PDA

View Full Version : MILLWALL PHOTO'S

ZIPPY64
24-08-2014, 02:01 AM
Please click link if you wish to view my photo's from our victory at Millwall yesterday. - view external link (http://zipstrips2011-2012.blogspot.co.uk/2014/08/saturday-23rd-august-2014-millwall-v.html)

sota
24-08-2014, 02:46 AM
Thanks Zip :-)

audimiller
24-08-2014, 07:37 AM
Excellant mate, much appreciated from the sunny climates of spain. UTM

millertop
24-08-2014, 08:03 AM
Great photos as always.

Do the team have a different coach to last season?

loyalmiller
24-08-2014, 09:29 AM
I last went to The New Den in 2001 and vowed never to go there again due to the intimidating atmosphere, but looking at your photos and the apparent ease that you walked around the ground wearing club colours maybe it's calmed down a bit down there.

And Millertop yes it is a different coach, I saw them setting off Friday.

Edit: just like to point out I'm not a saddo I just happened to be at the ground at the same time as the bus left ;-)

millertop
24-08-2014, 09:44 AM
I last went to The New Den in 2001 and vowed never to go there again due to the intimidating atmosphere, but looking at your photos and the apparent ease that you walked around the ground wearing club colours maybe it's calmed down a bit down there.

And Millertop yes it is a different coach, I saw them setting off Friday.

Edit: just like to point out I'm not a saddo I just happened to be at the ground at the same time as the bus left ;-)

I've seen the coach at Derby but thought it was a stand in one, it had Birmingham on it :/

Yes we believe you, saddo ;D

coolschips
24-08-2014, 11:12 AM
john great pics as usual :-D

on a seperate point have you read route 66 ??

im guessing you will have but if by any chance you havnt i have a spare copy

Littlest_Hobo
24-08-2014, 11:20 AM
Bl 00dy Hell. I really wanted to go yesterday and never considered any buses would opt for A1 - rub it in Zip - Peterborough Services are a 15 minute walk from my house across the fields so I could have picked up Colin bus no problem but lazily didn't ask what route people were taking.

Did you come back up A1 too ? -

ZIPPY64
24-08-2014, 11:34 AM
Hobo...yes we came back up A1 as well, back in Rotherham for 9.10, missed a great day pal.

CoolasChips...yes i've read that book pal thanks, i love reading stuff like that about people's days out at games from start to finish, rather than just the basic match reports.

Thanks everybody, i did the write up as Guy Branston (Name dropping :D :-D ) got in touch with me in the week to see if i'd do a matchday blog for his AllAboutBallerz website.
I don't know if what i did is the sort of thing he was looking for, but i've sent him the link anyway, and wait and see if it appears on his site.

ZIPPY64
24-08-2014, 11:41 AM

;-)

I'd been on several buses that had been bricked or bottled down at both Den's pal, and obviously the Stigma of the place remains.
I was slightly apprehensive walking alone amongst their fans with my colours proudly showing, but glad i did with the photos i got.
I asked a Millwall fan to take the photo with Ian Holloway and he was friendly enough and another friendly chap came up to me to borrow my pen to get his autograph as well.
I got a few stares at the Millers badge, but i do the same to opposing fans at NYS so no need to worry yesterday, but as i said, you still get that niggling bout of apprehension.
As i stated in the write up, the 2001 game was my worst experience at

kempo
24-08-2014, 12:18 PM
Great photos and great write up.

Im sure it would be appreciated if you did a similar write up after every game...really enjoyed it.

ZIPPY64
24-08-2014, 12:32 PM
Great photos and great write up.

Im sure it would be appreciated if you did a similar write up after every game...really enjoyed it.

Cheers Pal,
Definitely wont be one every game, i was up till gone 3 putting yesterday's together ( i go all Mastermind with anything like this...i've started so i'll finish :D :-D ) but will do the full job for random games...next will probably be Bournemouth.

chris81
24-08-2014, 02:10 PM
Thanks for the pictures and really good report mate (was even able to spot myself and my son in the crowd).It was a great day with a great result.

marshmiller
24-08-2014, 02:56 PM
Once again excellent photos Zip cheers B)

ScarboroughMiller
24-08-2014, 03:58 PM
A cracking write up Zippy, thanks from me too. :)

jolly_roger
24-08-2014, 03:59 PM
Excellent as ever Zipmeister.

Philips
25-08-2014, 03:42 PM
Great photos,what happened to the fans that made their way into the local pubs was it friendly?

ZIPPY64
25-08-2014, 03:48 PM
Great photos,what happened to the fans that made their way into the local pubs was it friendly?

Yeah, no problem they said, the only incident i've heard about was after the game when one of our fans apparently got smacked at side of buses, but i don't know the true story what happened so not for me to comment or speculate.

millavanilla
25-08-2014, 06:25 PM
Sorry made c.ck up there...:O

mikemiller
25-08-2014, 07:28 PM
Good stuff, Zip. The atmosphere at the Den is much friendlier than it used to be. I think that this was my fifth visit. Just my luck that I missed the Millers 6-0 win, as I was away on holiday (although I did get a video of the match from the club shop at Millmoor - great win)

Millwall FC have done a lot of good work in removing the hooligans... though it can still get a bit heated when they play West Ham. I didn't see the incidenr that has been mentioned on Millersmad - didn't see any trouble at all.

CTMilller
25-08-2014, 08:20 PM
Excellent as always, Zip. Thank you. Whenever you get another chance to do a write up like that, don't hesitate. Quality piece.

claw84
26-08-2014, 10:22 AM
Zippy or is it John, as a Lions fan I liked your piece on the match, which I thought was pretty accurate and well put down along with some excellent photo's.Especially the one with Ollie. Even the weather was good, just the result was bad for us.

As a writer myself you may like a recent book by myself. "A Piece of the Action" by Graham Price a thriller drawn from my experiences in the Middle East and my time in the Royal Marines. It's on Amazon in paperback and kindle.

Best of luck for rest of season.

Miller67
26-08-2014, 11:34 AM
Great pictures as always zippy, I like the shots of our crowd so I can check out who's been ;D keep up the good work.

ZIPPY64
27-08-2014, 05:44 AM
Zippy or is it John, as a Lions fan I liked your piece on the match, which I thought was pretty accurate and well put down along with some excellent photo's.Especially the one with Ollie. Even the weather was good, just the result was bad for us.

As a writer myself you may like a recent book by myself. "A Piece of the Action" by Graham Price a thriller drawn from my experiences in the Middle East and my time in the Royal Marines. It's on Amazon in paperback and kindle.

Best of luck for rest of season.

Hiya, Thanks very much for your kind comments.
The very best of luck with the book and i'm sure it will be of interest to many, but all the reading i do is Football Related...one track mind :D :-D
Good luck to yourselves as well.