PDA

View Full Version : talksport rumours

Derbymiller
21-08-2014, 07:09 AM
just heard on talksport they mentioned someone was interested in pringle for 2.5m, missed the team they said

martinthemiller1968
21-08-2014, 07:12 AM
Its Hull to replace snodgrass who going to be out for a while by the sounds of it

Nedstarks_son
21-08-2014, 07:16 AM
Hull City

Derbymiller
21-08-2014, 07:22 AM
I love pringle think he is a great player, but 32.5m we should sell and do it quickly and reinvest immediately in a goal scorer

martinthemiller1968
21-08-2014, 07:31 AM
Take it the pound sign not working again. Like to see the deal include bringing stephen quinn back to Rotherham as part of the deal.

Derbymiller
21-08-2014, 07:50 AM
oh yes sorry I missed the pound sign off 2.5m

Tophams_Excelsior
21-08-2014, 07:54 AM
There's a story/rumour in The Sun (below) - view external link (http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/football/5843207/Pringle-can-be-a-Prem-jumper.html)

vespabri
21-08-2014, 08:00 AM
Are you watching Andy Scott...ARE YOU WATCHING ANDY SCOTT??

Derbymiller
21-08-2014, 08:13 AM
being we seems to have gone from 1m for agard to 600k which before wasn't enough, I am sure douglas can move it from 2.5m to 1m lol

rolymiller
21-08-2014, 08:23 AM
SY Times says Stevie reckons we are close to signing 2 or 3 players. I reckon we will need 4 and possibly more if Prings? Ags go. We need another right back at least as cover, a forward irrespective of agard going, somebody to replace Green if he is knacked and the full time signature of Smallwood. If Prings goes I think we will probably be ok though with the new lad who did well on the left side of midfield.

The 32.5m would be very nice for Pringle though Derbymiller ;-)

See link for sytimes - view external link (http://www.southyorkshiretimes.co.uk/sport/local-sport/rotherham-united-millers-close-to-new-signings-1-6796643)

ida
21-08-2014, 08:24 AM
very mixed feelings even if we sold at 2.5million.

He is a unique talent and one I enjoy watching every game. His left Foot and neat interchanges are a joy at times.

However, I also realise we cant fend off bigger clubs and its not like we dont need to invest in other parts of the team.

Oh Dear! Parting is such sweet sorrow.

Tophams_Excelsior
21-08-2014, 08:30 AM
Well it'd be one in the eye for those who say he's not Championship standard :P

bigburns
21-08-2014, 08:40 AM
I wouldn't read to much into this, talksport aren't exactly reliable.

Actually I'm amazed they managed to stop talking about Arsenal long enough to mention it

Heman
21-08-2014, 08:41 AM
I have ALWAYS recognised his talent and his limitations. Andy Scott said he was 7 a side player and now Andy Scott is nowhere.

His strength is that he is a very good attacking footballer with not much in the way of pace but he overcomes that.

His limitations are that he is not very good at defending. Given that we are now in the Championship and will be doing a hell of a lot more defending he may actually be a square peg in a round hole.

Early doors. If he stays - great - but if we get offered 2.5m from Hull he should, and we should take it.

martinthemiller1968
21-08-2014, 08:44 AM
In a few papers this morning as well burns. Dont think Rotherham could turn that sort of money down though.

millyTHEmiller
21-08-2014, 08:52 AM
pringle is at best a championship player, a good passer of the ball and has a superb delivery, he isnt nowhere near premier league standard though. he has no pace and will soon get found out. cannot turn that sort of money down but to be honest i find it laughable that a premier league side would even start to think that pringle could improve their side. crazier things have happened but i cant see it happening

royalfunkness
21-08-2014, 09:07 AM
SY Times says Stevie reckons we are close to signing 2 or 3 players. I reckon we will need 4 and possibly more if Prings? Ags go. We need another right back at least as cover, a forward irrespective of agard going, somebody to replace Green if he is knacked and the full time signature of Smallwood. If Prings goes I think we will probably be ok though with the new lad who did well on the left side of midfield.

The 32.5m would be very nice for Pringle though Derbymiller ;-)

See link for sytimes

Not sure that we need another right back. In my eyes we have 4 players who can play that role in Richardson, Brindley, Bradley and Broadfoot. Spending money on another rb would be an absolute waste

leedsmiller
21-08-2014, 09:10 AM
If true Pringle must grasp the chance to play in the Premier League which has to be every player's ambition, his opportunity might never come again. Then, at the end of his career, he can say my second best achievement as a footballer was playing at the top level (but the Wembley win with the Millers was the undoubted highlight). As for us, it's a no-brainer, if we're offered 2.5m - and 1+m for Agard - we should take the money and spend it wisely in helping to construct a solid Championship team (accepting that the money won't go very far these days). Evans has said we'll only sell if the offer matches our valuation, now's the time to find out...

riccallmiller
21-08-2014, 09:24 AM
Hull city have gone in for jordan rhodes at Blackburn. I can,t believe they would come in at 2.5 million but if its true we need to take it. I rate pringle very highly but its a good million more than i thought we would get for him. i cant help thinking we have been a bit hasty with some of our signings this far and have at least 3 or 4 players on the wage bill that will not feature.
if we do get money for agard and pringle we need 2 quality players not 5 squad buys that wont improve us.

RedAnt
21-08-2014, 09:27 AM
The fact that we will have money in the bank to buy decent players, won't alter the fact that the best of those type of players will still be outside our wage budget.

We need to either sign unfancied L1 players who can step up, or un-tested Premiership youngsters and develop them, while still competing to stay in the division.

DavidR__9
21-08-2014, 09:37 AM
I can see a Premier League side taking a gamble on a player who might make it at that level and, in the mad world of today, 2.5m is nothing.

I can't, in truth, see Pringle being an immediate participant in Hull's squad/team though. He's not completely found his feet in the Championship yet. He's also very one footed (though what a foot!) and although some players (Glen Johnson for example) can get away with that, it's the sort of thing I imagine scouts wave red flags about. Premier League teams tend to look for more athletic, taller, stronger units as a default, too.

So, I'd be surprised if this move happened.

On a related note, how would everyone compare Pringle to Quinn (who's floated near but not in the first team there)? Overall, I'd say Quinn had slightly more to his game (two-footed, better in the tackle, bit better at carrying the ball), but Pringle's passing and vision is greater. But the standard is similar - which makes me thing it's unlikely that he's the answer that Hul

fivetide
21-08-2014, 10:20 AM
Quite right David - What a foot and more importantly, what a left foot. That makes him a much rarer commodity.

2.5m is peanuts these days, he's young enough to make a real go of it though.

The big issue is getting the new artwork costs for the front of the stadium written into any deal.

I like how when big money comes in it is all "the club is getting a good price, ship him out" but when a player presses the move "there is no loyalty in football/he's a money grabber"

botty
21-08-2014, 12:01 PM
Pringle tweeted 'If the club wanted him to stay, they would of made that happen. Just remember that' about Agard. Does that indicate that the club don't want Pringle to stay?

Ericsladkilnhurst
21-08-2014, 12:28 PM
If Hull come in with 2.5m Rotherham should snap their hand off, Pringle will want to play in a higher league, what player wouldn't.
Has said Hull also looking at Blackburn's Rhodes, but will command a hefty fee.

Shawshank
21-08-2014, 12:37 PM
BBC Lancashire [!]8207;@BBCLancashire
Hull City's bid for Blackburn striker Jordan Rhodes has been passed to the clubs owners The Rao family.

Looks like they're in for Rhodes anyway...