PDA

View Full Version : Taylor

Merman
23-08-2014, 05:51 PM
What a signing this lad is looking, outstanding today. Just needs his shooting boots but all round game is excellent.

ExeterMiller
23-08-2014, 05:54 PM
Strong, low centre of gravity, a right handful. A bit more composure and yes there's goals, but he's getting in the positions and that's what matters.

kevthemaltbymiller
23-08-2014, 05:57 PM
What a signing this lad is looking, outstanding today. Just needs his shooting boots but all round game is excellent.

Thats what McCarthy's criticism of Taylor is :( he said he opens his body up great and then misses the target :? Hope Taylor can prove him wrong.

crashbang
23-08-2014, 06:13 PM
Strong, low centre of gravity, a right handful. A bit more composure and yes there's goals, but he's getting in the positions and that's what matters.

Low centre of gravity? What a load of bollix, so has Steve Evans.

gramiller1959
23-08-2014, 08:03 PM

Thats what McCarthy's criticism of Taylor is :( he said he opens his body up great and then misses the target :? Hope Taylor can prove him wrong.[/quote]

his ex teams supporters say hes like a pr.ck teaser :O does all the fancy work leads ya up the path and then misses the target :)

rolymiller
23-08-2014, 08:07 PM
I dont think we should use him as an out and out striker to me he is the ideal replacement for Agard as a midfielder. Granted he might not score as many goals as Agard but he will create more and also help cover the full back position with his speed and willingness to get stuck in.

millavanilla
24-08-2014, 01:06 AM
Well if he cant score, neither can the rest in the team either...his control and speed is something ive not seen in a long time though and we must keep hold of him...

millertop
24-08-2014, 11:23 AM
That's the point I made when we signed him, great player but can't score, if he did he obviously wouldn't be with us.

Until we can sort his scoring out maybe play him on wing with two strikers up front

riccallmiller
24-08-2014, 01:27 PM
Lets stick with him and with the guidance of Warne he may improve his composure in front of goal.

chris81
24-08-2014, 01:52 PM
Great desire from Taylor. I bet he is still running now. Gets in my team every week.

kevthemaltbymiller
24-08-2014, 02:03 PM
Lets stick with him and with the guidance of Warne he may improve his composure in front of goal.

Deffo stick with him, he as some really good attributes, quick and direct, runs at defenders. Even if he doesn't manage to finish they are qualities that cause panic which others can benifit from his good work I.e. Pringles goal and Rev's missed chance.
A good signing for me, he adds a different dimension to our play. He will be a cracking player for us when he finds his goal scoring boots.

gramiller1959
24-08-2014, 02:21 PM
what is the length of taylors loan ?

watch us getting him scoring and they want him back

kevthemaltbymiller
24-08-2014, 02:27 PM

Think it said long term loan, until January I think

That's the only danger with loan players we put them in the shop window for others buy :blue:

Deepmidwinter
24-08-2014, 02:33 PM

Think it said long term loan, until January I think

That's the only danger with loan players we put them in the shop window for others buy :blue:
.[/quote]

The only way that would be a bad thing is if they didn't play well for us.

burger1
24-08-2014, 03:53 PM
What fee would they want for him? I'd sign him now even if he's not scoring yet before he does and we lose him.. He's exciting

rolymiller
24-08-2014, 04:15 PM
Sort of agree Burger..even if he never bangs in the goals he will still have a ***** role in the squad particularly now that Agard has gone...get him signed up permo ASAP Mr Evans...

gambles
24-08-2014, 06:56 PM
Yes that is the danger putting loan signings in the shop Window. Answer - sign
him and take a chance. If he does do well mick McCarthy will want him back anyway.i was amused about warney coaching him in the art of goalscoring fantastic servant and workhorse player but in the heskey club of goal scores!

Grimmers08
24-08-2014, 07:25 PM
Not quite my MoM but very close... He has what we miss...pace and a willingness to attack. (Directly).. He needs to search the cupboards for those shooting boots but if he finds them (unless he's either crap at finding stuff or lives in a big house!) he'll be a gem!

jolly_roger
25-08-2014, 12:41 PM

Low centre of gravity? What a load of bollix, so has Steve Evans.[/quote]

Yes but Steve Evans centre of gravity is 3 foot in front of his feet

crashbang
25-08-2014, 12:46 PM

Low centre of gravity? What a load of bollix, so has Steve Evans.[/quote]

Yes but Steve Evans centre of gravity is 3 foot in front of his feet[/quote]

And 3 foot behind him, so equilibrium restored .

uttis
25-08-2014, 12:48 PM
Seems ironic in a way that Warney is his fitness coach, is it just me or does he remind you him when we were last in the Championship under Ronnie and Warney played out on the right wing working his nads off and generally getting on defenders nerves, think Taylors got a bit more guile and hopefully a few more goals in him than Warney got at this level