PDA

View Full Version : Seems like it's Bristol City...

sawmiller
20-08-2014, 07:05 PM
...how disappointing if true...

see link - view external link (http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11095/9431602/transfer-news-bristol-city-move-for-kieran-agard)

djsld
20-08-2014, 08:01 PM
Link from BCFC team talk but...Will they pay the wages he is asking?

If so,
Good luck to the lad if he goes, he's done a great job for us for which I am grateful

I'm sure SE will not stand still with a million quid at his disposal. - view external link (http://www.teamtalk.com/bristol-city/9431602/-?)

calumwhite
20-08-2014, 08:08 PM
Big shame. Shame we're going to lose him and a shame he wants to drop down a division. Personally hope they don't get promotion.
The figure won't be a million sounds like its a 6 figure bid so I would say no more than 600k and that's including add ons etc.

Redshank
20-08-2014, 08:18 PM
Aye, it's a shame on so many levels, particularly as we may never see him fulfil his potential. Agard was going nowhere until SE got him firmly back on track and nurtured him into the player he is today. Who's to say his career won't hit another rocky patch at some point? Will the same man-management skills be there to help him through it next time?

Anyway, if the move happens, good luck lad and thanks for the memories... ...and the £1m+:)

riccallmiller
20-08-2014, 11:00 PM
Dont blame him for going, he will score in div1. I dont think he would have scored many at this level. good luck to him, he did very well for us.

martinthemiller1968
21-08-2014, 07:15 AM
Just Glad its been settled now. Good luck to him hope he does well for them.

TMiller
21-08-2014, 07:19 AM
we are going to miss him big style. this is massive :blue:

vespabri
21-08-2014, 07:49 AM
Out of the teams that were rumoured, i was hoping he"d go to Bristol City..as ive backed them!!

Players come and go..gonna be gutted if Pringle goes to Hull but we"d better get used to it...and replace them with QUALITY!

martinthemiller1968
21-08-2014, 08:32 AM
anyone know how much he went for

rolymiller
21-08-2014, 08:43 AM
Whoooooaaa hold yer hosses he aint gone yet. Brizzie fans saying bid of 750k accepted by us.

millermanic
21-08-2014, 08:53 AM
Its a bit sad when a Championship club can't compete with a League one club….

ida
21-08-2014, 08:56 AM
bound to feck it up if hes talking - view external link (https://twitter.com/hashtag/BristolCity?src=hash)

gramiller1959
21-08-2014, 09:01 AM
Whoooooaaa hold yer hosses he aint gone yet. Brizzie fans saying bid of 750k accepted by us.

that might be right, we supposedly wanted 800k plus add ons .. ie 1million .. so that could be it .

tony260674
21-08-2014, 09:13 AM
Now on BBC football website that he is in talks with them.

SaxonMiller
21-08-2014, 09:21 AM
Officially signed - undisclosed fee - on their website.

crookadile
21-08-2014, 09:26 AM
@paulm_davis: Kieran Agard signs three-year deal with Bristol City. #rufc #bcfc

millertop
21-08-2014, 09:31 AM
Very disappointed tbh, but we do generally say this when someone leaves.

Thank you very much Agard for what you have done for us and I wish you the best of luck.

Now we need to find the best partnership and get them goals

Rothbiz
21-08-2014, 09:32 AM
I wouldn't want to keep a player that doesn't want to play for the club but wouldn't it be worth a lot more to the club if he helped to keep us in the Championship even if he then left on a free?

millertop
21-08-2014, 09:42 AM
I wouldn't want to keep a player that doesn't want to play for the club but wouldn't it be worth a lot more to the club if he helped to keep us in the Championship even if he then left on a free?

We don't know the whole story.

Johno2012
21-08-2014, 09:45 AM
Steve Cotterill on Twitter via Bristol City's real account

"Keiron fits into our wage structure and could have signed for a Championship club for more money"

Says it all for me, lack of ambition and belief in his own ability! Very Sad

millertop
21-08-2014, 09:48 AM
I can't believe how many of our fans are actually morons, slating Agard on Twitter.

Seriously who got our goals and was you salting him then.

Call yourselves fans, next joke.

>:(

Rothbiz
21-08-2014, 09:57 AM
We don't know the whole story.

We rarely do but we always like to have our say!

Rotten apples and bombs in the camp are what we get told about.

The Championship has lost out on seeing an exciting attacking player for a while that's for sure.

merseymiller
21-08-2014, 10:01 AM
To me Agard is everything that's wrong with today's footballer. He's not worried about proving anything, he's getting more money and doesn't give a toss where he's at...I honestly think he's gone because he's scared at being a failure in a tough league. He's not on the team sheet every week and doesn't want to try, chose an easy option to drop down a league. Evans demands players to want to achieve, Kieran absolutely no desire to achieve, cheers Agard for the past two seasons. Not bothered in the slightest that he's gone...

TMiller
21-08-2014, 10:02 AM
the picture on the official website of agard has taylor in the background

fivetide
21-08-2014, 10:29 AM
He's young enough to give it another go in the Championship and still look for a move upwards. Bit strange he's dropped down though, I'd have thought Leeds would have easily beaten Bristol.

Decent money for us though and while I think his goals might have been worth more to us this season (as Rothbiz said) I don't think that counts if he doesn't want to score them. The Watford match could have done with his ability to just nick a goal in the box though so he needs to be replaced.

Thanks for the goals lad.

Rothbiz
21-08-2014, 10:31 AM
"Just under £1million for Agard, which I believe takes it to club-record territory?" - view external link (twitter.com/jonathandveal83)

Amanda_Hugg_n_Kiss
21-08-2014, 10:33 AM
All makes sense with what I heard. I would have thought that Leeds would have offered him more than Bristol. Turning down more money, that's greed for you. :/

I heard he wanted to stay, but our club wouldn't offer him much more than he was already on (which is not much) and that Bowery and Derbyshire are on really good wages and ATM Id say their both not fit to lace his boots. He would have signed for less than half of what their on. If that's the case Id have done exactly the same thing especially if the move meant being closer to my family.

My point is that this is just as likely as all the other assumptions being thrown around, but folk will continue to slag him off without knowing all the in and outs. :/

For me he is a massive loss and he'd have been good enough to get us the goals and also considering he has hardly been injured in his time here. No point in getting the mards on over it now (babyish mentality of some fans again :/), let's hope we get the signings in we need an

clarkey1974
21-08-2014, 10:56 AM
People may forget he didn't want to sign for us at first,after his trial,until he did a turn and signed.so to be honest i awlays felt that something could happen like this,but players come and players go it's football.!.

But the stark line in this is we signed him on a free transfer and sold him for people are saying just under a million pound,which in any situation,buisness or football is an healthy profit,plus the fact of where his goals and contributions have took us too.particularly taking into account the fact that club and himself were quite ready to let him run down his contract and leave for nothing.!.

Plus also it has done what evans has said he would do,sign a player on a free or small fee and sell them for a million,which exactly what he has done,he has made him into a saleable asset.!.which can be re-invested.!.

Rothbiz
21-08-2014, 11:16 AM
SE complimentary of Agard's attitude but told Rob Staton: "Keiran's representatives made it clear the day after Wembley that they wouldn't be entertaining the idea of signing a new contract.

"If you don't want to play for Rotherham United, get on the train and go." - view external link (audioboo.fm/boos/2411410-interview-rotherham-utd-boss-steve-evans-on-kieran-agard-s-move-to-bristol-city-pre-millwall)

DK_NY
21-08-2014, 11:30 AM
It's almost a year since we were on this message board discussing the fact that our top scorer who was instrumental in getting us promoted had been allowed to go to a team in the league below us and we were worried how we'd replace his goals...

calumwhite
21-08-2014, 11:36 AM
Glad the saga is finally over.
If he wants to join a club to play Fleetwood, Crawley, Chesterfield, Gillingham and Rochdale etc. week in week out then see ya later.
My favourite player last season and without him and the 26 goals we wouldn't have been promoted but to drop down a league shows a lack of ambition and that doesn't fit in to the RUFC mould.

Ericsladkilnhurst
21-08-2014, 11:46 AM
Agard came & did a good job for us, always liked him, Bristol came in with a good offer,with which his agent will have set up a good wage contact, Agard knows he can score goals in division 1, where has the championship is a different kettle of fish.
Why some transfer amounts are kept secret is beyond me, the fee should be disclosed.
He would not want to go to Leeds, it meant him washing his own kit, & putting his own snap up for the training sessions.

brassgnat
21-08-2014, 11:47 AM
To be honest, If he had to go, it would be better to be as soon as possible, than the thing dragging out. But now we need a 20 goal a season striker, because we haven't one at the moment.

shshsh22
21-08-2014, 11:55 AM
Glad the saga is finally over.
If he wants to join a club to play Fleetwood, Crawley, Chesterfield, Gillingham and Rochdale etc. week in week out then see ya later.
My favourite player last season and without him and the 26 goals we wouldn't have been promoted but to drop down a league shows a lack of ambition and that doesn't fit in to the RUFC mould.

Would imagine its very likely he will be playing in the championship next season.He might argue its our lack of ambitious signings,that made his decision.Hope he recovers from his dead leg.

fivetide
21-08-2014, 12:01 PM
Would imagine its very likely he will be playing in the championship next season.He might argue its our lack of ambitious signings,that made his decision.Hope he recovers from his dead leg.

spot on. He's joined a team favourites to go up.

They are also able to slap 950k on the table in league one where we couldn't find 800k in the championship.

If we stay up then I am sure we'll see him next season. He has signed a three year deal so looking longer term.

Amanda_Hugg_n_Kiss
21-08-2014, 12:11 PM
Lack of ambition PMSL. XD XD

What about Frecklington who could have stayed in the Championship at the time and fought for his place and the others who could have signed for higher league clubs, did they all lack ambition or does that not apply when players sign for us??

RedAnt
21-08-2014, 12:15 PM
To be honest, If he had to go, it would be better to be as soon as possible, than the thing dragging out. But now we need a 20 goal a season striker, because we haven't one at the moment.

Agard was good for us, but a Championship 20 goal striker, he is not. I would imagine the search for that striker has been going on for a long time.

shshsh22
21-08-2014, 12:17 PM
Dont think Frecklington was in the first team when we signed him.Were any of our signings?

mygiddypant
21-08-2014, 04:35 PM
Don't kid yourselves that it was a million, or near. Although factor in his wages and you're close.
Could be the bargain of the season.

Common Sense
21-08-2014, 04:49 PM
The fee upfront is less than £1m. There's also cash installments which are timed and NOT based upon performance/appearances, those bring the total figure to just less than £1m. Plus a moderate sell on clause.

Exact figures can not be published, so don't ask.

Too many people typing opinions without knowing the facts, as always people presume the truth is half way between what others type and post that as their own opinion. Now you no longer need to.

great_fire
21-08-2014, 05:26 PM
LOL at the photo they chose to illustrate Agard leaving on the OS, Agard and his replacement!

Is someone having a dig? - view external link (http://www.themillers.co.uk/news/article/kieran-joins-bristol-city-1849900.aspx)

kempo
21-08-2014, 05:31 PM
Common sense's figures fit in with what Evans is saying on RS so are probably accurate enough.

Evans says he is very surprised that KA turned down Leeds for Bristol.

He also says that Agard's representatives made it clear that he would not sign a contract with us and wanted away.

My own view is that this is a great deal for us.

KA has been fantastic for us but I think that the Championship would have been a step too far for him...Maybe he felt the same!

Some decent money now for Steve to use.

tivoliman415783
21-08-2014, 06:02 PM
i do think we will miss him but i don't think he will score the goals he got last season.

he got 21 league goals which included 5 penalties and he massively benefited from having by far the best right back in league 1 (Tavs) playing behind him. Tavernier was like having 2 players for 1. He was able to play right back and right wing at the same time. As soon as we started to attack Agard could afford to put him self right in the middle of the box leaving Tavernier to do all the work out wide. It worked an absoloute treat!

I will be surprised if Baldock lets him take over penalty duty and i think bristol have Mark Little as right back who is not a patch on Tavernier so it will be interesting to see how he gets on. On the other hand, bristol will smash some teams this season and are favourites for promotion so will be attacking quite a lot.

good move all round. good signing for them. good move for agard in that he has increased his pay (although back playing a lower level of football)

ExeterMiller
21-08-2014, 07:04 PM
the picture on the official website of agard has taylor in the background

I noticed that - someone really dug through the archives to get that!

Or is it subliminal messaging ;D

sawmiller
21-08-2014, 07:07 PM
I am curious as to why Kieran didn't want to stay with us, given the momentum of the club with two successive promotions and the prospect of Championship football? Was this purely due to our wage limits? I am glad we are not heading for financial trouble, though this may be the price we have to pay for it. If we can stay at this level for a few seasons and maintain financial prudence, then it will send a message to the many in heavy debt that it is possible to do it.

CTMilller
21-08-2014, 09:18 PM
Taking away all sentiment. This is good business for us and is probably a prudent move for Agard.

We are getting good money for somebody who has only a year left on his contract and who wants out. If we kept him he would still want out in 12 months anyway so we would only be "owning" him temporarily in any event.

He may not be ready for this league yet so his value to us for a few months could be questionable. At BC he will have an opportunity - he's still young - to hone his predatory skills even further before moving on to a higher league. I would suggest this is behind his thinking in accepting a drop to a lower league rather than easy money or wanting to shine against easier opposition as has been implied by others.

Good luck, Kieren. We've all done well out of your time at the Millers.

What a good advertisement for Steve Evan's ability to bring players on...