PDA

View Full Version : You have a million quid

shshsh22
22-08-2014, 04:32 AM
but you cant buy an established championship player,as their wages dont fit.You cant buy a reserve premier player,for the same reason

What to do?When you were were coming up the leagues,other peoples cast offs were accessible,thats no longer an option,if you want to sustain growth

Just read that lad from Morecambe we were after a couple of seasons ago,just turned down Peterborough,worth a shout.?

caytonmiller
22-08-2014, 04:56 AM
stick the cash in the bank and use the lan market.
theres players like wilson at man u, sinclair at liverpool or armstrong at newcastle who are young and need bringing on. or if ts experience 33 year old taylor fletcher from Leicester. not going to get game time there...

we will be ok

djsld
22-08-2014, 05:19 AM
The one thing we are doing right is running a business. Paying stupid wages to greedy players has been the downfall of many a club.

How many clubs in this league are making profit or on an even keel? Can you any ( apart from the millers)

The dark days are not too far behind us and I for one would like to stay well away thank you very much.

TS has done a wonderful job and so has SE, but no way would I jeopardise what we have for the sake of bringing in players with an over inflated ego to match his grossly overpaid pay packet.

I would like a team who want to be here to play football and fight for each other for the full 90 minutes.
The rest will take care of itself .
In SE we trust .. UTM

shshsh22
22-08-2014, 06:11 AM
What is your preferred league?

sota
22-08-2014, 06:16 AM
The Championship (or Division Two in old money) is my favourite league in the world.

djsld
22-08-2014, 06:20 AM
What is your preferred league?

In what context exactly? That is such a wide question.

sota
22-08-2014, 06:32 AM
I'd narrow it down to The Flying Horse in Weatherfield League Two, so I would.

djsld
22-08-2014, 07:00 AM
I'd narrow it down to The Flying Horse in Weatherfield League Two, so I would.

:D :D very good Sota

gazisamiller
22-08-2014, 08:08 AM
Lets face it, we aren't going to compete with other clubs in this league for established players who are both available and will be good additions.

I know its a risk, but I think its worth a gamble on a young talent from a lower league and one that we may be able to sell on for a profit should they come good.

Wage demands will be lower, transfer fees possibly but more importantly, they would jump at the chance of joining a Championship side (unless theyre Kieren Agard).

Dwight Gayle and Jamie Vardy are recent exmaples of players that have stepped up. Lee Gregory, Scott Hogan and Andre Gray are three that Championship sides have taken a punt on this season so we'll see how they go.

I can't help but think that taking a punt and finding a hidden gem is the only way we are going to find the player that will make the difference without commanding massive wages

bigburns
22-08-2014, 08:13 AM
Agree, Reading did it with Le Fondre

vespabri
22-08-2014, 07:46 PM
The Championship (or Division Two in old money) is my favourite league in the world. Mine too pal...along with the Bundesliga.

Jamesjd101
22-08-2014, 11:18 PM
Id try the loan market to get young talent such as the likes of Bamford, if a player can help towards a successful season whether we own them or not its worth while and less of a risk, downside is that teams can steal them such as Wolves

CAMiller
22-08-2014, 11:30 PM
How did you know?

shshsh22
23-08-2014, 05:28 AM
The avatar gave it away,youre obviously very well connected,and mix with all the toffs.