PDA

View Full Version : Who will Steve Evans pick?

Paul_Davis_(Millers_
08-09-2014, 06:51 AM
Major piece in today's Star to keep you going until the football starts again. How Millers manager Steve Evans will go about selecting his next team. - view external link (bit.ly/WwPQsI)

TimeforAle
08-09-2014, 10:05 AM
I'll have a pint of what you're on mate...I think your eyes were telling you lies at Millwall, it was nothing like how you describe and was pretty tame really.

I would be absolutely amazed if Becchio doesn't start at Bournemouth, and that would be based purely on what he's done before, not what he does this week! Evans may say one thing, but we all know he does what he wants...

Other than that another good article! ;-)

...oh, I'm not sure about the Bowery Premiership pedigree bitt though! lol

millertop
08-09-2014, 11:36 AM
Evans gave last season players a go and yes some deserved it and still do But now it's time to go with his head (yes I keep saying it ) and put the best squad out.

I don't think we have seen the best yet and hoping after this break that Evans has found his best starting line up and now they can start to read each other and do the best they can.

One up front sometimes yes but not every game and not Revell on his own.

TimeforAle
08-09-2014, 11:58 AM
Evans gave last season players a go and yes some deserved it and still do But now it's time to go with his head (yes I keep saying it ) and put the best squad out.

I don't think we have seen the best yet and hoping after this break that Evans has found his best starting line up and now they can start to read each other and do the best they can.

One up front sometimes yes but not every game and not Revell on his own.

I agree with this.

Suprisingly though, I've been Revell's biggest critic, but I do actually think he and Becchio together could be absolutely awesome!!

ExeterMiller
08-09-2014, 02:05 PM
'Bent in a worldie' for Brentford's opening goal?

I enjoy these articles but as time passes they're getting more blinkered every time. 'Amassed 6 points' it says, like that is a huge sum. On the other side of the coin our points average = relegation battle, you're really creating hype where it's not warranted.

While the OP was saying 6 points from 4 games, I was saying we don't score first and we're screwed. Unlike last season where we thought we'd score against anyone, even if that took until the 95th minute, so far this season that mindset has gone completely. I hope to god these 2 strikers know where the net is because we are in dire need, and lets not forget the most illustrious of those will be going back in January, even if he does well.

If Stevie wants to see a difference see Scotland at Germany last night. 1st half was just like us - totally scared, 2nd half is what we could be if we start concerning ourselves with our own game rather than being frightened to death of ye

Donald_Valley
08-09-2014, 02:26 PM
[quote="ExeterMiller"]'Bent in a worldie' for Brentford's opening goal?

I enjoy these articles but as time passes they're getting more blinkered every time. 'Amassed 6 points' it says, like that is a huge sum. On the other side of the coin our points average = relegation battle, you're really creating hype where it's not warranted.

While the OP was saying 6 points from 4 games, I was saying we don't score first and we're screwed. Unlike last season where we thought we'd score against anyone, even if that took until the 95th minute, so far this season that mindset has gone completely. I hope to god these 2 strikers know where the net is because we are in dire need, and lets not forget the most illustrious of those will be going back in January, even if he does well.

If Stevie wants to see a difference see Scotland at Germany last night. 1st half was just like us - totally scared, 2nd half is what we could be if we start concerning ourselves with our ow

TimeforAle
08-09-2014, 02:32 PM
[quote="Donald_Valley"]'Bent in a worldie' for Brentford's opening goal?

If Stevie wants to see a difference see Scotland at Germany last night. 1st half was just like us - totally scared, 2nd half is what we co

gorky
08-09-2014, 06:52 PM
Nice article Paul, I've been enjoying reading them. Seems more analytical on the whole than what you usually get with the local papers.

I think the luck that you mention against Brentford, and the fine line between winning and losing in this league is being addressed by Evans. I've seen all but Millwall and I think we have grown in confidence with every game. I just think we lacked that bit of quality in front of goal. Brandy feigned a shot and slid the ball into the box when he came on and I think we need more quick and clever play around the box like that to open up defences. I'm fairly confident Becchio will address that. It's no good going gungho as suggested further up, it would be rare to lose 5-4. More likely you are three down at half time and then the opposition close ranks and at this level, don't give you a sniff.