PDA

View Full Version : Derbyshire & Broadfoot - Abo****e garbage

TheGimpPimp
30-08-2014, 04:34 PM
I am sorry but these two players are just not good enough for the Championship and should not play again. They have comfortably been our worst two players so far this season.
Derbyshire has very little to his game in terms of pace, skill or strength & is supposedly in as our fox in the box. Well he had three glaring chances today and from the three mustered just one weak passback to the keeper, one header well wide and mis controlled the third so didn't even get a shot away.
As for Broadfoot, he is an absolute embarrassment and Richard Brindley must be wandering what he has to do to get into the team. Broadfoot got so many chances to put in early crosses or shoot but just hesitated before lobbing in a cannon fodder looped ball for the keeper to catch with ease.
Also, it seems a step too far for Pringle who has been quite poor this season in the games i have seen. He is too slow to play out wide muscled off the ball too easily and crossing can be erratic.
Paul Taylor looks like a find

dansk
30-08-2014, 04:40 PM
Could it be that Derbyshire is past his Peak? :D

TMiller
30-08-2014, 04:40 PM
absolute over reaction

luvpud
30-08-2014, 04:45 PM
Can't agree with the broadfoot comment but pretty much everything else was spot on .

armo12
30-08-2014, 05:06 PM
Broadfoot is pants brindley should play pringle on wrong side and need a striker. If steve evens does not change things were in trouble. Newton should have a chance.get the cheqe book out please .revel must be droped derbishire freks aswell.

rolymiller
30-08-2014, 05:10 PM
Harsh on Broadfoot..the reason why we lost was because we missed several glorious chances..that wasnt Broadfoots fault..the other thing was the ref gave Revs no protection as he was pushed and pulled all over the place all game and got feck all for it...

gm_gm
30-08-2014, 05:14 PM
Broad foot is a worry he lacks pace and is clearly being targeted by the opposition, when he gets forward we are exposed if he losses the ball.

I hope SE isn't as stubborn as he was with Shearer as it will be as costly as it was with him.

If I was Brindley I'd be wondering what's going on

one_a_day
30-08-2014, 05:21 PM
Utter tosh. Derbyshire did okay today. The timing of his runs was superb. Yes he should have scored but the goals will come if he is given a run in the side.

Broadfoot isn't a full back and needs to be told to drill the ball across instead of those awful floated crosses.

I do think its time to give Bowery a run at the expense of Revell.

ida
30-08-2014, 05:29 PM
Spot on for me thus far!

TMiller
30-08-2014, 05:30 PM
i think broadfoot is doing really well to say he isn't a full back

caytonmiller
30-08-2014, 05:34 PM
Utter tosh. Derbyshire did okay today. The timing of his runs was superb. Yes he should have scored but the goals will come if he is given a run in the side.

Broadfoot isn't a full back and needs to be told to drill the ball across instead of those awful floated crosses.

agree about broadfoot.
i mentioned this last season and again closed season, then again after the wolves game. (no doubts it will get mentioned again
in the first half every attack came down the left side (there left) in the 2nd half it all came down the right...
what changed? pringle.
sorry all you pringle lovers but his work rate tracking back is not the problem. his lack of pace and poor defensive positioning is..
he drifts inside and doesnt have the pace to get back out to help...
sadly i believe he found his level last season.
also we have 5 central midfielder and played the whole 2nd h

redhouse
30-08-2014, 05:37 PM
What's Abo****e mean

Take it you didn't mean Above ;D

Amanda_Hugg_n_Kiss
30-08-2014, 06:12 PM
How can anyone have a go Broadfoot he's a CB FFS!!! and he's been doing well considering this he looks a quality defender and when he's playing in his actual position I'm sure he'll be fine. You should be having a go a the man who's playing him there as it's clear he isn't a FB and it's clear it's costing us. We need the balance to the side. We've got Brindley who was excellent end of last season and he could of tried Sadler there. Don't like having a go as I'm not qualified and Evans is, but this is obvious.

And while I'm on one Derbyshire doesn't look interested, showed glimpses, but wasn't good enough at all. I hope we're not wasting the big money he's on. :blue:

ghost_of_dusty_m
30-08-2014, 06:15 PM

Can't agree re Derbyshire today. His runs, passing and finishing lacked confidence. He was pants. But...do think with him it is a confidence thing and nots lack of quality so you might be right re a run in the team.

The Bowery or revell thing is a bit more complicated. Revell provides the hard work and muscle up front but doesn't bring goals to the party on a regular basis. He hasn't looked like scoring so far but crucially unlike last year hasn't provided as many chances...on the balance a run for Bowery might be a good idea see what the lad can do if he gets a run.

The Broadfoot argument is

jockb
30-08-2014, 06:26 PM
[quote="TheGimpPimp"]I am sorry but these two players are just not good enough for the Championship and should not play again. They have comfortably been our worst two players so far this season.
Derbyshire has very little to his game in terms of pace, skill or strength & is supposedly in as our fox in the box. Well he had three glaring chances today and from the three mustered just one weak passback to the keeper, one header well wide and mis controlled the third so didn't even get a shot away.
As for Broadfoot, he is an absolute embarrassment and Richard Brindley must be wandering what he has to do to get into the team. Broadfoot got so many chances to put in early crosses or shoot but just hesitated before lobbing in a cannon fodder looped ball for the keeper to catch with ease.
Also, it seems a step too far for Pringle who has been quite poor this season in the games i have seen. He is too slow to play out wide muscled off the ball too easily and crossin

jockb
30-08-2014, 06:30 PM
Harsh on Broadfoot..the reason why we lost was because we missed several glorious chances..that wasnt Broadfoots fault..the other thing was the ref gave Revs no protection as he was pushed and pulled all over the place all game and got feck all for it...

Are you watching the same game he's ****. Watch him when we are on the attack or corners he can't get back into defence when the opposition break out, he's trots back with the forwards. Time for Brindley! No good playing with a back three.

ghost_of_dusty_m
30-08-2014, 06:33 PM

Are you watching the same game he's ****. Watch him when we are on the attack or corners he can't get back into defence when the opposition break out, he's trots back with the forwards. Time for Brindley! No good playing with a back three.[/quote]

I he's not **** it's just we can only have one slow as a snail full back. Evans has to pick skarz or Broadfoot.

armo12
30-08-2014, 06:37 PM
Evens needs glasses if he cant sea that the team is not wright
He has his favs thats plain to sea.broadfoot right back disgrace hes centre all day long

millertop
30-08-2014, 06:38 PM
Derbyshire should have scored for sure but he's not rubbish.

Derbyshire and Bowery should 100% start for me.keep Taylor where he is.

I wish Evans would put Brindley on until Richardson is back and put Broadfoot where he should be playing CB, but why does he bother going in the box if you don't take a shot?

Barnsley_Miller
30-08-2014, 06:52 PM
Broadfot is a CH not a FB so we cant fault him when he's in or near the oppositions box. For me he did OK today and he nearly picked up a Goal, he hit the post with a header.

Derbyshire, missed his chances today but made some good runs and caused problems for them. A run of Games may be the answer to getting the best out of him?

Its early Days yet people,

keep the faith

UTM

Barnsley_Miller
30-08-2014, 06:55 PM
Evens needs glasses if he cant sea that the team is not wright
He has his favs thats plain to sea.broadfoot right back disgrace hes centre all day long

Glasses of what?

I'll have a Pint of what your supping Pal ;D

Derbymiller
30-08-2014, 07:48 PM
I don't agree with the pringle comments, he did well in the 2nd half he isn't a right sided player, stupid decision by evans.

TMiller
30-08-2014, 07:51 PM
yea pringle on the left for me too. taylor still looked dangerous on the right so i don't see the need to switch.

Derbymiller
30-08-2014, 07:51 PM
revell isn't a championship player, he works hard but he is getting shown up against quality centre backs. He is a squad player now, same with frecks I see why he had to drop out of the championship previously, he is 2 yards too slow and gets caught out. On the plus side smallwood looks the business, the two lads from ipswich look ok, skarz looks solid and arnie is absolute class, I also thought wood did well. Bowery needs games