant.

thedonz
19-08-2014, 11:49 AM
Obviously I have rattled you

the_quoon
19-08-2014, 11:50 AM
nope, not at all, i couldn't give a toss.

its you who's following me round on here moaning.

feel free to carry on.

thedonz
19-08-2014, 12:00 PM
You will find I do contribute to discussions at times on this board and start threads from time to time. I look forward to debating with you but you will find I don't put myself up as someone special like you Mr Pro tip enlightened one nor do I pick on easy targets.

the_quoon
19-08-2014, 12:05 PM
glad to hear it. there's only room around here for one poster as brilliant as me.

ColdPieWarmBeer
19-08-2014, 12:10 PM
For Tripps, Mee, Arfield, Ings and Juke, this was their first ever proper, points on the line league match at this level, and it literally doesn't get any higher or tougher than Chelsea under Mourinho. We're talking about the best defence in the entire country last season and some of the best attacking players in the world. It was a massive learning curve but it's only fair to keep a sense of perspective when talking about their performances. Like has been said, they did grow into the game. Ings and Tripps in particular, by the end of the night, were releasing the ball quicker and more confidently after learning fairly sharpish that they aren't given anywhere near the same amount of space or time as they'd get against, say, Bolton or Barnsley. We started playing some decent one/two touch stuff. The mistakes Shacks and Marney made by pondering on the ball will send a rocket up your arse when Schurrle ends running through on goal as a result, and you don't make those mistake again.

Prob

KowalskiClaret
19-08-2014, 12:13 PM
Tripps will do just fine this year. Stick with him. He's sticking with us. We'll all be happy ;D

thedonz
19-08-2014, 12:40 PM
Trippier like most of our young players last night would have been trying hard to keep composed before the game. This was their first game at the Top domestic level and against a great side.

After our goal Chelsea were simply unplayable and it is a credit to Trippier and the rest that they came out in the second half and showed more composure.
I feel the likes of Trippier and Mee are quick learners with an exemplary attitude and desire to improve. I am confident that with a manager like Dyche behind them they will.
Duff and Taylor demonstrated last night how experience helps greatly with composure and many players don't make it because despite having great footballing skills they lack the necessary composure.
I have no doubts Trippier will settle in and be a key player especially against the weaker teams at this level.
What about Scotty Arfield ? Not sure how old he is but think he is still quite young. What composure, he could be special for us this year.

fungus_the_bogeyman
19-08-2014, 03:22 PM
Tripps will be absolutely fine when he adapts to this level. It's an extremely tough role to play where he's asked to bomb forward, be our most creative outlet, and also stop them creating anything down his side. Got caught out a few times, as any defender would do against Chelsea's technical excellence. I thought his confidence grew as the game went along, though, and will only continue to do so as the season progresses.

The Bedlington Terrier
19-08-2014, 03:42 PM
I have mentioned many times previously how highly I rate Trips. However, last night for the first twenty minutes I thought he looked like a rabbit caught in a car's headlights. Heaton pretty much the same but they will adapt, because cream always rises to the top. Hazard and Fabregas quality cannot be found in the Championship. Let the lads settle, this is a quantum leap but we will make it!