PDA

View Full Version : over the four games

sonnymiller
23-08-2014, 07:36 PM
what do people think over the four games I went to derby thought we played very well against a good team, wolves very odd performance from us but got three points, Watford played better against them than wolves but got nothing, dominated large parts of the game (especially first half)against another good team that are very good at counter attacking and defending. not been to millwall today but fantastic result, just wondered what other fellow millers take on the first four games has been UTM.

S8_Miller
23-08-2014, 07:41 PM
what do people think over the four games I went to derby thought we played very well against a good team, wolves very odd performance from us but got three points, Watford played better against them than wolves but got nothing, dominated large parts of the game (especially first half)against another good team that are very good at counter attacking and defending. not been to millwall today but fantastic result, just wondered what other fellow millers take on the first four games has been UTM.

It's been a very tough start and we have played four of the more fancied teams in this league. So to get six points on the board and not be outplayed in any of the games is very satisfying and bodes well for the rest of the season.

rolymiller
23-08-2014, 08:00 PM
yep decent start. Should have got a point at Derby, should have lost to Wolves, should have beaten watford, sounds like a fair result today. So based on that we should have got 7 points now. We are not being overawed or certainly not yet. If we can keep competing generally this season we will do ok.

ScarboroughMiller
23-08-2014, 10:24 PM
Some fair points but one thing that I've noticed is that we seem to be showing a little bit to much respect to the other teams. I say this based on one simple fact, this fact is an observation of the last two seasons under SE. We simply don't shoot enough when we get the ball within 20 yards. Cast your minds back, how many wonderful goals have we all enjoyed from just outside or just inside the box? Bloody loads, this season we seem to be trying to walk it in, look at the highlights tonight, some spanking goals scored from distance in the Championship and yet we seem scared to have a pop. The players are very capable, we know that, and so do they, so come on lads, have a go, especially is you don't have a great option. Some will go in the onion bag, I promise... ;D

vespabri
23-08-2014, 10:54 PM
I said exactly that on tuesday pal.

ScarboroughMiller
23-08-2014, 11:13 PM
I said exactly that on tuesday pal.
What? Exactly?nword for word? Wow, we must be related Bri! :O ;D