PDA

View Full Version : Neil Richardson

jvmiller
01-09-2014, 12:04 PM
I can only imagine hours and minutes spent by people on here sat wondering what on earth former Rotherham defender Neil Richardson is up to after his playing career.

Luckily, here I am to the rescue. All you have to do is read this, an article from Saturday's match programme, to find out!

Any Butch memories out there? Obviously when he went in goal at Shrewsbury is one. I also remember a cracking free-kick in a 2-2 draw with Cambridge at Millmoor. - view external link (http://bit.ly/1lE47A7)

LiverDamage
01-09-2014, 12:14 PM
Remember when Niall Quinn was instrumental in getting him sent off when we played Sunderland in the cup,forget what year.UTM

clarkey1974
01-09-2014, 12:26 PM
Whenever i here his i always remember that shot from the halfway line he had at preston on the awful 1g plastic pitch,which bounced down off the bar just infront of the line and came out,with they're goalkeeper alan kelly seemingly playing twister and didn't have a clue.!.

Also remember him going face to face and almost planting a head-butt on referee david allison(who is now in charge of referee's,says it all) at mansfield one year after he turned down a blatant penalty on clive mendonca.!.

jolly_roger
01-09-2014, 12:29 PM
Had a quick chat to him at the Watford game, seems to have a scouting role for Liverpool.

michaeldc
01-09-2014, 10:32 PM
I have lots of fond memories of Butch, especially that Shrewsbury game and his thumbs up to the crowd after being reminded not to forget the 6 second rule for keepers!

Sadly some of my good feelings towards him were tarnished when he returned with Mansfield and upon them scoring turned to the Millers crowd to goad them. I thought he would've shown a little more class in such circumstances and was disappointed he didn't.

ExeterMiller
01-09-2014, 10:55 PM
His exploits against Kevin Francis of Stockport (remember him??!!) were worth the ticket price alone :D

David versus Goliath

And butch mostly came out on top

MarkThomas
01-09-2014, 11:17 PM
Neil was a real warrior for us, a proper heart on the sleeve Rotherham till I die man.