PDA

View Full Version : Stevie blown up on dee dar...

rolymiller
30-08-2014, 05:01 PM
...dee dee reporter saying players dont want to sign for us...Stevie told him not to talk bollax in so many words...anorther dee dar ban coming up perhaps?

worrever, it dunt look like we will get that striker we need...

leedsmiller
30-08-2014, 05:34 PM
Think Stevie was watching a different match from me 'we battered 'em from start to finish'? 'We were superb'? I thought they shaded it overall, a very good away performance. True, we missed chances but that's the story of our season so far, two goals in five games says it all. No point singling out players, it was obvious watching the game that we've signed some poor (Championship) quality players - plus one or two who could turn out to be good investments.

We knew it was going to be tough but already we're seeing the results of our inability to compete financially. Time to start prospecting Stevie, hope you can dig up some gems!

Brin
30-08-2014, 05:40 PM
...dee dee reporter saying players dont want to sign for us...Stevie told him not to talk bollax in so many words...anorther dee dar ban coming up perhaps?

They were talking about Bamford signing for Boro instead of us and the reporter said something along the lines of he didn't want to come here then and then The Gaffer lost it Fergie style...

I'm sure someone can post the interview for us all to hear again...of course Giddings the soft w.anker had to put his two penneth on the end being smart about Evans having a bad day at the office etc...what a prize p.rick he is!

gramiller1959
30-08-2014, 05:41 PM

They were talking about Bamford signing for Boro instead of us and the reporter said something along the lines of he didn't want to come here then and then The Gaffer lost it Fergie style...

I'm sure someone can post the interview for us all to hear again...of course Giddings the soft w****r had to put his two penneth on the end being smart about Evans having a bad day at the office etc...what a prize p.rick he is![/quote]

correct ..

dmentor
30-08-2014, 05:52 PM
Every time i see Steve he looks blown up to me.

Donald_Valley
30-08-2014, 06:07 PM
I'm not surprised he's getting frustrated. He pulls Dicko and Tavs from obscurity and then the Board won't stump up. He goes all out to get Stevie May and the Board won't stump up.

Mr Stewart, you wanted Championship football and he has given it you. You have the home end pretty much full and you talked about the Top 10 of the Championship. It's time to show the colour of your money unless you want to be back in League one.

GingaMilla
30-08-2014, 06:11 PM
Lol.. Blaming the board? Embarrassing. We had bids accepted for all those players. Only thing was either the wages or reality is they are all bigger clubs then us?

rolymiller
30-08-2014, 06:20 PM
To be fair we are never gonna realistically compete for good championship players from other championship clubs..our only hope is to get some decent reserve like Dicko from Wigan (who must have been bonkers to let him go), take a punt on a lower division/ non league player, or blood our own. We could persist with the likesof Bowery and Derbyshire and hope that they may come good but if they dont we will be truly in the sh.it. We may have to face the fact that we will always be at best a yo yo club between the championship and division 1. This may be a better scenario than spending more than we can afford and everything going tits up like it did a few years ago. The people who thought we could have a chance of making the prem this year are beginning to smell the salts now i would think...

gm_gm
30-08-2014, 06:25 PM
People need to realise this is our "Zenith" ..the aim must be survival and build each year

rolymiller
30-08-2014, 06:28 PM
Yep gm..if we can survive this year that will be a big step forward and worth another promotion from Div 1...44 more points to go (ish)

a123
30-08-2014, 06:30 PM
We were never going to compete for the premier league, we have got to have one of the lowest if not the lowest wage budgets in the Championship.

Why are average/top Championship level players going to come to Rotherham when they can get better wages elsewhere?

It's quite simple if you are a professional sportsman and someone offers you a contract for 3 years at 2,000 per week more than you can get at Rotherham what are you going to do, your going to take it as that equates to 312,000 over the life of the contract.

We have either got to find a way to compete financially or we have got to accept a season of struggle beckons.

There is also the fact the the vast majority of Championship clubs freely spend beyond their means and sooner or later the bubble will burst.

We cannot afford to gamble and end up in administration again because this time it won't be we owe a few quid to the taxman, the pie supplier and the programme printer, we have a 20m debt for a shiny stadium to consider

millertop
30-08-2014, 06:33 PM
Evans and Giddings don't get on at all

rolymiller
30-08-2014, 06:46 PM
Dont like Giddings meself I'm surprised he knows where Rotherham is...

Donald_Valley
30-08-2014, 06:58 PM
Lol.. Blaming the board? Embarrassing. We had bids accepted for all those players. Only thing was either the wages or reality is they are all bigger clubs then us?

It's easy to make a bid. But what's the point if you are not going to back it up with the necessary wages. Hot air.

Just like Mr Stewarts "top 10 of the championship"...hot air.

crashbang
30-08-2014, 07:04 PM

It's easy to make a bid. But what's the point if you are not going to back it up with the necessary wages. Hot air.

Just like Mr Stewarts "top 10 of the championship"...hot air.[/quote]

Stoopidist post of the year.

sy2006
30-08-2014, 07:17 PM
Dee Dar interview - view external link (https://audioboo.fm/boos/2436252-rufc-boss-steve-evans?utm_campaign=detailpage&utm_content=retweet&utm_medium=social&utm_source=tw)

Donald_Valley
30-08-2014, 07:20 PM

Just like Mr Stewarts "top 10 of the championship"...hot air.[/quote]

Stoopidist post of the year.[/quote]

Dookhead

caytonmiller
30-08-2014, 07:31 PM
linky - view external link (http://audioboo.fm/boos/2436252-rufc-boss-steve-evans?utm_campaign=detailpage&utm_content=retweet&utm_medium=social&utm_source=tw)

Barnsley_Miller
30-08-2014, 07:45 PM
Stevie did right, maybe the interviewer did bore the wrath of the big man :D

oh and Giddings is a Prat!

Derbymiller
30-08-2014, 07:46 PM
I thought Evans was out of order, he needs to calm down and show some class, the questions were fair.
Also he watched a different game to me, we were second best most of the game, they were sharper, better organised and deserved the win. Evans team selection and tactics were awful, only good thing I can say he realised what everybody else knew and took frecks and revell off they were both awful in the first half. Of and to help out, when you have a player that has a wonderful left foot don't play him out of position on the right

speedm
30-08-2014, 08:08 PM
I thought Evans was out of order, he needs to calm down and show some class, the questions were fair.
Also he watched a different game to me, we were second best most of the game, they were sharper, better organised and deserved the win. Evans team selection and tactics were awful, only good thing I can say he realised what everybody else knew and took frecks and revell off they were both awful in the first half. Of and to help out, when you have a player that has a wonderful left foot don't play him out of position on the right
Agree with most of the above. Don't think we were second best though, if we'd had our shooting boots on we could quite easily have scored three or four today.
Evans needs to grow up and answer the questions put to him with a bit of honesty without throwing the dolly out of the pram everytime he doesn't agree with them.
We need to play with more width and sharper passing, just like Brentford did, and when

Barnsley_Miller
30-08-2014, 08:10 PM
We were Awesome Today :P

kevthemaltbymiller
30-08-2014, 08:15 PM

Frecks picked up an injury just before half time. I think that's why he was actually subbed. However he wasn't having the best of games.

Derbymiller
30-08-2014, 08:41 PM
i think frecks has been wonderful for us but at the moment he is having a tough time and needs to be dropped and given time to see if he can step up.

millavanilla
31-08-2014, 10:33 AM
I'm not surprised he's getting frustrated. He pulls Dicko and Tavs from obscurity and then the Board won't stump up. He goes all out to get Stevie May and the Board won't stump up.

Mr Stewart, you wanted Championship football and he has given it you. You have the home end pretty much full and you talked about the Top 10 of the Championship. It's time to show the colour of your money unless you want to be back in League one.

Donald, im not saying youre wrong, we all know what youre saying about not stumping up, but like it or not, we're a small club compared to almost all the teams in this division...staying up and beating sheffield wendy and, with a bit of luck, a few quid from an FA cup run will be good enough for me...enjoy these times, history says they dont last that long for us...look at the wendys...not much in front of us and theyve all surfaced from the cracks and crevice's telling us how good they are ...

gwru
31-08-2014, 10:52 AM
i think frecks has been wonderful for us but at the moment he is having a tough time and needs to be dropped and given time to see if he can step up.

Sooner seen Newton come on yesterday. Remember when Ronnie Moore was manager 1st time he said before they brought a player in they had him watched at least 6 games. Wordsworth they can't have seen him much, doesn't even look like a footballer to me, another Tidser games to fast for him. Smallwood needs somebody with some drive, speed with him. Agree Pringle on the right doesn't work. Whats Brandy doing here, well out his depth.

Don't think it was Giddings interviewing S E

AdidasSantiago
31-08-2014, 01:38 PM
Just letting you all know that it was Derm Tanner doing the interview not Gidds.

Barnsley_Miller
31-08-2014, 04:07 PM
Just letting you all know that it was Derm Tanner doing the interview not Gidds.

It was his reaction after the interview m8

Dranny
31-08-2014, 04:26 PM
Thought Giddings' reaction was pretty much the same as mine.

Evans went mental at nothing.

ida
31-08-2014, 06:53 PM
I think if a reporter had said to a top pre manager, "Hey! So they just don't want to come to arsenal, Chelsea, Man u, Liverpool, etc then no one would think twice if those respective managers were offended. SE, is trying to protect the image of the club. What's wrong with passion in defending our good.

rodcurrie
31-08-2014, 07:00 PM

I'm sure someone can post the interview for us all to hear again...of course Giddings the soft w****r had to put his two penneth on the end being smart about Evans having a bad day at the office etc...what a prize p.rick he is![/quote]

correct ..[/quote]i don't like giddins either but i think owd stevie was at fault,the reporter was derm tanner(not a radio sheff regular)and has far as i could see he didn't sya owt to warrant the

gramiller1959
31-08-2014, 07:11 PM

correct ..[/quote]i don't like giddins either but i think owd stevie was at fault,the reporter was derm tanner(not a radio sheff regular)and has far a

rodcurrie
31-08-2014, 07:36 PM

correct ..[/quote]i don't like giddins either but i think owd stevie was at fault,the reporter was

millerman_in_newyork
31-08-2014, 08:19 PM
Always enjoy listening to SE being interviewed because he is full of passion and charisma towards the club. The only exception to this is when he's interviewed after a defeat and always seems to blame the ref and his views on the game are far too bias to have any credibility.

I didn't agree that we battered them from start to finish-I thought it was a decent away performance from them and they got lucky that our finishing let us down and I didn't think the ref helped them win.

Not a problem to me that we lost as we are making progress and have come a long way fast. SE is a hero now with what he's done and Would much rather hear him accept defeat graciously while still keeping the enthusiasm as we move forward.

Guess he's feeling the pressure when he needlessly snapped at what seemed a trivial comment but I have every confidence in him and was angered by the post that he's out of his depth. He's done more than enough to prove his worth and long may it continue.