PDA

View Full Version : Back to league 1

elvisisamiller
30-08-2014, 04:08 PM
Unless we change our wage budget pay average wages get average players at the moment we are not good enough to be in this division , we just cannot compete with the budgets of other clubs , even brentford are above us in that department and in transfer fees paid . If ts wants to maintain championship football next season he is going to have to change his strategy regards the budget , maybe we got promotion too soon from league 1 as especially the wage budgets for championship status is far far greater than what we can afford

twinnyjoe
30-08-2014, 04:24 PM
Yes let's do that and end up administration!!!

TheGimpPimp
30-08-2014, 04:37 PM
I fear we will be back in League 1 also. Only Taylor, Green, Arnason and Morgan seem good enough for this division on early showing.

TMiller
30-08-2014, 04:40 PM
relax. why were you not saying all this last week?

brassgnat
30-08-2014, 04:45 PM
I don't think we are that bad, but obviously lacking goals, and, so far, Derbyshire and Bowery don't look like many goals in them, and Revell hardly prolific at lower league levels.
Lacking pace, when defending is glaringly obvious, as well.

Georgetown
30-08-2014, 04:52 PM
The difference between us and Brentford is that they play fast passing football and create chances from quick touches and through balls.

We, however, are trained to play the long ball to Revell in the hope of feeding off scraps from his flick ons and knockdowns. If this doesn't work, like today, we remove Revell and the remaining team struggle to adapt to plan B. I Don't actually know what plan B is but if it wasn't for Taylor today we wouldn't have shown any threat at all.

Also, with the amount of midfielders we have/loan/change without even trying the likes of Newton, we don't seem to be gelling as a team. This is dissapointing but these problems are not insurmountable as it is early days.

crookadile
30-08-2014, 05:03 PM
The difference between us and Brentford is that they play fast passing football and create chances from quick touches and through balls.

We, however, are trained to play the long ball to Revell in the hope of feeding off scraps from his flick ons and knockdowns. If this doesn't work, like today, we remove Revell and the remaining team struggle to adapt to plan B. I Don't actually know what plan B is but if it wasn't for Taylor today we wouldn't have shown any threat at all.

Also, with the amount of midfielders we have/loan/change without even trying the likes of Newton, we don't seem to be gelling as a team. This is dissapointing but these problems are not insurmountable as it is early days.

Plan B is long ball to Bowery.

one_a_day
30-08-2014, 05:23 PM
Only time we've been outplayed was against Wolves. The results will come.

Donald_Valley
30-08-2014, 05:25 PM

Plan B is long ball to Bowery.[/quote]

Or Brandy as it transpired in the last 10 mins

gramiller1959
30-08-2014, 05:28 PM

sad ... ... but true

great_fire
30-08-2014, 07:53 PM

Or Brandy as it transpired in the last 10 mins[/quote]

That was quite funny when the centre halfs

Derbymiller
30-08-2014, 07:56 PM
Bowery hasn't played get off his back, he needs 5 or 6 games and then if he hasn't delivered have a go but for gods sake

sy2006
30-08-2014, 08:00 PM
gior Bowery was as much use today as he was tuesday night... ****e!!

Barnsley_Miller
30-08-2014, 08:01 PM

I dont think Bowery is a revell type of player, he's not a "Target" Man even though he's a tall Striker. Quality crosses from the wing may suit Bowery