PDA

View Full Version : Becchio signing

stonewaller
02-09-2014, 09:05 AM
Woke up this morning and looked on hotel main computer in Crete, was amazed at our two signings.
Set the hotel screensaver on "Becchio joins Millers".
Was great watching all the foreigners reading our headlines before logging on!.
Start spreading the news...eh?.

vespabri
02-09-2014, 10:13 AM
Becchio"s a great signing imo.
Never seen anything of Jonson Clarke Harris to make a judgement but apparently he"s also a cracking signing with bags of potential.
Bri"s more confident now thank god.

portsmouthmiller
02-09-2014, 01:11 PM
It's now on at work in Switzerland. Germans, Dutch, Swiss and Italians. Where else can we put it up?

gm_gm
02-09-2014, 01:15 PM
Its a wow signing for us.

Well done Evans in pulling Bechio off...if thats what it took to sign him

crashbang
02-09-2014, 01:34 PM
I'd like to know how , or what part of his wage we pay.
He was on 20 Grand a week.:O
Great effort from the club.

rolymiller
02-09-2014, 03:07 PM
Dee dar saying we have Becchio till Jan with the option of an extension. Does that mean if he is banging em in for us that Norwich cant call him back in Jan unless we say so..

Rev72
02-09-2014, 03:09 PM
Was awesome for us..great goal scoring record.
Just a shame he let greed rule his head when he went to narwich..2 years wasted for him there.

Good luck to the lad.

jolly_roger
02-09-2014, 03:12 PM
What makes me smile is how many of our resident armchair managers had predicted the signing of Becchio XD

rawmarshred
02-09-2014, 03:19 PM
Great effort from the club.Why?, what difference does it make?. He has been signed to score goals which the guy will do. I am almost certain that mr Stewart and mr Douglas are better business men than you and that Mr. Evans is a better football manager than you, apologies if I am wrong, so just sit back and enjoy it and stop worrying about things that don't concern you.

rolymiller
02-09-2014, 03:22 PM
Listened to the full interview on rob staton twitter. Stevie intimating that a "very local side" had been after Becchio..could that have been the pigs I hope so after the Stevie May affair...big club my ar se!

deMiller
02-09-2014, 03:32 PM
[quote="rolymiller" had been after Becchio..could that have been the pigs I hope so after the Stevie May affair...big club my ar se![/quote]

Leeds were after him and thought they had got him and that's why they sold Matt Smith.
He changed to be a Miller at the last minute.

Rev72
02-09-2014, 03:33 PM
Leeds were after him and thought they had got him and that's why they sold Matt Smith.

XD XD XD

fivetide
02-09-2014, 03:54 PM

Matt Smith? Lucky he didn't change to Peter Capaldi then!

Mind that might have happened if Leeds have been told to eff off! :)

crashbang
02-09-2014, 03:54 PM
Great effort from the club.Why?, what difference does it make?. He has been signed to score goals which the guy will do. I am almost certain that mr Stewart and mr Douglas are better business men than you and that Mr. Evans is a better football manager than you, apologies if I am wrong, so just sit back and enjoy it and stop worrying about things that don't concern you.[/quote]

Hey , they do concern me, we have a wage structure to keep the club afloat.
I have seen a lot of managers Think they spend well, and it goes tits up..
Last season EVERY club in the championship was in debt.
Iv'e seen us go through three admins.
So Yes I do worry pal.

rawmarshred
02-09-2014, 03:57 PM
Great effort from the club.Why?, what difference does it make?. He has been signed to score goals which the guy will do. I am almost certain that mr Stewart and mr Douglas are better business men than you and that Mr. Evans is a better football manager than you, apologies if I am wrong, so just sit back and enjoy it and stop worrying about things that don't concern you.[/quote]

So Yes I do worry pal.[/quote] Worry about your gas/electric/phone/car bills etc etc. Let TS worry about his monthly wage bill.

crashbang
02-09-2014, 04:02 PM

So Yes I do worry pal.[/quote] Worry about your gas/electric/phone/car bills etc et

Galant
02-09-2014, 04:08 PM
Grabban and Alfie sell-ons, championship sponsorship, Play off and Wembley money and Agard fee - close to 5 million in and only 250,000 and about 300,000 out for 2 strikers - I think the chairman has money for wages.

crashbang
02-09-2014, 04:09 PM
Grabban and Alfie sell-ons, championship sponsorship, Play off and Wembley money and Agard fee - close to 5 million in and only 250,000 and about 300,000 out for 2 strikers - I think the chairman has money for wages.

Thanks for that Gallant.

Redshank
02-09-2014, 04:15 PM
This well and truly puts the Stevie May saga to bed. I'd rather have these two any day :)

Well done to SE and all concerned :)

rolymiller
02-09-2014, 04:22 PM
Yep and with a bit of luck May will end up like the lad who went to the Blunts last season and did feck all. Can picture em now in a few weeks time on Dee Dar:

Pig fan: why did we sign that May hes useless...It would be priceless..;-)

fivetide
02-09-2014, 04:35 PM
This well and truly puts the Stevie May saga to bed. I'd rather have these two any day :)

Well done to SE and all concerned :)

To be fair, May seems to have scored a decent goal for them, Owls going annoyingly well.

Clarke-Harris seems to be very much the same style of player SE was looking for in May except he admits tring to sign him from posh. If that's the case, May was a back-up Clarke-Harris anyway and SE finally got his man.

rawmarshred
02-09-2014, 04:36 PM

So Yes I do worry pal.[/quote] Worry

crashbang
02-09-2014, 04:48 PM
Yep and with a bit of luck May will end up like the lad who went to the Blunts last season and did feck all. Can picture em now in a few weeks time on Dee Dar:

Pig fan: why did we sign that May hes useless...It would be priceless..;-)

Evans also said "Some VERY local teams were also after him"
Would have been a pain if we were outdone again.

Amanda_Hugg_n_Kiss
02-09-2014, 05:11 PM
I said from the off that I thought May was too big of risk for that kind of money and now we've spent a lot less on someone with the same amount of potential from what I've read about them both. Really happy with the signing, add Becchio to that and I'm absolutely buzzing.

Ellis_D
02-09-2014, 05:30 PM
I said from the off that I thought May was too big of risk for that kind of money and now we've spent a lot less on someone with the same amount of potential from what I've read about them both. Really happy with the signing, add Becchio to that and I'm absolutely buzzing.

I thought the same. May could well have turned into the best player we've ever had, but I had my doubts.

And the fact the fee would have absolutely smashed our record would have put pressure on him to succeed and be our best ever player. Not a risk worth taking at that price.

gwru
02-09-2014, 05:41 PM
Clarke-Harris is our record signing. Would be nice to know how much he cost. 400,000 grand. What's the secret.

crashbang
02-09-2014, 05:46 PM
Clarke-Harris is our record signing. Would be nice to know how much he cost. 400,000 grand. What's the secret.

Don't let rawmarshred see that.
Whats it to do with you?
Fek off leave it to evans.

Ellis_D
02-09-2014, 05:59 PM

Don't let rawmarshred see that.
Whats it to do with you?
Fek off leave it to evans.[/quote]

Yeah it annoyes me when we always see undisclosed fees. It's partly our ticket money and money spent on merchandising, surely we have a right to know how much players cost us or are sold for.

yorkbee
02-09-2014, 09:26 PM
Im not here to brag about last Saturday...

I hope Bechhio works out for you along with the lad from Oldham. I admit Im not a fan of your manager especially after his rant on Saturday after the game but Im glad you came up with us and hope like us you survive in the Championship. You did the job on us last season in the same way we did the job on you on Saturday. As for the chants on Saturday I didnt take part but to let you know Hogan has sustained a career threatening injury which for a 20 year old is devastating thanks for clapping him off. and BTW we dont like Atwell Either. good luck for the rest of the season especially against Fulham. And see you at our place

mattyrufc
03-09-2014, 12:38 PM
Crash, Rawmarsh red has a point. Evans doesnt control the purse strings, Tony Stewart does. Tony Stewart has built a massive business empire and is a multi-millionaire. Are you seriously worrying that he might be spending money he hasnt got? Are you seriously worrying hes going to spend so much he will bankrupt himself? Absolutely laughable

roscoemiller
03-09-2014, 01:52 PM
doesnt control the purse strings, Tony Stewart does. Tony Stewart has built a massive business empire and is a multi-millionaire. Are you seriously worrying that he might be spending money he hasnt got? Are you seriously worrying hes going to spend so much he will bankrupt himself? Absolutely laughable[/quote]

Why do our supporters keep going on about the millions TS has put in to the Millers... Where is the proof ??? Its mostly Rotherham rate payers that have coughed up the funds for him to get us to where we are today.

Dont get me wrong I have to take my hat off to him for the sheer brilliance of his achievements and have to thank him immensely for his business sense which has put us there but for crying out loud clever business people DO NOT USE THEIR OWN MONEY FACT.

He is a wealthy man but doesn't have the kind of money most supporters believe just look at his company accounts.

[quote="mattyrufc"]Crash, Rawmarsh red has a point. Evans

mattyrufc
05-09-2014, 12:36 PM
doesnt control the purse strings, Tony Stewart does. Tony Stewart has built a massive business empire and is a multi-millionaire. Are you seriously worrying that he might be spending money he hasnt got? Are you seriously worrying hes going to spend so much he will bankrupt himself? Absolutely laughable

Why do our supporters keep going on about the millions TS has put in to the Millers... Where is the proof ??? Its mostly Rotherham rate payers that have coughed up the funds for him to get us to where we are today.

Dont get me wrong I have to take my hat off to him for the sheer brilliance of his achievements and have to thank him immensely for his business sense which has put us there but for crying out loud clever business people DO NOT USE THEIR OWN MONEY FACT.

He is a wealthy man but doesn't have the kind of money most supporters believe just look at his company accounts.

[quote="mattyrufc"]C

thewhites
10-09-2014, 08:12 PM
Leeds fan here
Unfortunately that statement you made is not true. No evidence,infact its the first Ive heard of it. We sold Matt Smith because we were overrun with strikers upfront,although I would have kept him. We were never back in for Becchio. He had a great few years with us and he was never given a crack at Norwich. There is question whether he will repeat the form though like he did at Leeds but it is a positive signing for you and I wish him well. Becchio (like Beckford) will always get the upmost respect when visiting Elland Road,