PDA

View Full Version : Tavs back on loan?

riccallmiller
22-08-2014, 10:02 AM
Can we get him back on Loan, he,s not even on the bench at Wigan?

royalfunkness
22-08-2014, 10:13 AM
We already have 3/4 right backs at the club. He'd have to operate on the wing if that was the case.

There's Brindley, Broadfoot, Bradley and Richardson. How many full backs do we need???

tony260674
22-08-2014, 10:15 AM
We already have 3/4 right backs at the club. He'd have to operate on the wing if that was the case.

There's Brindley, Broadfoot, Bradley and Richardson. How many full backs do we need???

Well Broadfoot is a centre half, Richardson and Bradley are injured and Evans obviously doesn't have full faith in Brindley in the championship. How many midfielders do we have?? But Evans keeps buying more. Wordsworth is another.

TMiller
22-08-2014, 10:16 AM
it won't happen for a long while yet if it is possible. but we would have to clear most of them out and i'd do it to be honest cos we miss him badly

clarkey1974
22-08-2014, 10:17 AM

Well Broadfoot is a centre half, Richardson and Bradley are injured and Evans obviously doesn't have full faith in Brindley in the championship. How many midfielders do we have?? But Evans keeps buying more. Wordsworth is another.[/quote]

And unless wigan are more than helpful with the wages then he won't becoming it's been made quite clear by the manager.!.

PeteWaller
22-08-2014, 10:18 AM
As long as Tavs is on the bench there will be a real chance of us getting him back. He won't like not playing again. He had enough of that at Newc

royalfunkness
22-08-2014, 10:19 AM
I just see it is a pointless signing. That ship has sailed. He chose Wigan and we got other lads in.

We don't have an endless pot of money, having 5 options at right back seems ridiculous to me

millertop
22-08-2014, 10:29 AM
Tavs was great at going forward but his defending wasn't great tbh, don't need him

wickersley__miller
22-08-2014, 10:35 AM
Tavs was great at going forward but his defending wasn't great tbh, don't need him

Yes we do. He'd be our best right winger if we signed him.

jebu
22-08-2014, 11:32 AM
I can't believe what I read sometimes on this forum. We have Broadfoot at right back and yet some of you think we don't need Tavernier if he was available? Is that a wind up?

Tavs would walk into our team as first choice right back every game. He would be Evans first on the teamsheet.

deMiller
22-08-2014, 02:44 PM
Tavs is too attackive.
We really pressed and attacked teams in league 2 and 1 because we were up there with the best. We were the big fish in a little pond.
Now we are a goldfish in the sea. We need to defend a lot more and Tavs, although was good going forward, wasn't great defending and left us exposed.
The third goal we conceded at home to Wolves in League 1 was due to Tavs been high up the pitch and they attacked straight down our right and scored, just as an example.

Shawshank
22-08-2014, 02:47 PM
Tavs is too attackive.
We really pressed and attacked teams in league 2 and 1 because we were up there with the best. We were the big fish in a little pond.
Now we are a goldfish in the sea. We need to defend a lot more and Tavs, although was good going forward, wasn't great defending and left us exposed.
The third goal we conceded at home to Wolves in League 1 was due to Tavs been high up the pitch and they attacked straight down our right and scored, just as an example.
He'd make do as an unbelievable right winger though! I think this ship has long since sailed though and we certainly won't see him back in a Rotherham shirt this soon after him choosing Wigan instead, whom aren't going to let him go that quickly. See where we stand in January.

royalfunkness
22-08-2014, 03:45 PM
I can't believe what I read sometimes on this forum. We have Broadfoot at right back and yet some of you think we don't need Tavernier if he was available? Is that a wind up?

Tavs would walk into our team as first choice right back every game. He would be Evans first on the teamsheet.

This isn't Football Manager, you can't just go spunking your budget on any player that takes your fancy. The fact is Tavernier didn't want to come here and he chose Wigan. I'm grateful for what he did, but he didn't want to be a Miller full time. As far as I'm concerned he's made his bed.

From what I can gather Richardson is a very good full back with bags of experience and he's a very capable defender. Add to that the other three players that can already play RB, and dare I say it Sadler could possibly play there too, getting in another RB would be like bringing in a 4K curved TV when you haven't even got a TV Licence

roscoemiller
22-08-2014, 09:38 PM
We don't want him back he's not good enough for this league yet he loses the ball 2 easy that's why he ain't getting a game.

He's good going forward but can't defend. Maybe a couple more years he's certainly a future prospect though..

one_a_day
23-08-2014, 08:22 AM
Some of the comments on this thread have got to be a wind up.

Tavs is a class above any other full back we have got at the club and would walk straight in to the team.

Comments such as Tavs is too attacking are a joke. Did you see Broadfoot attempting to get down the wing against Watford? Now that was a joke.

As for defending, Tavs positional sense was superb. He wasn't often caught out of position.

This lad is destined for great things.

burger1
23-08-2014, 11:24 AM
I'd love Tavs back. But this with Broadfoot... He makes me nervous when the winger is running at him. He tends to stand off a little too much for my liking... But against Watford he starting off not so great and I thought we was going to see mistake after mistake but he actually improved as the game went on and did start pushing up and when he did he was a lot better!!

Derbymiller
23-08-2014, 11:50 AM
both watford goals were scored in the right hand side of our penalty box??