PDA

View Full Version : Kari MOTM today

hotun
23-08-2014, 09:34 PM
Top performance from a great player today.

jolly_roger
23-08-2014, 10:02 PM
Yes he had a good game but my MOM was Taylor.

Millwall had a lot more of the ball than us but didn't seem to create much in and around our box.

Another clean sheet for the defence and following his (undeserved) criticism Broadfoot had a good game. At one point we had a back four made up entirely of centrebacks.

Dont know how Revell missed his chance just before the break, will have to see it again on the highlights.

Glad Pringle got a goal and a fine save stopped him from getting another.

I still think some teams are stupidly expecting us to roll over and lose.

As Cilla said "surprise surprise"

We got today what we deserved to get on Tuesday night, and we will surprise a few more if we knuckle down as we did today.

A good overall performance and a result that the moaners will find hard to moan about (but I'm sure they will try)

vespabri
23-08-2014, 10:06 PM
Been impressed with Arnie & Morgs this season..

millavanilla
23-08-2014, 10:12 PM

When i saw this post i was sure it would be ibs's...must admit though, he has played well...

Derbymiller
24-08-2014, 11:15 AM
he has been class for 3 seasons the statistics prove it, only poorly informed fans that would moan about messi not passing enough if they were barca fans dont realise his quality

Milkyme
24-08-2014, 11:38 AM

When i saw this post i was sure it would be ibs's...must admit though, he has played well...[/quote]

I think it has been a case that the better quality players such as Kari found it more difficult to adapt to the lower leagues and are now shinning at the level they comfortable with.

UTM

riccallmiller
24-08-2014, 01:32 PM
i wish we could give him a few games in a sweeper role or the anchour man in a diamond. Although it would be very difficult. He is a good passer and would set up more attacks maybe in some home games from this position.

chris81
24-08-2014, 01:50 PM
For me it's a toss up between Arnie and Taylor for MOTM. The whole team played well but those were the stand outs. Proud day to be a Miller.

dmentor
24-08-2014, 05:47 PM
Arnie was excellent, but i think Taylor just about shaded it for me,he was a thorn in Millwall's side all game.

millmoormagic
24-08-2014, 05:57 PM
I think Arnie and Morgan have been immense to be fair, it's early doors but they really look comfortable in this division, keep it up chaps, the whole squad is doing fine.

Grimmers08
24-08-2014, 07:21 PM
Whilst I think Arni has had his moments (bad, lazy looking ball control, albeit rare) in previous seasons, he has looked top drawer this season, especially yesterday... I expected a disciplined Millwall team ready to continue their 13+ unbeaten run, but what I got was what I've seen so far this season (and started to realise is the standard of this league) - A Millers team that can take people on (noting the fact that I think we need a striker stat) and a team that has been schooled to restrict opponents rather than score 80+ goals... We wholeheartedly deserved 3pts yesterday and bring on Brentford next week...

MarkThomas
24-08-2014, 08:07 PM
I think Arnason was yet again outstanding.

By a thin margin I made Taylor man of the match. What a warrior in the Steve Evans mould this young man has been so far. I just love the way he gets stuck in and battles like his life depends on it for that ball. And I love the way he runs at people and commits defenders.

I think the Millwall game will prove pivotal.
I was very impressed with us.
We grew into the game and the players visibly gained confidence and self belief after taking the lead. We looked like we ' belong' at this level.
And the vocal support was amazing.