PDA

View Full Version : Argentina flag

gorky
01-09-2014, 10:39 PM
Would look good in the north stand.

Have we ever had an Argentine at the club before?

millavanilla
01-09-2014, 10:42 PM
Danny bergara ?

Ellis_D
01-09-2014, 10:44 PM
Danny Bergara is Uruguayan.

And I think it would be disgraceful for anyone to fly the Argentina flag at NYS!

clarkey1974
01-09-2014, 10:45 PM
Danny bergara ?

no he was from Uruguay.!.

jolly_roger
01-09-2014, 10:48 PM
Tin of Frey Bentos corned beef?

gorky
01-09-2014, 10:58 PM

And I think it would be disgraceful for anyone to fly the Argentina flag at NYS!

You need to move on Ellis! Boca Juniors flag then?

Ellis_D
01-09-2014, 11:00 PM

You need to move on Ellis! Boca Juniors flag then?[/quote]

While Argentina still display such hostility towards us over The Falklands, I will never move on!

rojo
01-09-2014, 11:18 PM
The Malvinas Were given to Argentina when they achieved independance from Spain by Spain. The British simply stole the so called falklands isles in the 19th century. Historically politically and geographically, the islands belong to Argentina.

Ellis_D
01-09-2014, 11:28 PM
The Malvinas Were given to Argentina when they achieved independance from Spain by Spain. The British simply stole the so called falklands isles in the 19th century. Historically politically and geographically, the islands belong to Argentina.

F00king hell. Too late for yet another political debate as I'm going to bed. But we landed on The Falklands in 1690, a long time before the first Spanish.

We were the first nation to successfully establish a colony there.

The people of The Falklands wish to remain British - ergo, they are British.

yorktownmiller
02-09-2014, 12:46 AM
The Spanish word 'Malvinas' is a corruption of the French word 'Malouines'. The original European settlers of the Islands were fishermen from St. Malo, France. Argentina has never ever had sovereignty over the Islands.

The Spanish settlers on the Islands were kicked out in ca. 1832 by the US Navy, not the Royal Navy. The British stole nothing. The islands were settled in the 1840s by British farmers and fishermen. Thus the Falkland Islands have been a British Dependency longer than Texas has been part of the US. Both territories were settled under similar circumstances.

If you believe that the Falklands are Argentinian, then you should also argue that Texas is part of Mexico. Should you wish to press home this point in any bar from San Antonio to Austin to Dallas to Houston, I suggest you come well armed and have your last will and testament in good order.

Chris_147
02-09-2014, 01:12 AM
Extremely excited to see our first Argentine player playing and (hopefully) scoring at the New York stadium, but I must agree that an Argentine flag might not be the best idea in an English football ground given the current situation over on the Falklands and would be seen as poor taste by almost everybody I would assume.

Maybe a personalised song or some other thing to show our appreciation for Becchio if he bangs them in for the Millers.

CAMiller
02-09-2014, 03:42 AM
We moved on from the Cod wars to fly the Iceland flag for Arnie so why can't we do the same here. Fish and chips took a real battering in the 1970s.

millavanilla
02-09-2014, 04:16 AM
Danny bergara ?

no he was from Uruguay.!.[/quote]

Ok ta, wasnt sure ...

ida
02-09-2014, 04:18 AM
Cam, I think they actually outplayed us and deserved the win. If we'd have used our possession better and been more lethal in front of the net then it would have been a different story we were reading in the morning chip paper.

Heman
02-09-2014, 06:18 AM
The cod wars aren't still ongoing though.

I went to Cuba last year and had the pleasure of debating the malivinas or Falklands with 2 argies. Although the debate could have gone wrong we concluded that many good men on both sides died needlessly due to politics and the unwillingness of politicians to talk.

Then they invaded. And rightly we defended. I pointed out to them that their politicians only ever bring the Falklands up to deflect issues. Sure enough they declared a nonpayment on bonds soon after. On the geography I said that Argentina is closer to Chile and we are closer to France so that is a non argument.

By the end of the fortnight we were calling each other hermano which means brother in Spanish. He was an Argie Malvinas veteran and I changed his views using dialogue. He changed mine too.

RedAnt
02-09-2014, 07:17 AM

While Argentina still display such hostility towards us over The Falklands, I will never move on![/quote]

So will you be protesting that we have an Argentine player, or will you cheer when he scores? You certainly seem to have a conflict of interests with this signing.

rolymiller
02-09-2014, 07:47 AM
Ellis appears to be a one man nation. Heseems tto like everybody being exactly like him.same colour same religion, same politics probably same jumper. Of course you can't have an Argie flag.i'm a bit concerned myself because my great grandad was Irish so he might want to send me back as well.

sawmiller
02-09-2014, 08:08 AM
On reading this I wonder why any player who isn't a 'White Christian Anglo Saxon' would want to sign for us...

shock, horror, all Brits have at least 2% African DNA in them - perhaps we should all go back to the Rift Valley in East Africa?

:/

rolymiller
02-09-2014, 08:20 AM
Yep get checking that family tree Ellis you never know you might be from Argie stock..if you are it's the first plane back to buenos aires my friend then you cam fight the Brits for the malvinas.bit ironic eh.

Ellis_D
02-09-2014, 08:29 AM

While Argentina still display such hostility towards us over The Falklands, I will never move on![/quote]

So will you be protesting that we have an Argentine player, or will you cheer when he scores? You certainly seem to have a conflict of interests with this signing.[/quote]

Of course I will be cheering when he scores! He will get my full unwavering 100% support, as does every Miller. I have NO conflict of interests with this signing.

My problem lies with their government, not their footballers. And that extends to their flag. I think it would be in awful taste to have their flag flying at NYS.

Ellis_D
02-09-2014, 08:33 AM
Ellis appears to be a one man nation. Heseems tto like everybody being exactly like him.same colour same religion, same politics probably same jumper. Of course you can't have an Argie flag.i'm a bit concerned myself because my great grandad was Irish so he might want to send me back as well.

I have NEVER on here - or anywhere else - belittled someone or spoke unfavourably of someone because of their skin colour. But you just keep making those things up to suit your agenda. As I said, you are one of those people who claims someone is racist if they dare to speak out against Islam. That is fine, bothers me not.

I don't have a religion, I don't wear jumpers, and I love listening to different viewpoints regarding politics.

I love the fact some people agree with me, some people are at the othe rend of the scale to me, and some sit somewhere in the middle.

It makes for good debate. But it doesn't mean I wouldn't argue the toss and

millertop
02-09-2014, 08:35 AM
It's about time the Mods banned these idiots that don't know how to read the opening post

millersontour
02-09-2014, 08:45 AM
Would look good in the north stand.

Have we ever had an Argentine at the club before?

not on my shift will i tolerate a flag of a country who in their minds are still at war with us ...and im not a violent person ..but no no no.

millersontour
02-09-2014, 08:47 AM

F00king hell. Too late for yet another political debate as I'm going to bed. But we landed on The Falklands in 1690, a long time before the first Spanish.

We were the first nation to successfully establish a colony there.

The people of The Falklands wish to remain British - ergo, they are British.[/quote]

im with you on this pal.

Ellis_D
02-09-2014, 08:52 AM
It's about time the Mods banned these idiots that don't know how to read the opening post

Who are you suggesting doesn't know how to read the opening post? Judging by all the responses, I would suggest everyone has read it correctly...

... Except perhaps you...

great_fire
02-09-2014, 08:59 AM
Argentinian players were pictured holding up a banner saying "Las Malvinas belongs to Argentina" or similar just before the World Cup so I don't think it's "in the past".

Ellis_D
02-09-2014, 09:01 AM
[quote="great_fire".[/quote]

Yes, but I'm sure it's me just being racist again.

calumwhite
02-09-2014, 12:41 PM
Perhaps not a flag in the ground but I'm tempted to get a cheap Argie' shirt to wear until the new shirts arrive in the club shop.

fivetide
02-09-2014, 01:08 PM
I was surprised that sponsors allowed global commodities like Messi to get involved with that shameful stunt at the World Cup and more so that so little was made of it.

Cheer the chap on, not his fault and he probably doesn't give a fig but I'm in the no camp when it comes to putting up an Argentina flag. They have caused nothing but issues for us in that part of the world and are actively lobbying other countries to disrupt British shipping in the area.

ZIPPY64
02-09-2014, 04:26 PM
One good reason NOT to have an Argentina flag on display...

...It's bluddy Blue and White stripes. >:( >:-(

S8_Miller
02-09-2014, 04:31 PM
One good reason NOT to have an Argentina flag on display...

...It's bluddy Blue and White stripes. >:( >:-(

Well said zip, common sense prevails.

rolymiller
02-09-2014, 04:31 PM
Yep the English...best race in the world..hmm didnt Hitler say something similar about the German race? ...er..oh dear I forgot that they ended up getting the shi t kicked out of em when they tried to force that opinion upon the world..it would be well to remember we are a race of people floating on a little lump of muck in the Atlantic ocean with a miniscule prportion of the worlds population..we have no right to claim superiority like some do on here over any fecker...

Ellis_D
02-09-2014, 04:42 PM
Yep the English...best race in the world..hmm didnt Hitler say something similar about the German race? ...er..oh dear I forgot that they ended up getting the shi t kicked out of em when they tried to force that opinion upon the world..it would be well to remember we are a race of people floating on a little lump of muck in the Atlantic ocean with a miniscule prportion of the worlds population..we have no right to claim superiority like some do on here over any fecker...

Who is trying to force that opinion upon the world?

Is this roly telling yet more lies? You should be a politician, you lie constantly, you twist things to suit your agenda and you talk utter ****e. You would fit in well in the Labour party. Why don't you run for local elections, I am sure they will need some new councillors in the not too distant future.

Deepmidwinter
02-09-2014, 04:43 PM
I think Lee Frecklington was born in Argentina

rolymiller
02-09-2014, 04:56 PM
I like it from the King of Bullsh it himself..You should win awards for the rubbish you spout on here. If it wasnt so disgusting it would be laughable..be a good lad and go and crawl back under your stone...

Time to ban this plank methinks mods before you get bother from footymad with his comments

calumwhite
02-09-2014, 05:06 PM
Just to clarify there is no such thing as the 'English Race' you numpty. XD X-D

rolymiller
02-09-2014, 05:13 PM
True Callum it was a comment for that duck egg. Ishould have put speech marks round race ;-)

calumwhite
02-09-2014, 05:15 PM
Fair enough mate.
Makes me laugh when people say it though.

Ellis_D
02-09-2014, 05:35 PM
I like it from the King of Bullsh it himself..You should win awards for the rubbish you spout on here. If it wasnt so disgusting it would be laughable..be a good lad and go and crawl back under your stone...

Time to ban this plank methinks mods before you get bother from footymad with his comments

The things I say that you call bullsh it are usually things that you don't understand, or have no knowledge of.

You have said I am talking rubbish when all I have done is posted quotes from the Qu'ran or Hadiths, things that are factually correct.

And then you have tried to twist every comment I have made into a racist one, despite me pointing out on several occasions that is not what I said.

And then you further this pathetic finger pointing by crying to the mods, "Oh please ban him."

Not a court in the land, even one supported by the pandering to the Muslim community SYP could convict me of any offence for anything I have said on

rolymiller
02-09-2014, 05:39 PM
tic toc

Brin
02-09-2014, 06:22 PM
On reading this I wonder why any player who isn't a 'White Christian Anglo Saxon' would want to sign for us...

shock, horror, all Brits have at least 2% African DNA in them - perhaps we should all go back to the Rift Valley in East Africa?

:/

So that's why I've got this great thing hanging down :D ...I feed it mints n' apples and call it Dobbin...:P

Deepmidwinter
02-09-2014, 06:23 PM
The Argies can't seriously expect us to give them the Malverns

gorky
02-09-2014, 06:25 PM
We moved on from the Cod wars to fly the Iceland flag for Arnie so why can't we do the same here. Fish and chips took a real battering in the 1970s.

After trawling through all the replies I find this. He's just on a fishing trip with that comment. I'm not biting.

stormmiller
02-09-2014, 06:59 PM
what a strange idea he's on loan we havn't even signed him.
A better use of your pocket money would be to buy a george cross with a millers badge in the middle a flag for all seasons!
(unless your buying it to burn in which case i'll bring the lighter!)

wathrufc
03-09-2014, 07:41 PM
Dont wanna see one of these anywere near nys

malvinas inglaterra

Barnsley_Miller
03-09-2014, 07:46 PM
Could be useful when the toilet paper runs out :D

KerrAvon
03-09-2014, 08:21 PM

And I think it would be disgraceful for anyone to fly the Argentina flag at NYS!Fascinating. You discount the Holocaust as an indicator that your view that Christians are 'nicer' might be a bit off target, because it happened 70 odd years ago, but get hot under the collar over a conflict that happened 32 years ago.

Ellis_D
03-09-2014, 09:06 PM

And I think it would be disgraceful for anyone to fly the Argentina flag at NYS!Fascinating. You discount the Holocaust as an indicator that your view that Christians are 'nicer' might be a bit off target, because it happened 70 odd years ago, but get hot under the collar over a conflict that happened 32 years ago.[/quote]

32 years is short enough to be in the memory of most people, 70 odd isn't.

Plus, my view on that is also down to Argentina's continued stance on the Falklands - as highlighted by their footballers at the World Cup and their President, Cristina Fernandez in recent years. Bullying tactics.

Plus, I don't see the Holocaust as an act of Christianity. I see it as the actions of a mad man hell bent on world domination, who according to LOADS of leading historians and written evidence had given up his Christian faith and was in fact an Atheis

fivetide
03-09-2014, 09:21 PM

Wow, pessimistic much?

We are a member of the G8. We are one of the richest and best developed countries in the world.

You might not think it but it is still a great thing to be born under the British flag.

KerrAvon
03-09-2014, 09:41 PM

And I think it would be disgraceful for anyone to fly the Argentina flag at NYS!Fascinating. You discount the Holocaust as an indicator that your view that Christians are 'nicer' might be a bit off target, because it happened 70 odd years ago, but get hot under the collar over a conflict that happened 32 years ago.[/quote]

Plus, my view on that is also down to Argentina's continued stance on the Falklands - as highlighted by their footballers at the World Cup and their President, Cristina Fernandez in recent years. Bullying tactics.

Plus, I don't see the Holocaust as an act of Christianity. I see it as the actions of a mad man hell bent on world domination, who according to LOADS of leading historians and written evidence had given up

gorky
03-09-2014, 10:08 PM
Come on now people, this thread was meant to be taken with a Pinochet of salt.

Ellis_D
03-09-2014, 10:10 PM

Plus, I don't see the Holocaust as an act of Christianity. I see it as the actions of a mad man hell bent on world domination, who according to LOADS of leading

stormmiller
04-09-2014, 01:20 AM
Kerr you use srebrenica in your arguement like many before you as though somehow it was a one sided conflict where only muslims were killed because you read it somewhere well let me put you straight it was a three way war with each side as bad as one another and just as evil trust me i know! - view external link (http://youtu.be/LEvAimfqdYE)