PDA

View Full Version : Lloyd Dyer & Lewis McGugan - Watford

SaxonMiller
28-08-2014, 02:01 PM
SE inquired about both players from Watford according to Rob Staton.

Two midfielders.

Great.

Just what's needed.

millertop
28-08-2014, 02:14 PM
If that's recent then someone needs to have words with Evans

SaxonMiller
28-08-2014, 02:16 PM
I'd assume so - I read it two minutes ago on Twitter from Rob Staton.

At worst I'm guessing it's thes he's (SE) been talking about over the last week.

Donald_Valley
28-08-2014, 02:24 PM
If that's recent then someone needs to have words with Evans

Hahaha

millertop
28-08-2014, 02:28 PM
I'd assume so - I read it two minutes ago on Twitter from Rob Staton.

At worst I'm guessing it's thes he's (SE) been talking about over the last week.

Must be wingers but still how many midfield players do we have

Derbymiller
28-08-2014, 02:52 PM
That is just stupid if we buy anymore midfielders, does revell have some photos of Evans doing something naughty

GOALS, we need to score GOALS

Galant
28-08-2014, 03:03 PM
We just sold a goal scoring midfielder against our wishes - the two players above are goal scoring midfielders - SE knows what he's doing.

deMiller
28-08-2014, 03:06 PM
We have enough midfielders regardless of if they score or not. We need strikers that can score.

MagicMiller
28-08-2014, 03:08 PM
That is just stupid if we buy anymore midfielders, does revell have some photos of Evans doing something naughty

GOALS, we need to score GOALS

Well Dyer scored other Tuesday night against us & his record as a pacy winger/forward at Leicester City he regularly scored goals so if we are regularly playing 1 up front with two supporting the striker a move for Dyer would make sense.
McGugan, err no as central midfield is overloaded at the minute.

millertop
28-08-2014, 03:09 PM
We just sold a goal scoring midfielder against our wishes - the two players above are goal scoring midfielders - SE knows what he's doing.

Why have we fetched Hall and Brandy in then?

Derbymiller
28-08-2014, 03:24 PM
fair point, but I think we have too many midfielders and it can't be good for the lads that came in the summer when they haven't even had a chance yet

ExeterMiller
28-08-2014, 03:27 PM
Nah he didn't. Was the french bloke with long dreads

We contained him pretty well to be fair, after thinking uh oh pace when the teams were read out.

We've got goalscoring midfielders, they just need to get closer in to Revs. Getting a 'goal scorer' will mean a change of formation and I think we all agree that until the division settles down 4-2-3-1 is the way to go, which means Revs up front. Once we know the teams to beat then I think we'll go for it more (Saturday is a must win in my book)

robsmillers
28-08-2014, 03:35 PM
Evans i think will settle for a 451 formation this season so we need goalscoring midfielders.

Quality target men are hard to come by without paying silly money.

May would have been perfect and playing this role if he had signed. Bowery is not good enough yet at this level.

We need fast speedy midfielders who can do box to box

these 2 fit the bill.

MillerMatt85
28-08-2014, 03:41 PM
Dont think we'd have much chance of getting McGugan anyway, Burnley, Cardiff and Fulham recently been linked.
Absolute class player and better than what we have already have.

MagicMiller
28-08-2014, 03:49 PM
Nah he didn't. Was the french bloke with long dreads

We contained him pretty well to be fair, after thinking uh oh pace when the teams were read out.

We've got goalscoring midfielders, they just need to get closer in to Revs. Getting a 'goal scorer' will mean a change of formation and I think we all agree that until the division settles down 4-2-3-1 is the way to go, which means Revs up front. Once we know the teams to beat then I think we'll go for it more (Saturday is a must win in my book)

You sure Exeter, coz when Dyer put ball in net the first for them he gave the Watford management a right tirade of abuse as he'd started on bench and was not happy for not being in starting 11. - view external link (http://www1.skysports.com/football/live/match/313800/report)

gwru
28-08-2014, 05:24 PM
Dyer is 32 in sept' waste of a wage, McGugan doesn't look a Steve Evans type player to me.

kempo
28-08-2014, 05:39 PM
Watford has told Evans to 'do one' re both players so thats that!

millertop
29-08-2014, 12:46 PM
Edited because I put it on wrong thread :s doh!

fivetide
29-08-2014, 12:51 PM
I can see why SE says they are the players we want though. We made the Agard cutting in tactic work really well.

Pringle managed the same thing the other day. A lot of our goals are coming from this attacking winger strategy and having just lost one who knows where the net is I can understand why SE is looking for a replacement. Yes a midfielder but a different type of midfielder to what we have and at least a nod towards the goals issue.