PDA

View Full Version : Doom and Gloom already...

HotshotBobbyW
31-08-2014, 01:22 PM
Get a grip 'plastics' we are 17th after 5games and a win yesterday would have put us possibly 7th. A massive difference but not the end of the world...

tivoliman415783
31-08-2014, 01:37 PM
the doom and gloom people (those booing at full time yesterday as a prime example) are embarrassing. We all have our ideas about what would work best but to boo and plant the seeds of negativity within the stadium is ridiculous.

In reality, we are in a league of rotherham, huddersfield, blackpool, birmingham, leeds, bolton and wednesday. when we consider that most of these have played in the premier league, cup finals and champions league over the last decade or so it shows what we are up against. Forget the other teams in the league - we are miles off them yet.

if we come 4th bottom of this league this season that will twice the achievement of promotion last year.

people need to grow up and realise supporting a proper football team is not just about winning and as much as we can all say we need to play like this, like that etc we are against 11 other players that are more often than not better at it than we are and it will be a long slog to finish above 3 teams.

caytonmiller
31-08-2014, 02:03 PM
[quote="tivoliman415783"]the doom and gloom people (those booing at full time yesterday as a prime example) are embarrassing. We all have our ideas about what would work best but to boo and plant the seeds of negativity within the stadium is ridiculous.

In reality, we are in a league of rotherham, huddersfield, blackpool, birmingham, leeds, bolton and wednesday. when we consider that most of these have played in the premier league, cup finals and champions league over the last decade or so it shows what we are up against. Forget the other teams in the league - we are miles off them yet.

if we come 4th bottom of this league this season that will twice the achievement of promotion last year.

people need to grow up and realise supporting a proper football team is not just about winning and as much as we can all say we need to play like this, like that etc we are against 11 other players that are more often than not better at it than we are and it will be a l

tivoliman415783
31-08-2014, 02:17 PM
opinions are fine - thats part of football and is part of the enjoyment of watching. If there negative views then that too is fine if people think we could do better.

however, and the main point of what im saying, is that i guarantee booing at full time (and there were quite a few yesterday) because we have lost is wrong and only makes it harder for the team to turn things around.

There seems to be quite a bit of slagging Evans for playing pringle on the right. Was not the same criticism when he did the same at Millwall which got us the 3 points. Sometimes things work, sometimes they don't.

I think there were a few things wrong yesterday. the shape seemed wrong second half and we lost Taylor by putting him in the crowded center. Brandy centrally was strange too and didn't work. HOWEVER, just because you have an opinion doesnt' mean it needs to be put across by booing and slagging players in the ground as that ruins the atmosphere and makes it harder to win

jolly_roger
31-08-2014, 02:34 PM
Evans out ;D

18MILLERS84
31-08-2014, 02:43 PM
Once we start to score (and we will ) every thing will be just fine !

HotshotBobbyW
31-08-2014, 02:53 PM
I don't see booing as such a big deal the players love the applause for a good performance and therefore they should be made aware of a bad one, i don't believe it is a negative response either quite the opposite as it sends a clear message to the players that it wasn't good enough and therefore they should then try their best prove their worth not to mention the twenty plus pound you've just shelled out. To applause a bad performance is so so negative as it sends the message to the players that regardless of performance it's ok.

djsld
31-08-2014, 02:56 PM
Once we start to score (and we will ) every thing will be just fine !

Well said that man.

I'm tired of all the negativity to be honest. What would they all be saying if all of the near misses would have gone in ? Absolutely nothing.. Not a peep...could quite easily have been 3-1 yesterday.

I think it all boils down to the fact that over the last couple of seasons, if we went a couple of goals down, we knew that we were still well in the game and would put pressure on until the final whistle, more than likely getting 3 ...

In Steve we trust, once we start firing the goals in, confidence will grow and grow and it will all be calm again... The Millersmad tumble weeds will re-appear.

King Steve has publicly stated that he wants a winger and a striker, he will work tirelessly until he gets what he needs...

4th bottom at the end of the season will be just fine for me in the mean time thank you very much...

UTM