PDA

View Full Version : Chip on shoulder...

millyTHEmiller
30-08-2014, 11:54 PM
as title says,most of our fans seem to have this now we are 'big time' in the championship. lets get real we are a small club punching above our weight. we arent going to play fantastic every week. yes i admit we need a striker,but we have our boundries.we cant go out and spend 3 million on a striker. is evans punching above his weight...someone posts???...is he fooook. hes a great manager doin a crackin job on a tight budget.give the lads a break and lets enjoy the season.i am expecting nothing from every game.if we get 1 or 3 points im over the moon. lets not get bigtime and think we should be 'hammering teams like brentford' lets get real fellas.
UTM

Ludlowmiller
31-08-2014, 08:30 AM
Good post, full of common sense and which should shut up many of the brain dead critics who appear like clockwork whenever a glitch appears but who hide in silence when things are going well.

Evans (and TS) are pursuing policies that will ensure our long term survival. Without their prudence we do not have the fan base or financial base to do so.

If the Championship proves a cash cow in which we cannot compete, so be it, lets enjoy our vibrant club in a lower division...LET US NEVER BRUSH WITH THE DON VALLEYS AGAIN OR HAVE THE NEED TO MEET ADMINISTRATORS.

Come on folks...be sensible.

filipefelop
31-08-2014, 09:06 AM
2 posts sensibly written by fans who like myself have obviously been watching the Millers for some time. Having watched us through thin and a lot thinner I am buzzing before every game and as long as we keep giving it our all every week I will be happy. I have only missed the Swansea game so far and have seen many positives in every game. We have a lot to learn obviously, we need to learn to keep possession better and we have to have more confidence in front of goal but hey we have had 2 promotions in 2 seasons and are rightly giving the same players a crack at the championship.
If anyone thought we were going to steamroller this division with the money that's flying around they are loopy.
Enjoy the games and never forget where we were a few short years ago and has been said I do not want us to overspend and risk a repeat of those dark days.
Up the Millers and roll on a weekend in Bournemouth.

millertop
31-08-2014, 10:08 AM
Does that include Evans?

IMO he embarrassed us yesterday with his interview

millavanilla
31-08-2014, 10:48 AM
2 posts sensibly written by fans who like myself have obviously been watching the Millers for some time. Having watched us through thin and a lot thinner I am buzzing before every game and as long as we keep giving it our all every week I will be happy. I have only missed the Swansea game so far and have seen many positives in every game. We have a lot to learn obviously, we need to learn to keep possession better and we have to have more confidence in front of goal but hey we have had 2 promotions in 2 seasons and are rightly giving the same players a crack at the championship.
If anyone thought we were going to steamroller this division with the money that's flying around they are loopy.
Enjoy the games and never forget where we were a few short years ago and has been said I do not want us to overspend and risk a repeat of those dark days.
Up the Millers and roll on a weekend in Bournemouth.

Well said...one of the more sensib

filipefelop
31-08-2014, 01:38 PM
Does that include Evans?

I agree , Evans reaction was totally uncalled for and on the verge of embarrassing.
We did not batter them but on another day with the luck we had against Wolves we could have come away with the points.
I think after a defeat he would do well to let Raynor talk to the press and leave his own interviews to explain how his tactical genius due to his conversations with Sir Alex/ Mourinho/ Paul Ince /Brendan Rogers etc etc has turned a game in our favour. ;D

AdidasSantiago
31-08-2014, 01:50 PM
Does that include Evans?

Not half as embarrassing as the pathetic knee-jerk reactions from some so-called "supporters".

S8_Miller
31-08-2014, 01:54 PM
Does that include Evans?

Personally I prefer to have an Evans type manager who has some passion and the will to win rather than a dour 'rent a cliche' like Gray or Clough who talk for 20 minutes and say f@ck all.

TittleTattle
31-08-2014, 02:51 PM
I am enjoying going to NYS and watching the team I have followed since being a nipper. The last 2 promotions have been brilliant and all I want from this season is to stay in the Championship, but not at any cost.

As people have already said. We are a small club and are always going to be a small club. However, small clubs can and have reached the promised land. You will never tell me Wigan, Barnsley, Swindon etc are big clubs. Yet they have all managed to get there.

Yes we could do with a striker, but any signing is not guaranteed to start banging them in. I do believe when Taylor nets one he will go on from there. We are causing defences in this league problems and creating chances. Don't forget we will have Richardson and green back for our next game. Undoubtedly Green has been our stand out player so far. Unfortunately, Pringle and Frecks are not firing at the moment, but how long does Steve give them?

The last thing i would want is for the club to spend above our means and stil

TimeforAle
31-08-2014, 06:31 PM
Evans out!!!

gramiller1959
31-08-2014, 06:40 PM
[quote="TittleTattle"]I am enjoying going to NYS and watching the team I have followed since being a nipper. The last 2 promotions have been brilliant and all I want from this season is to stay in the Championship, but not at any cost.

As people have already said. We are a small club and are always going to be a small club. However, small clubs can and have reached the promised land. You will never tell me Wigan, Barnsley, Swindon etc are big clubs. Yet they have all managed to get there.

Yes we could do with a striker, but any signing is not guaranteed to start banging them in. I do believe when Taylor nets one he will go on from there. We are causing defences in this league problems and creating chances. Don't forget we will have Richardson and green back for our next game. Undoubtedly Green has been our stand out player so far. Unfortunately, Pringle and Frecks are not firing at the moment, but how long does Steve give them?

The last thing i would want

millyTHEmiller
31-08-2014, 08:53 PM
'is evans out of his depth' my openin post was supposed to say not punchin above his weight

millavanilla
01-09-2014, 05:11 AM
Steve evans has PROVED he is as good a manager or better than weve ever had ...he lives, and breathes the game and is one of the most passionate managers...for that reason, he can be excused the dee dah rant, after all, the three stooges are all dee dahs and have no real interest in rotherham united unless we lose...

Heman
01-09-2014, 07:48 AM
Just look at Saturday's attendances. Our 9k was doubled by most and tripled by a couple. Get real.

For me the biggest problem Saturday was playing an out of form - out of position Pringle in front of an out of position Broadfoot. Backup provided by an out of form Frecks.

We have the ingredients to stay up but the balance of the side was belly up first half. If Arnie wasn't as good as he is we would have been hammered. I love Revell with a passion but I think he should be the impact player, the plan B as the plan A is not working. Plan A is get to nil-nil at half time and then change stuff.

millertop
01-09-2014, 08:04 AM
Does that include Evans?

Personally I prefer to have an Evans type manager who has some passion and the will to win rather than a dour 'rent a cliche' like Gray or Clough who talk for 20 minutes and say f@ck all.[/quote]

Same here but Evans was out of order IMO

Heman
01-09-2014, 08:17 AM
He was - teddy out of cot for one and being highly delighted with our performance where we battered them. I was at a different match. We huffed and puffed but their house was made of brick.

mattsheffmiller23
01-09-2014, 09:27 AM
as title says,most of our fans seem to have this now we are 'big time' in the championship. lets get real we are a small club punching above our weight. we arent going to play fantastic every week. yes i admit we need a striker,but we have our boundries.we cant go out and spend 3 million on a striker. is evans punching above his weight...someone posts???...is he fooook. hes a great manager doin a crackin job on a tight budget.give the lads a break and lets enjoy the season.i am expecting nothing from every game.if we get 1 or 3 points im over the moon. lets not get bigtime and think we should be 'hammering teams like brentford' lets get real fellas.
UTM
Well said, hit the nail flush on the head;D

millertop
01-09-2014, 05:48 PM
Does that include Evans?

It was Tanner that did the interview (someone already pointed it out) I still think it was embarrassing but I now can understand Evans going off on one as I have just seen Tanner tweet twice today about it, clearly trying to stir it up. What a knob he is.

I don't know if true but I've heard he's a Bradford fan.

great_fire
01-09-2014, 06:20 PM
TBH I am now much less confident about staying up, Brentford at home is one of the games we need to win to stay up,almost every other team has more money/ bigger crowds than us.

And another thing, playing long-ball and staying up, I can take that but playing long-ball and going down I would say that's a waste of a season ticket.