PDA

View Full Version : Kevin Doyle

KPtheNuts
29-08-2014, 01:50 PM
Would we be interested and is he still up to scratch for Championship football?

According to the BBC Sport, Wolves have made a few players available including Doyle and are "open to offers" not sure about the others mentioned...

UTM - view external link (http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/28981633)

Derbymiller
29-08-2014, 02:02 PM
failed at wolves and qpr, poor goalscoring record and ijury prone

bamford would be the best bet for us

royalfunkness
29-08-2014, 02:06 PM
Always rated Doyle at Reading, but he really seemed to fade at Wolves. I don;t know if it was injuries that did this or just a complete loss of form.

He would be a big gamble, and I'm sure he would be out of our price range in terms of wages. If he was to come on loan, or a short term deal I'm sure he could do a job for us.

wrighty_1
29-08-2014, 02:22 PM
I'm sure I remember reading that the reason Wolves had him out on loan last season was because he was on 40k a week

RawmarshMiller
29-08-2014, 02:35 PM
Kevin Doyle =

No thank you.

Bamford of Chelsea is an excellent shout, not sure we would get him. Would have liked the lad who played for Swindon on loan from Spurs, but see he has joined Brentford.

Steve will find us another Dicko, I am sure of it...

Brin
29-08-2014, 02:40 PM
I mentioned Bamford having not signed for Boro last week but it fell on deaf ears on this site...

TimeforAle
29-08-2014, 02:54 PM
I mentioned Bamford having not signed for Boro last week but it fell on deaf ears on this site...

Eh???

Brin
29-08-2014, 02:56 PM

Eh???[/quote]

I said 'XD XD XD XD XD XD '

SaxonMiller
29-08-2014, 05:54 PM
Would be a class signing.

However there's zero chance will sign for us on our wage structure.

I literally am scratching at the walls for us to invest some income that we've had...the first as a business for some years but just can't see it. I'd rather the club be honest and talk about financial solidarity over speculative not event signings.

Happily frustrated... I guess that's a good place to be...!

gazmadmiller
29-08-2014, 06:08 PM
Is he 6 footish, runs around like a nutter, wins less than 10% of ball played to him and scores less than 10 a season. If so we'll defo be intersted

armo12
29-08-2014, 08:42 PM
We must spend on a striker allways the same paper talk.we are asking about this player ask about that player its ******** we have not spent nothing.very pissed off we are being ********ed.tony ill ask again wheres the money going .on wages come on we have spent 30000 grand on one player
Brentford spent 1 millon on one player very dissapointed.

millavanilla
29-08-2014, 08:59 PM
We must spend on a striker allways the same paper talk.we are asking about this player ask about that player its ******** we have not spent nothing.very pissed off we are being ********ed.tony ill ask again wheres the money going .on wages come on we have spent 30000 grand on one player
Brentford spent 1 millon on one player very dissapointed.

30000 ?thought it was 300000...and 175000 were told...and why spend it if theres nothing out there ?

merry_miller
29-08-2014, 09:05 PM
Bamford's joined Boro.

armo12
29-08-2014, 09:27 PM
Vaughn from huddersfeild ideal player for us . I think hes in our price range . Wages wages yes you might aswell go to non league because thats all we can afford. Peterbourgh do it well though

BradfordFozzie
29-08-2014, 09:39 PM
Vaughn from huddersfeild ideal player for us . I think hes in our price range . Wages wages yes you might aswell go to non league because thats all we can afford. Peterbourgh do it well though

What division are Peterborough in?

armo12
29-08-2014, 10:56 PM
Yes look at the money they maid mcail smith gayle boyd the lad at bradford . They spent more money than us .and made one hell of a profit. And playing attacking football moderate crowds

BradfordFozzie
30-08-2014, 07:25 AM
Yes look at the money they maid mcail smith gayle boyd the lad at bradford . They spent more money than us .and made one hell of a profit. And playing attacking football moderate crowds

...and they play in division 1

I'll answer my question for you.

Donald_Valley
30-08-2014, 07:45 AM

I'll answer my question for you.[/quote]

I can see your point but it's really hard to dispute Pboro's method. They pay well for young talent, develop them and reap the reward. It hasn't worked out frog them in terms of league status - yet - but they've turned a good profit.

They do take a risk but they are prepared to gamble. Assombalonga is a good case. They paid circa a million and good wages to beat off the competition after he had a successful loan at Southend. They saw the potential and gambled.

I think we will rue the Dicko, May and Tavs situation come the end if this season. We could have got all three if we had gambled and paid them what they want.

BradfordFozzie
30-08-2014, 08:31 AM

I can see your point but it's really hard to dispute Pboro's method. They pay well for young talent, develop them and reap the reward. It hasn't worked out frog them in terms of league status - yet - but they've turned a good profit.

They do take a risk but they are prepared to gamble. Assombalonga is a good case. They paid circa a million and good wages to beat off the competition after he had a successful loan at Southend. They saw the potential and gambled.

I think we will rue the Dicko, May and Tavs situation come the end if this season. We could have got all thre

JohnLeedsMiller
30-08-2014, 09:16 AM
Having seen him play last season I thought he had found his level. League 1.

armo12
30-08-2014, 11:05 AM
My point fozzie were in a great postion lets have ago .in terms of spending we have spent nothing.dicko may tavs how good would that team be.when brentford can spend wy cant we thats my point.have a go for **** sake

gwru
30-08-2014, 11:48 AM
Sooner not get anybody than some has been journeyman. Only player I can think of is Matt Smith of Leeds. Not been picked in league games. Would take easily record fee. Just signed a 3yr contract. Don't think chairman there knows what he's doing. If we say offer him what our top erners are on and Leeds pay him up on the difference.

Donald_Valley
30-08-2014, 06:10 PM

I think we will rue the Dicko, May and Tavs situation come

ghost_of_dusty_m
30-08-2014, 06:29 PM
My point fozzie were in a great postion lets have ago .in terms of spending we have spent nothing.dicko may tavs how good would that team be.when brentford can spend wy cant we thats my point.have a go for **** sake

They bring more money in than us that's why.

Griffin park is on the flight path to heathrow. The roof of the stand is painted with a large advert, designed to catch the eye of passengers flying into Heathrow Airport. Currently this is an advert for Qatar Airways, but in the past amongst others, it has been for KLM and easyJet. That will be worth a pretty penny.

gwru
30-08-2014, 07:03 PM
Difference between us and Brentford is they are approaching it like a championship club. S E as brought say 15 players in only Smallwood has improved side. At least 10 of those players aren't championship standard. Should have got Tavs, for starters, all we're doing is paying wages out to players not good enough.

We've ended up with no right back, one left back, no pace in midfield, no right winger, no goalscorer and playing our most gifted player Pringle out on the right wing.

Brin
30-08-2014, 07:07 PM
Sooner not get anybody than some has been journeyman. Only player I can think of is Matt Smith of Leeds. Not been picked in league games. Would take easily record fee. Just signed a 3yr contract. Don't think chairman there knows what he's doing. If we say offer him what our top erners are on and Leeds pay him up on the difference.

but if he's just signed a 3 year contract doesn't that mean they do think something of him? looks the part but hardly pulled up any trees since he signed for them ...look's a handful in front of goal though...what's his shooting like?

ghost_of_dusty_m
30-08-2014, 07:12 PM
Difference between us and Brentford is they are approaching it like a championship club. S E as brought say 15 players in only Smallwood has improved side. At least 10 of those players aren't championship standard. Should have got Tavs, for starters, all we're doing is paying wages out to players not good enough.

We've ended up with no right back, one left back, no pace in midfield, no right winger, no goalscorer and playing our most gifted player Pringle out on the right wing.

Green...Taylor...wood is an improvement on Morgan IMO, we haven't seen Richardson yet...

We lack up front and we do miss tags but we were never ever going to get him as soon as Wigan and the bigger clubs came in.

I'm just relieved that anyone willing to smash our wage budget isn't in charge of the club or it would be back to shaking buckets...

caytonmiller
30-08-2014, 07:25 PM
. S E as brought say 15 players in. only Smallwood has improved side.

so loach is no better than shearer?
broadfoot is no better than addison?
wood is no better than davis?
taylor is no better than adams?
green is no better than oconnor?

bowery/derbyshire or vuckic/thomas? jury out

gwru
30-08-2014, 07:45 PM
I worded that wrong I'm talking about signing players of championship quality.

Loach, Richardson [ not seen him so give him a chance ], Broadfoot, Woods, Smallwood, Newton, Swift, Tayler & Bowery think there's something there.

Green wouldn't have signed him if we'd signed Smallwood first. Can't play them both be to negative. Wordsworth have they ever seen him play he's to slow.

Players who can go now: Brindley, Bradley, Sadler, Tidser, Milson, Green, Wordsworth, Brandy, Hall, Deryshire and if we sign somebody like Matt Smith Revell can go.