PDA

View Full Version : que the over-reaction...

TMiller
30-08-2014, 04:45 PM
lets all slag the team and manager cos we have lost.

we are real madrid and should be beating everyone.

or...

we could get behind the team, stop slagging players off when we go one down. stay at home if you feel the need to boo at the end of the game.

i feel like evans will be learning with every game we play in this division. we are still feeling our way but we will be fine.

i thought that we should have won today despite not playing that well which i see as being quite positive.

yes we need a striker

do feel like we have too many players though. i liked quality over quantity last season cos it worked a treat

luvpud
30-08-2014, 04:51 PM
I do get behind the team every game , it's very hard not to over react when we sell our best striker and fail to replace him .
I don't take losing lightly but if we were playing till next Saturday Derbyshire or Bowery would still not score a goal between them .

TheGimpPimp
30-08-2014, 05:03 PM
Don't tell me to stay at home. I Will go if i want to and never boo. I hate the old cliche we aren't Real Madrid so we shouldn't expect to do win matches. We are over 10% through the season and it is justified to judge your team. If you can't handle constructive criticism from fans maybe it is you that should stay at home.

rolymiller
30-08-2014, 05:12 PM
"queue" que is what Manuel says on faulty towers..;-)

redhouse
30-08-2014, 05:16 PM
[quote="rolymiller" que is what Manuel says on faulty towers..;-)[/quote]

Or is it cue,queue is what you do at the turnstile ;D

TMiller
30-08-2014, 05:16 PM
[quote="rolymiller" que is what Manuel says on faulty towers..;-)[/quote]

lol it felt wrong

ghost_of_dusty_m
30-08-2014, 05:19 PM
I do get behind the team every game , it's very hard not to over react when we sell our best striker and fail to replace him .
I don't take losing lightly but if we were playing till next Saturday Derbyshire or Bowery would still not score a goal between them .

Neither would revell.

Bowery has had 35mins this season in the league so give him a chance. Derbyshire can but he lacks confidence hence that pathetic attempt on goal.

TMiller
30-08-2014, 05:19 PM
Don't tell me to stay at home. I Will go if i want to and never boo. I hate the old cliche we aren't Real Madrid so we shouldn't expect to do win matches. We are over 10% through the season and it is justified to judge your team. If you can't handle constructive criticism from fans maybe it is you that should stay at home.

i said stay at home if you boo and you have just said you don't boo so what are you on about?

I can't handle booing and slagging players off as it isn't constructive so what are you on about with that?

and the old cliche has never been truer seen as how virtually every club in this division has got a far bigger budget than us and some people need to get real

TMiller
30-08-2014, 05:20 PM

its definitely cue

rolymiller
30-08-2014, 05:20 PM
oops you are right it is cue as in snooker cue..

Tupper
30-08-2014, 05:26 PM
I think it should be cue. Anyway about the thread, I'll have a little boo if I feel like it, why not ? I think some players need a little reminder that they are playing for us as well as a wage. Its not something I do all the time though, for 90mins plus I sing, shout, clap and encourage. On the game its self Brentford have spent 5m we spent .5m and in my humble opinion that was the difference, a million pound striker would probably have scored a couple for us today. Let's not get down hearted there's a long way to go yet and I still believe. UTM

great_fire
30-08-2014, 05:27 PM
Maybe they could stop passing from one side of the 18 yard box to the other and actually shoot at the goal?

It might work.

TMiller
30-08-2014, 05:28 PM
I think it should be cue. Anyway about the thread, I'll have a little boo if I feel like it, why not ? I think some players need a little reminder that they are playing for us as well as a wage. Its not something I do all the time though, for 90mins plus I sing, shout, clap and encourage. On the game its self Brentford have spent 5m we spent .5m and in my humble opinion that was the difference, a million pound striker would probably have scored a couple for us today. Let's not get down hearted there's a long way to go yet and I still believe. UTM

i like what you put here but the booing thing i don't agree with. if there is a lack of effort then yes but this team under evans has worked their socks off for a long time now including today and i just don't think booing is helpful or appropriate

TMiller
30-08-2014, 05:31 PM
oops you are right it is cue as in snooker cue..

i thought it was snooker queue ;D

redhouse
30-08-2014, 05:33 PM
Somebody said last week ( I think it was Kempo )

By all means boo the players if they are not trying

But don't boo them for not being good enough

Fair comment I think

Tupper
30-08-2014, 05:40 PM
It was only a little boo, barely audible.

caytonmiller
30-08-2014, 05:40 PM
Somebody said last week ( I think it was Kempo )

By all means boo the players if they are not trying

But don't boo them for not being good enough

Fair comment I think

agree. its one of the few sensible things the man has said. we should frame it.

DavidEdinburgh
30-08-2014, 05:43 PM

Ditto what he said

gm_gm
30-08-2014, 05:43 PM

There won't be any queues if SE persists with broad foot...:D

millertop
30-08-2014, 06:45 PM
Players didn't deserve booing today.

millertop
30-08-2014, 06:46 PM

Neither would revell.

Bowery has had 35mins this season in the league so give him a chance. Derbyshire can but he lacks confidence hence that pathetic attempt on goal.[/quote]

Well said

MarkThomas
30-08-2014, 06:53 PM
It's fairly obvious we need someone to put the ball in the net. I was massively frustrated at our failure to score today. I sincerely hope the early indications that Derbyshire and Bowery don't look like strikers proves to be utterly wrong. They both desperately, desperately need a goal and perhaps confidence will then do the trick. As some of my mates rightly pointed out its a bit harsh to pass any judgment on Bowery on such limited game time. However, I'm disappointed about 2 aspects of Derbyshires play and one aspect of Bowerys. Neither of them uses their size and strength effectively - I want to see some muscle and battle from them both.
And Derbyshire is not working hard enough.

I would be tempted to play Taylor up front with Revs or just behind Revs.

rolymiller
30-08-2014, 06:57 PM
Yep Mark, from the Dee Dar Evans interview today I got the feeling Stevie isnt too pleased with Derbyshire either and wouldnt be surprised if he got a *******ing from him. A lot of money was paid out for Derbyshire and Evans will be wanting some return on that...

Brin
30-08-2014, 06:59 PM
It's fairly obvious we need someone to put the ball in the net. I was massively frustrated at our failure to score today. I sincerely hope the early indications that Derbyshire and Bowery don't look like strikers proves to be utterly wrong. They both desperately, desperately need a goal and perhaps confidence will then do the trick. As some of my mates rightly pointed out its a bit harsh to pass any judgment on Bowery on such limited game time. However, I'm disappointed about 2 aspects of Derbyshires play and one aspect of Bowerys. Neither of them uses their size and strength effectively - I want to see some muscle and battle from them both.
And Derbyshire is not working hard enough.

good points Mark...Derbyshire could have been a hero today and fluffed his chances oh so bad...1ok..2 er what's going on but 3...phaf and that's putting it mildly...

millertop
30-08-2014, 07:01 PM
And Derbyshire is not working hard

Bowery and his strength ? I don't get that at all, it's Revell that needs to stop being a pushover and stand his ground

Barnsley_Miller
30-08-2014, 07:15 PM
I never Boo, never have never will, I cant see any good in it at all.

We all getfrustrated but we hit the woodwork 3 times and with a bit of luck the result could have been different.

This season was always going to be hard but our fans must be patient and support the Lads on the pitch, whoever they may be.

We must remember too, that the opposing team get paid too ;)

UTM

Derbymiller
30-08-2014, 07:54 PM
Bowery did ok when he came on, he did more in the 1st five minutes of being on than revell did in 50 mins. Bowery needs game time and we need to remember he isn't revell and play to his feet not huff it in the air.
We shouldn't boo though we aren't playing well but we still have some good players, managers tactics today cost us the game and after the game his post match interview was a joke, he needs to calm down whatever happens to us, Evans needs our support

armo12
30-08-2014, 09:03 PM
Evens we are waiting tony we are waiting weres the ****ing goal scorer.ill say it for a 6th time we must spend

Barnsley_Miller
30-08-2014, 09:04 PM
Evens we are waiting tony we are waiting weres the ****ing goal scorer.ill say it for a 6th time we must spend

Hic :P

Ellis_D
31-08-2014, 02:39 PM

Haha, in my local chippy there is a sign on the counter saying, "Please cue this side."

Everytime I see it, I cringe. Pedantic maybe, but I hate seeing poor English like that.