PDA

View Full Version : OT I need a function room..charity night.

vespabri
29-08-2014, 05:11 PM
Right lads,ive been guaranteed a place in London Marathon 2015..for Children with Cancer.
This yr our family has been savaged by Cancer..no fewer than 6 members of my family have been diagnosed by it, my Mum inparticularly having been diagnosed Lung cancer a few months ago then contracting Bone cancer only weeks ago..(the 5th time in her life, feck me how much more can she take).
Anyway, a few yrs ago i held a charity night for my run in London (2012) at the grange golf club..
This time i hope more numbers to turn up so i"m looking at somewhere that will let me use my own DJ(my nephew) and somewhre that will let me hire the room free and holds upwards of 150..(hoping that around 200-250 will turn up).

Cheers for the help.
I need it for a saturday night around March.

shiregreenmillers
29-08-2014, 05:26 PM
I wish you all the luck in the world vespabri ..I lost my father in law 6 weeks ago .My Mum and 2 sister have had it as well in the last 12 months ..Keep strong fella O:)

vespabri
29-08-2014, 05:33 PM
Cheers Pal, what makes it harder atm is my Dad is having tests for Dimentia atm and Mum is having trouble coping with him when other family members aren"t around.
If i get a ballot place in October i"ll defer my fundraising to Rotherham Hospice (to keep it local) and a Dimentia charity i think.

Rev72
29-08-2014, 05:45 PM
All the best to you vespabri :star:

Try the Woodlands club on donny road mate.

They have loads of room and will comfortably fit 200-250 people I would think.

They usually charge 50 for the use of the function room which is really the best side but with it being a charity do they may let you use it for free.

Good luck.

vespabri
29-08-2014, 05:49 PM
Ive been to Woodlands before Revs and its a lovely club but i wouldnt have thought it"d hold 250..
I could be wrong though.
One to bear in mind.

kevthemaltbymiller
29-08-2014, 05:51 PM
There are a few places you could try in maltby,
Miner welfare or the progressive club.

Good luck.

walter10
29-08-2014, 05:52 PM
Have you tried Sitwell park golf club. Convenient location.

Rev72
29-08-2014, 05:55 PM
[quote="vespabri"d hold 250..
I could be wrong though.
One to bear in mind.[/quote]

They have weddings,birthdays and other functions going off all the time,they usually shift all the chairs/tables for these type of functions so I would guess it could hold 250 people.

Like you say one to bear in mind.

vespabri
29-08-2014, 06:04 PM
Cheers pal.
One i"m thinking of is Belmont club Hoyland..i know its not exactly Rotherham but its the father in laws local club..cheap beer..big room..and a stage for the DJ.

MillersFanDave
29-08-2014, 06:04 PM
I have a brilliant function room. It holds 280max. Come down and see what you think. We've had loads of great charity shows

Its in town which will be ideal for people
Catching bus, train and young uns can finish the night up town

shiregreenmillers
29-08-2014, 06:05 PM
What about the haynook at kimberworth park

FeFerFernRodney
29-08-2014, 06:33 PM
Ves I am a member at the woodlands just bear in mind if you have 250 guests its club policy that members are allowed to use the club when private functions are on so you could have more people in than you expected. Has for the amount your quoting that should not be an issue.

Rev72
29-08-2014, 06:38 PM
Ves I am a member at the woodlands just bear in mind if you have 250 guests its club policy that members are allowed to use the club when private functions are on so you could have more people in than you expected. Has for the amount your quoting that should not be an issue.

So is the Rev..wonder if I know you :)

Rev72
29-08-2014, 07:18 PM

So is the Rev..wonder if I know you :)[/quote]

Guess you dont want to find out then :O

XD XD XD

hot_shot_bobby
29-08-2014, 07:48 PM
Haynook is a good shout. large function room and stage.cask beer and a tap room with skysports.Best of all its free too.

shiregreenmillers
29-08-2014, 07:53 PM
Haynook is a good shout. large function room and stage.cask beer and a tap room with skysports.Best of all its free too.Bloody Hell hot shoot bobby agreed with me XD XD XD XD XD

hot_shot_bobby
29-08-2014, 08:29 PM
Haynook is a good shout. large function room and stage.cask beer and a tap room with skysports.Best of all its free too.Bloody Hell hot shoot bobby agreed with me XD XD XD XD XD[/quote]different bobby shire...im the original without the w at the end :D

gm_gm
30-08-2014, 05:52 AM
I wish you all the luck in the world vespabri ..I lost my father in law 6 weeks ago .My Mum and 2 sister have had it as well in the last 12 months ..Keep strong fella O:)

Thats awful pal

Well done again Bri!

vespabri
30-08-2014, 07:58 AM
Cheers Glynn

northy69
30-08-2014, 08:24 AM

So is the Rev..wonder if I know you :)[/quote]

So am I.

The club can only hold 130 people legally under the fire regs. - view external link (http://www.woodlands-club.talktalkbusiness.net)

luvpud
30-08-2014, 08:28 AM
Sorry to hear about your news bri , unfortunately I can't help with a venue but the next time I bump into you in bluecoates or memory lane I'll give you a donation towards whatever , good luck mate sounds like you and your family are due some .