PDA

View Full Version : Good performance lacking confidence...keep the faith

ghost_of_dusty_m
30-08-2014, 05:11 PM
Overall I left the ground quite happy with how we played today - though listening to some I might be the only one.

First half we passed the ball well, looked quite solid and was denied by the woodwork and an off the line clearance. IMO we were unlucky to go in one down...but that's football.

In the second half we again passed the ball well and looked reasonably solid. 2 - 0 isn't a true reflection of the game but 'points win prizes'. There are good foundations to build on and it's a long season. Posts pointing to league 1 now are as premature as ones pointing to the premier league if we had won our first 5. We look like a team that is just missing that rub of the green and maybe the last piece of the jigsaw. There was evidence for me on that pitch that we can stay up.

Now the negative...

We look a different team psychologically in the final third. We seem to lack that confidence to have a crack, to take a chance with the arrogance of thought that 'if I miss this one I'll finish th

TMiller
30-08-2014, 05:35 PM
[quote="ghost_of_dusty_m"]Overall I left the ground quite happy with how we played today - though listening to some I might be the only one.

First half we passed the ball well, looked quite solid and was denied by the woodwork and an off the line clearance. IMO we were unlucky to go in one down...but that's football.

In the second half we again passed the ball well and looked reasonably solid. 2 - 0 isn't a true reflection of the game but 'points win prizes'. There are good foundations to build on and it's a long season. Posts pointing to league 1 now are as premature as ones pointing to the premier league if we had won our first 5. We look like a team that is just missing that rub of the green and maybe the last piece of the jigsaw. There was evidence for me on that pitch that we can stay up.

Now the negative...

We look a different team psychologically in the final third. We seem to lack that confidence to have a crack, to take a chance with the arroga

Ellis_D
31-08-2014, 01:14 PM
We definitely someone to start scoring. As much as I love Revell - and I do love Revell- he will never be the goalscorer we need at this level.

Will Derbyshire or Bowery? I hope so.

We didn't play bad yesterday, we dominated the first half but just couldn't score and you have to take your chances at this level.

I can see Evans bringing in another striker, definitely.