PDA

View Full Version : Toothless...

Brin
30-08-2014, 06:10 PM
We are void of scoring and today were not impressive in most parts of the game... a lot of scrambling in midfield with no end product...

Listening to the Gaffer on Dee Dar radio with comments of ''We battered 'em from start to finish'... 'We were superb'...really Steve really?

I'll get a retaliation for my post but i don't give a frig and I'll say it as it is...

Pringle and Frecklington...simply need to wake up and interject some of the pace guts and guile they showed last season...simply both are clearly off the pace and not good enough in this league...ok so Pringle hits one in the first half that was unlucky not to go in and the rest of his game? Frecks found out and subbed says it all...

Bowery...we've had our pants pulled down on this one..400,000...not been on the pitch 10 minutes and he's holding his hand up apologising for being offside and stopping a potential move going forward for us...just not acceptable from such a young fit player who couldn't be a.rsed to get back

Donald_Valley
30-08-2014, 06:12 PM
Spot on

a123
30-08-2014, 06:15 PM
Spot on assessment can't really argue with anything you say.

We are like rabbits in the headlights at the minute when we get around the opposition box and are trying to walk it in. Have a dig once in a while and who knows what might happen.

Still a long way to go but things have got to change from an attacking perspective or we are in for a long slog.

gm_gm
30-08-2014, 06:16 PM
Brin...I said exactly the same, couldn't agree more.

I love freaks and Pringle but they were off the pace today, broad foot is tom newey football doppleganger

gramiller1959
30-08-2014, 06:16 PM
correct ... we have stopped doing what we are good at "attacking" I would rather us lose 5 4 than this boring sh.te.

CAMiller
30-08-2014, 06:18 PM
I thought this was going to be a thread about that bird you pulled last night ;D

Some good point though (the thread not the bird) XD

FeFerFernRodney
30-08-2014, 06:22 PM
Just a point to add you said frecks and pringle
off the pace for this league, can't disagree but the team we played against came up with us last season so today there should have been on the pace.

_GavC_
30-08-2014, 06:26 PM
Agree with above points but think it could have all been different today given a bit more luck, and perhaps not Derbyshire, in front of goal. I still think the team and management staff will learn quickly enough to secure another season in this division. However, my main concern at the minute is how vulnerable we look from our own attacking set pieces such as corners or long throwings, we win a corner and whilst everyone cheers I'm full of dread about the impending counter attack!

Whippet
30-08-2014, 06:35 PM
All fur hat and no knickers...

sy2006
30-08-2014, 06:38 PM
No need for the tin helmet Brin, tha's spot on with everything you say about today.
Getting done on the counter is also a massive worry for me.

merry_miller
30-08-2014, 06:46 PM
Reckon Evans has to take some of the flak for Frecklington & Pringle looking poor misen.

He's playing Pringle out of position & having Frecklington sit far too deep.

Frecklington got double figures last year & this year whenever we are getting the ball in and around the box he's 30-35 yards away instead of edge of the 18 yard box to give him a shout at scoring.

dusty
30-08-2014, 06:49 PM
Agree with all that Brin, time to look at the facts ! We have scored only 2 goals this season.
Pringle, Frecklington, Revs, did brilliant for us for the past 2 years but I'm afraid to say they are out of their depth in the Championship.
I would say Arnie, Taylor and Smallwood are comfortable in this league but the rest are struggling.
I am greatful for TS and SE for a wonderful 2 years but this season will be a long hard slog.

crashbang
30-08-2014, 07:01 PM
Agree Brin, but things will get a lot harder. It is going to be a long season.
That is why we could do without the Boo boys, it does not help.

Brin
30-08-2014, 07:03 PM

I did not boo Crash as it is non productive but they are paid a very good wage for a job they love...we pay their wage and expect to be entertained for what we are not receiving...

ghost_of_dusty_m
30-08-2014, 07:05 PM
Agree with a lot of what you put but...

Bowery has only had about 40mins league time. I do think its time to give him a run. 40mins is a little quick to decide if we have had our pants pulled on us.

League one talk is a little early. We have good foundations in that side, a side with 5 new starters in the side and 3 newbies off the bench so they will need time to gel. There was some good solid football played today. Also a little rub on the green and those that hit the wood work go in and we win today...we just need to start taking those chances.

Sit down...
Have a bevy...
We're not in the bottom 3...
Remember we are a work in progress and in SE we trust...
Up the millers...

sy2006
30-08-2014, 07:06 PM
Personally i'd rather see us have a real go at sides and maybe take a hiding or two along the way, up to now we play negative football and too much tippy tappy **** for my liking.

CAMiller
30-08-2014, 07:07 PM

I agree Crash. We have come a long way in a couple of years and everyone said this season would be one of consolidation and survival. On the bright side we are 17th, 5 points above relegation and have a better goal difference than all but one of the teams below us.

Edit - and the 5 teams we have played are all in the top 8.

rolymiller
30-08-2014, 07:09 PM
Thought the defence would be our weak point this season but to be fair they have been very reasonable..we havent looked like we would be taken to the cleaners by anyone so far ...

Brin
30-08-2014, 07:15 PM

Bowery has only had about 40mins league time. I do think its time to give him a run. 40mins is a little quick to decide if we have had our pants pulled on us.

League one talk is a little early. We have good foundations in that side, a side with 5 new starters in the side and 3 newbies off the bench so they will need time to gel. There was some good solid football played today. Also a little rub on the green and those that hit the wood work go in and we win today...we just need to start taking those chances.

Sit down...
Have a bevy...
Up the millers...

I'm sat down...
Don't need a bevy..
You're right but we're close to the bottom 3...
We are WIP and I do trust in SE...today it was those who played i didn't like the performance of...and how many newbies did Brentford have in their side today and sti

Barnsley_Miller
30-08-2014, 07:30 PM
Brin you say it how we (most anyway) saw it today m8 Todays displayt was a bit disjointed and frustrating to watch at times :blue:

Im sure SE will sort things out sooner rather than later, things will get better m8 we just have to find our feet at this level and settle down.

UTM

LRmiller
30-08-2014, 07:37 PM
Hi Brin!
'Fraid I have to agree with you; we just didn't take our chances today. We have no-one with natural goal scoring ability.

ghost_of_dusty_m
30-08-2014, 07:49 PM

Sit down...
Have a bevy...
Up the millers...

I'm sat down...
Don't need a bevy..
You're right but we're close to the bottom 3...
We are WIP and I do trust in SE...today it was those who played i didn't like the performance of...and how many newbies did

crashbang
30-08-2014, 07:55 PM
http://i59.tinypic.com/2lkp9gy.jpg

jolly_roger
30-08-2014, 08:01 PM
Hmmmmmmmm...well

Pringle...way off pace of the Championship, running round a lot isn't enough, but an asset at 5 a side games

Frecklington - I still think he is carrying a chronic injury

Bowery - I still think we have bought a lemon

Broadfoot - the new whipping boy, jeered for not scoring - he's the right back ffs and doung a good job

Taylor - has he shot an albatross? Very unlucky, missed training due to virus but still MOM

sy2006
30-08-2014, 08:01 PM
Nice pussy fella

Pigeon46
30-08-2014, 10:58 PM
Very Small input
i'm a total Newb to RUFC These days
last time i went was Millmoor in 90's
So i have zero knowledge on RUFC Today

the Early chances 2x Crossbar could have wrapped it up

Midfield was a minefield today

I Loved the Day out with 1 of the Grandkids.

Yes i'll be back - Grandkids been bugging me to book Tickets all night. Charlton.

RUFC Done Mega well. No Relegation = Result

millyTHEmiller
31-08-2014, 12:09 AM
[quote="Brin"]We are void of scoring and today were not impressive in most parts of the game... a lot of scrambling in midfield with no end product...

Listening to the Gaffer on Dee Dar radio with comments of ''We battered 'em from start to finish'... 'We were superb'...really Steve really?

I'll get a retaliation for my post but i don't give a frig and I'll say it as it is...

Pringle and Frecklington...simply need to wake up and interject some of the pace guts and guile they showed last season...simply both are clearly off the pace and not good enough in this league...ok so Pringle hits one in the first half that was unlucky not to go in and the rest of his game? Frecks found out and subbed says it all...

Bowery...we've had our pants pulled down on this one..400,000...not been on the pitch 10 minutes and he's holding his hand up apologising for being offside and stopping a potential move going forward for us...just not acceptable from such a young fit

rufc1986
31-08-2014, 07:52 AM
Where does the figure of 400k come from with Bowrey? I was lead to believe it was nowhere near that!

thrilller_miller
31-08-2014, 07:55 AM
We simply need to sign a goalscorer, and I think we will do okay.

We sorely missed Morgan at the back today, with him back in the team we are more settled, Evans seriously needs to give Brindley a chance because Broadfoot isn't a right back think most people knew that from pre season, after 10 mins opposition wingers have worked him out and are taking biscuit out of him.

With Green, Hall and Richardson back to fitness soon I hope that can up our game

Ericsladkilnhurst
31-08-2014, 12:55 PM
Regarding Bowery's transfer fee from Aston Villa to Rotherham, according to Sky sports tranfer's of in & outs in the Premiership league Villa sold him to us for 250,000.

Don't think he has the quality needed, first saw him come on against Derby away, didn't get into the game then or yesterday, ( Derby manager McClaren said bringing him on has sub for Revell did Derby a favour, because the defence was finding Revell a handful. ).

Frecklington is stuggling in midfield, & needs to sharpen up, along with Pringle, Arnesen is looking the best defender.
In all we have to turn the chances into goals, or we are going to get punished, has we found against Watford & Brentford.

CTMilller
31-08-2014, 08:46 PM
You may well be right, Brin. I can only listen to the games - not watch them - so not well placed to counter what you are saying.

What I do know is that all of our five games have been against teams who are currently setting the pace in this league (2nd, 3rd, 5th, 7th and 8th)and, while we have struggled, we're generally a hard team to beat. We certainly aren't getting hammered every week.

I'd like to see how we do against some of the poorer performers - to get a more cross sectional view of our place in this league. We aren't likely to pull up any trees but there are still arguments for us to perform lower to mid-table - an outcome that would leave me very happy.

BigLadonOS
31-08-2014, 10:09 PM
Honestly cant believe what I'm reading here.

This division is new territory to us and will take time to find our feet and play with confidence.

I cant see a lot wrong with the team at the moment even though we have missed a few chances, not scored as many as we would have liked.

Our top players such as pringle and freks etc are more than good enough for this division and cant understand why some people are saying they aren't? WTF!

I really do expect us to improve more and more with each game.

The team also needs time to gel too.

UTM!