PDA

View Full Version : Millers transfer latest

Paul_Davis_(Millers_
28-08-2014, 07:51 AM
Boss Steve Evans is putting in the calls in his bid to make another signing before the transfer window closes next Monday. Page lead in today's Star. There's also an interview in the paper and online with Richard Wood. - view external link (bit.ly/1C58poP)

GingaMilla
28-08-2014, 08:08 AM
Sounds like another loan player which is a shame.

Derbymiller
28-08-2014, 08:19 AM
being careful not to read too much into this but...

we don't have the funds for a flagship signing, clearly it looks like the budget has been spent on wages of the 14 players brought in. That is fine we have to stay within budget.

This reads like we are preparing the fans for no signing as well, with the "working hard", "changes all the time" comments

but this is different than what we heard last week, where we had offers or close to offers for 2 players out there, what happened to them?

We need a goal scorer we need to replace the Agard goals and I haven't seen anything yet that makes me think we will score enough goals. Defense and midfield look good and credit to the board and manager for sorting that, but that will all be in vain if we don't have someone to score the goals.

Come on Steve pull a good one out for us

Derbymiller
28-08-2014, 08:36 AM
What about Bamford, he is going out on loan we have one Chelsea player, Wolves are interested but lets get in ahead of them

sy2006
28-08-2014, 09:22 AM
Nailed on to move to Middlesbrough before the weekend

gwru
28-08-2014, 11:09 AM
Sooner be a proper signing. Record signing a Revell type player, younger with a goal in him. Revell been a good servant but if we get right player in he can go. Brindley & Tidser also can't see a future here.

tivoliman415783
28-08-2014, 11:38 AM
gwru - so A big strong target man that can lead the line and who also brings guaranteed goals with him at the same time... and he must be a permanant signing rather than on loan...

show me one of them at championship level for under 3,000,000 and less than 10K per week.

That type of player (leader of line and goals) at this level is troy deenay, chris martin, kenwyn jones, gary holt, brit assombalonga etc)

it is going to take 3 or 4 years of staying in this league before we can even think about this type of permanent signing.

clarkey1974
28-08-2014, 11:43 AM
Sooner be a proper signing. Record signing a Revell type player, younger with a goal in him. Revell been a good servant but if we get right player in he can go. Brindley & Tidser also can't see a future here.

I think we signed what was hoping to be one of those in the summer.!.

gwru
28-08-2014, 11:52 AM
[quote="tivoliman415783"]gwru - so A big strong target man that can lead the line and who also brings guaranteed goals with him at the same time... and he must be a permanant signing rather than on loan...

show me one of them at championship level for under 3,000,000 and less than 10K per week.

That type of player (leader of line and goals) at this level is troy deenay, chris martin, kenwyn jones, gary holt, brit assombalonga etc)

it is going to take 3 or 4 years of staying in this league before we can even think about this type of permanent signing.

No point fetching somebody in whose no better than Revell or to sit on the bench. Oh for the days of Alan Lee.

JohnLeedsMiller
28-08-2014, 11:54 AM
A younger replacement for Revs. I think that's Bowery. Wes Thomas was aweful when he first came to us, but by the end of it he was a championship player. Bowery could be the same.

I think Brindley is here to stay. Evans must like him because he isn't one of the ones sent out on loan and I think he also might come good given more time. He will be cheap in terms of the wage budget as well. Same with Tidser. For me both are reasonable cover.

ExeterMiller
28-08-2014, 03:43 PM
I don't think its necessarily that personnel reasons (i.e. a goalscorer) is reason that we aren't scoring.

If we get the 4-2-3-1 sorted out where we can get in and around Revs, then anybody you pick in that 3 will pop up with goals. Frecks and Pringle aren't firing by their high standards (I'm sure they will), and Taylor is getting in the positions and causing havoc (the main thing), he just needs to find the onion bag (but once he does I'm sure more will come)

As David_R said, it also requires the full backs to join in. Lets face it, Skarz is a steady defender, buy only offers deep crosses going forward, and Broadfoot, has been excellent at the back offers zilcho going forward.

It will all come good, I'm confident by Xmas we'll have picked up half or more of the points required while we're 'work in progress' and then kick on after to be safe by Easter time.

And I'm a pessimist!

DavidEdinburgh
28-08-2014, 05:03 PM

Poor Revs, gets us into this league and gives the best day as a Miller then this... Regardless of that He is the LAST player I would sell, he is our biggest asset in my opinion. UTM

Brin
28-08-2014, 05:07 PM

Poor Revs, gets us into this league and gives the best day as a Miller then this... Regardless of that He is the LAST player I would sell, he is our biggest asset in my opinion. UTM[/quote]

Ditto to that...now if others put the same effort in as this player then the goals would flow...

gwru
28-08-2014, 07:01 PM
What about Matt Smith from Leeds. Hasn't been playing. Know he's signed a new contract. Would be easily a record fee. But its wages.