PDA

View Full Version : Club colours

pstotto
01-09-2014, 04:31 PM
OK. Claret and blue, but what claret and blue? Certainly not the colours of the Cricket Field end. Who chose that colour scheme? It's a very dark claret and completely the wrong shade of blue and too dark.
One would have thought there would be some consistency, I think the claret and blue of Villa Park to be more Burnley than this; a lighter claret and a sky blue. Now I'm sure that most clarets fans have had scarves given to them from the various generations of their family that have supported Burnley over the years. My scarves are not consistent in their colour. There's probably the exact Pantone colours that the club could sort out, so that once and for all, there is an official Burnley claret and blue.

jetblackcat
01-09-2014, 04:38 PM
Claret 222 Blue 2905 and has been for the last few years. Compared with previous seasons/shirt manufacturers I think the claret is too dull and brownish and the blue too pale

pstotto
01-09-2014, 04:42 PM
How do you know that? Is this a 'recognized' official thing? If that is the case then why did they not use these colours to redecorate Turf Moor?
Incidentally,if anyone can put these colours up on screen for debate, it would be appreciated.

jetblackcat
01-09-2014, 04:46 PM
I can't recall exactly from where I got the info. It may be something I got from Daz Bentley once upon a time.

pstotto
01-09-2014, 04:50 PM
I just Googled this and there's a twitter reply from @Burrnley official that says those are indeed the Pantone colours.

bfcjon
01-09-2014, 04:52 PM
The board pulled a crafty one,...they new the colours were not right,..

But then thought,...carry on painting chaps,.. Iv"e kept the receipt,...We will get our money back,... :D :D

It"s not that bad,..The Burnley sun will tone it down ...;D

pstotto
01-09-2014, 04:56 PM
I found the blue 2905 on the web and it looks about right, though absolutely nothing like the colours they've painted Turf Moor. I couldn't find claret 222 as yet. Can someone post them?

Bin_Ont_Turf
01-09-2014, 05:00 PM
The colours are going to look different because the paint has gone on wood.

enola_gay
01-09-2014, 05:00 PM
Try here, gives you the RGB codes too.

pstotto
01-09-2014, 05:44 PM
Binont, the blue they've painted the seats with never started out as Blue 2905. Painting on wood doesn't change the colour like that. Obviously a colour onscreen is going to be more vibrant, but that blue is a different blue altogether.

leedsdave
02-09-2014, 03:46 PM
Slightly off topic but still concerned with the club colours is this:

My daughter got married on Saturday. The groom is a Leeds United supporter (well, follower). He had us all wearing white shirts, royal blue ties and yellow "button-hole flowers. Just before family photographs were taken after the reception meal, a lady guest persuaded her husband to lend me his claret tie. I then found a blue flower in one of the table displays and put that in my button-hole. To put the icing on the cake my wife's cousin presented me with a club beany hat.

aggi
02-09-2014, 04:43 PM
Incidentally,if anyone can put these colours up on screen for debate, it would be appreciated.

Everyone's screen is going to be a bit different so it wouldn't mean that much. (I have two identical screens at home connected to the same PC and even they had different colour settings when I set them up).

pstotto
02-09-2014, 06:56 PM
I always look at objects to see how far claret and blue can actually be seen to be so, from almost blackcurrant and grey at one end of the spectrum. Copper beech trees are a sort of claret and I've seen conifer trees almost blue.

1972Claret
02-09-2014, 07:12 PM
"I think the claret and blue of Villa Park to be more Burnley than this" not surprising seeing that we copied Villa after they won the League.

"Burnley changed their colours from green to the claret and sky blue of Aston Villa, the most successful club in England at the time, for the 191011 season."

Bullabill
03-09-2014, 08:18 AM
Who gives a stuff about Claret and Blue as the club colours?
The club doesn't!
If the colours had any real meaning, any traditional significance they would be worn at every possible opportunity, and only forsaken when there is a genuine clash of strips in an away fixture. To see the 'Clarets' playing in black against a team in white is a bluddy joke.

NottsClaret
03-09-2014, 08:26 AM
International breaks throw up some cracking debates on here.