PDA

View Full Version : Summary

Donald_Valley
30-08-2014, 05:56 PM
My few thoughts after today:

1) The only signings we have made of any quality this summer are Smallwood and Taylor.

2) Wood looked ok and is better than Claude but nothing special.

3) Playing Broadfoot at home is a joke. He can't get forward unless he sets off too early and then gets woefully out of position.

4) Arnie is class

5) Lets stop wasting time trying to sign the likes of Bamford. He's never coming here.

a123
30-08-2014, 06:19 PM
Agree with items 1 to 4.

Don't agree with point 5 we have got to add some more class in the attacking third of the pitch or we are in for a long season.

We need to find this seasons Dicko, problem is all the other teams in this league are as well.

rolymiller
30-08-2014, 06:23 PM
Dicko was a one off and even if we were to getsomeone of that ilk we wouldnt hang on to him very long..

ghost_of_dusty_m
30-08-2014, 06:40 PM

1) The only signings we have made of any quality this summer are Smallwood and Taylor.

Green??
Taylor??

Harsh on wood. Thought he looked better than Morgan. Didn't need to wrestle every player

3) Playing Broadfoot at home is a joke. He can't get forward unless he sets off too early and then gets woefully out of position.

Agree. Can only play skarz or Broadfoot. In an ideal world Brindley and Sadler would be good enough. Not sure they are but one of them has to get the nod if we play 442

4) Arnie is class

Yes - though still annoying at times. Standing still with his hand. In the air a la Tony Adams for their first goal. Play to the whistle man. When I was at Trevor swifts he would have gone mental at us for doing that.

5) Lets stop wasting time trying to sign the likes of Bamford. He's never coming here.

Bamford or anoth

niamh999
30-08-2014, 06:51 PM

4) Arnie is class

I thought wood had a good game to be hones and would be happy withany combination of him arnie or morgan . Scarz is looking quite steady aswell broadfoot is clearly not a fullback so why not play brindley he cant be any worse

Donald_Valley
30-08-2014, 07:02 PM
Agree with items 1 to 4.

Don't agree with point 5 we have got to add some more class in the attacking third of the pitch or we are in for a long season.

We need to find this seasons Dicko, problem is all the other teams in this league are as well.

I think Bamford is class don't get me wrong. But he's a know quantity and we can't compete with the likes of Middlesborough. Evans would be better off looking for a hidden gem like was Dicko.

ExeterMiller
30-08-2014, 09:08 PM
Agree entirely with OP.

Think the get em in by truck load method, pick out the 2-3 then ship out the rest aint gonna work this time.

Upset too many.

Derbyshire & Bowery are utter shyte. Frecks & Prings are just not firing with the changes asked of them from last season.

No pace out wide, centre half at right back is now getting tiring, admirable from Broadfoot though.

I refer to a post previously im worried at the mental impact the lack of goals will have long term, it will start eating away soon

Barnsley_Miller
30-08-2014, 09:19 PM
Mrs BM enjoyed the Game but wasnt impressed with the result!

After lots of Millers pressure, Brentford scrambling the ball away and the ball just not running our way she turned to me and said "Why cant it just go in" Sums my Girl up :heart:

We live to fight another Day :)

UTM

gazisamiller
30-08-2014, 10:20 PM
I thought Wood had a good game to say he wouldn't have been expecting to start the game before Morgan got injured.

He won every header and seemed to read the game fairly well. Never got the wrong side of his man which is where Morgan has been picking up bookings, and was fairly decent with the ball at his feet.

We could do much worse.