PDA

View Full Version : is evans out of his depth

elvisisamiller
30-08-2014, 08:19 PM
in the championship. some players are being slated as being out of their depth in the championship but is evans out of his depth? we only seem to play one way big boot upto revs when revs goes off the team don't know what to do as there seems to be no plan b. with the players we have surely we can play it about on the floor.was ts to quick in offering evans a 3 year contract so soon after promotion before seeing how he manages in the championship yes we have had 2 good years but is this a step to far,i hope he gets it sorted if not the last 2 years have been for nothing ,but i am glad he got us out of league 2 though

Barnsley_Miller
30-08-2014, 08:21 PM
is evans out of his depth?

No

loyalmiller
30-08-2014, 08:25 PM
Here we go it's started!

I thought it'd be November before we started getting theses types of threads, but I forgot the modern day football fan is far more fickle than they used to be!

Adventus2012
Simply stated, ... NO!!

Greasbroughmiller
No he's not out of his depth. Don't think we've had a bad start at all to be honest and certainly didn't expect to hit the ground running

Barnsley_Miller
30-08-2014, 08:26 PM
Simply stated, ... NO!!

Oi. thats what I said ;D

MarkThomas
30-08-2014, 08:36 PM
Of course he is not out of his depth.

On another day we would have been 3-0 up at halftime.

Brentford's decisive first goal had a huge slice of luck attached to it. The ball ricocheted very kindly to them from a tackle on the halfway line.
Brentford then had the fortune for the ball to go in off the inside of the post - in contrast Taylor hit the underside of the bar and it bounced to safety.

Evans is not responsible for our woeful finishing or our gross bad luck.
We were superb at Millwall and have not deserved to lose to Watford or Brentford.

Derbymiller
30-08-2014, 08:37 PM
no he isn't like all managers he makes mistakes, he is the right man for rotherham united even if we get relegated.

gramiller1959
30-08-2014, 08:43 PM
has he managed in the championship before ? no

is he out of his depth ? silly question ... there are clubs all over the country that would set him on right now !

and quite honestly I would rather go back down with evans than be without him :)

in evans we trust ... end of

Nardendee
30-08-2014, 08:51 PM
5 games two wins. Playing teams with much bigger budgets.

We are not taking our chances at the minute and that is the only problem.

Agard served us well but didn't want to be here. May would have come had we broke the bank but you have to accept that the club has a budget. Tavernier went to Wigan for more money and I see he didn't get on again today.

Players are still finding their feet. Look at it again in another 5 games.

We are just going to have to accept the fact that there are going to be a good number of reverses this season .

I have a lot of confidence in our Chairman and our Manager and am sure things will settle down but whatever happens enjoy the season don't get down hearted.

I have followed the club since 1965 and there have been some good times but a lot more bad times. I used to think we were called Rotherham Nil, not United.

However we have a super stadium a great Chairman and Manager and we are on a long journey and nobody said it would be easy. However, we are

myowzer
30-08-2014, 08:51 PM
in the championship. some players are being slated as being out of their depth in the championship but is evans out of his depth? we only seem to play one way big boot upto revs when revs goes off the team don't know what to do as there seems to be no plan b. with the players we have surely we can play it about on the floor.was ts to quick in offering evans a 3 year contract so soon after promotion before seeing how he manages in the championship yes we have had 2 good years but is this a step to far,i hope he gets it sorted if not the last 2 years have been for nothing ,but i am glad he got us out of league 2 though

lol

martinthemiller1968
31-08-2014, 11:28 AM
No need to panic yet i rather be in our shoes than Blackpool. If Broadfoots header had gone in could have been a totally different game. We just need to get as many points at home and get to 50 points then build on that.Also the crowd needs to get behind the team more it was very quiet yesterday.

Deepmidwinter
31-08-2014, 11:30 AM
Simply stated, ... NO!!

Oi. thats what I said ;D[/quote]

But he said it louder than you

S8_Miller
31-08-2014, 01:14 PM
Err, NO! Best manager we have had in a long long time and I trust him to get it right and comfortably keep us up this season.

Littlest_Hobo
31-08-2014, 01:21 PM
No. Its a big learning curve and he will get their. I would stake a claim that as managers fall by the wayside in the championship this season, he will be on other clubs radar.

merry_miller
31-08-2014, 01:29 PM
Wouldn't suggest he's out of his depth but we do need to accept it's Evans first season in the championship & he will make mistakes/earn from our experience if we can do enough to stay up which will stand him & us in good stead going forward

redhouse
31-08-2014, 03:20 PM

Time to leave the building Elvis :)

crashbang
31-08-2014, 03:22 PM
My spellchecker keeps churning out Multi.

Ellis_D
31-08-2014, 05:05 PM

Clown!

millermanic
31-08-2014, 05:17 PM

Clown![/quote]

You're the clown, he's asking questions, not stating facts or even opinions.

jolly_roger
31-08-2014, 05:38 PM
Is Evans out if his depth? - No

Is the club out of its depth? - Maybe

It's extremely rare for clubs with our attendance levels to survive in the Championship, just about unknown in the Premiership.

Ellis_D
31-08-2014, 07:44 PM

Clown![/quote]

You're the clown, he's asking questions, not stating facts or even opinions.[/quote]

Yes, I'm the clown.

Even asking the question after 5 games "is evans out of his depth" is clownish.

"was ts to quick