PDA

View Full Version : why i would like Bowery to have a run in the team

Derbymiller
23-08-2014, 11:46 AM
The argument about not seeing them in training is always true and so assuming the lad is doing ok in training I think we should give him 5 or 6 games in the team.
We spent 350k on him that is a huge number for us Evans clearly wanted him so lets give him a chance and see how he does in the games, it may help us develop our game away from this long ball to revell we seem to have as plan a, b and c.

Brin
23-08-2014, 11:50 AM
Bowery and Revs? Now that would be a handful for any defence but hoofball?

Can't see it being played on the floor if these two play up front but you never know what it might bring...must admit I'm highly impressed with Taylor's work rate but he has to score when taking deadball free kicks off Pringle!

Derbymiller
23-08-2014, 12:03 PM
bowery doesnt look great in the air he looks better with it at his feet like vukic last year

gwru
23-08-2014, 12:12 PM
Tues why did we fetch Tidser & Derbyshire on. Sooner have seen Newton & Bowery. Newton could he play on the right covering Broadfoot?

Bowery would have to come in for Revell. Taylor up front with either. Pringle or Wordsworth on the left.

millertop
23-08-2014, 12:20 PM
I don't think Revell and Bowery work together.

Revs and Derbyshire/Taylor work well but we still need to calm the hoof ball down.

But yes I would like to see Bowery get some game

brassgnat
23-08-2014, 12:39 PM
Can't see a lot of goals in him, but he is still comparatively young.
Who would you drop, to bring him in?

Brin
23-08-2014, 05:35 PM
Should imagine that the Gaffer will start him at Swansea on Tuesday...

Can't see us progressing any further as the Swans are on fire at the mo...
should also see others getting a game ...Newton Tidser Loach et al...

Bowery and Derbyshire up front...why not...

armo12
23-08-2014, 09:50 PM
Bowery must play you cant spend 30000 grand on a player and not play him . Something does not add up .while were on subject of players newton must have a chance.if steve does the same thing like he normally does .gets more and more players in and sends players to bury you cant keep doing that players will not come

Milkyme
24-08-2014, 08:01 PM

Revs and Derbyshire/Taylor work well but we still need to calm the hoof ball down.

Strange thing is that against Watford Rev's laid few excellent balls off that came to his feet with no problem.

UTM

jolly_roger
24-08-2014, 08:08 PM
Seems an odd signing to me. Doesn't have the high energy style that Steve Evans requires in his players.

I think he's bought a pup.

But let's see.

millertop
24-08-2014, 08:25 PM

Strange thing is that against Watford Rev's laid few excellent balls off that came to his feet with no problem.

UTM[/quote]

What? Bowery didn't play

millmoormagic
24-08-2014, 08:42 PM

UTM[/quote]

What? Bowery didn't play[/quote]

Millertop been on the shandy again?

millertop
24-08-2014, 09:07 PM

UTM[/quote]

What? Bowery didn't play[/quote]

Millertop been on the shandy again?[/quote]

well it is bank holiday.
Think I'll call it a night XD XD
Just ignore that post Mikeyme

great_fire
24-08-2014, 09:16 PM

When you get sold a pup you buy a lemon.

jolly_roger
24-08-2014, 09:37 PM

When you get sold a pup you buy a lemon.[/quote]

Yeah, one of those XD

Pup or lemon, neither is renowned for scoring goals.

Ellis_D
27-08-2014, 01:11 PM
Bowery must play you cant spend 30000 grand on a player and not play him . Something does not add up .while were on subject of players newton must have a chance.if steve does the same thing like he normally does .gets more and more players in and sends players to bury you cant keep doing that players will not come

30000 grand would be 30 million, he didn't cost us that much!

ilikecarling
27-08-2014, 01:20 PM
I'd like Bowery to be given a chance, you can't spend that amount on a player an not play him. Didn't do much first half last night but came into the game as it wore one.

Would also like to see Newton starting, looked a decent little player when he came on.

leedsmiller
27-08-2014, 01:56 PM
The problem is now isn't the time to experiment, we need to be playing our strongest, fittest team to put early points on the board. If the new signings haven't shown they're up to playing 90 minutes and haven't proven they can add something different or change a game then they should stay where they are, on the bench or in the stands. Taylor and Smallwood have shown they can improve the team, hence they're in the starting eleven.

merry_miller
27-08-2014, 05:12 PM
Think the problem is Bowery's our record signing so everyone's expecting him to be brilliant from the start when in reality he's another young lad ala Kieran Agard & needs time to develop.

Got a feeling he'll be a bit part player this year & come into his own next season.

ExeterMiller
27-08-2014, 06:08 PM
Would struggle in L1 at the minute. Might be one for the future (I hope so). Certainly not had the impact Smallwood and Taylor have, neither the reliability of Broadfoot (even playing out of position)