PDA

View Full Version : Switzerland v England

Ellis_D
08-09-2014, 05:17 PM
What are everyone else's views on the game tonight?

Mine, for what they are worth. I'm annoyed it's on a Monday night, it is ridiculous. It was bad enough last season with Friday night games, but Monday?! What was wrong with having it on Saturday?

Anyway, to the game. With Studger being out, I think we will struggle to score. I hope I am wrong, but I really fear for the worst tonight. The performance against Norway was abject, the World Cup was dire, and this is the worst England team I have ever seen (I am 30).

I predict a 2 or 3 goal win for Switzerland.

Can anyone offer a more positive view? :( :( :( :( :(

millmoormagic
08-09-2014, 05:23 PM
2-1, bit better than yours, but we still lose..., for what it's worth, we should accept that this England team is definitely rebuilding, and the youngsters have to be played, and be supported regardless of the short term scores...

redhouse
08-09-2014, 05:30 PM
I think we will get a draw :)

gramiller1959
08-09-2014, 05:30 PM
1 1 draw and the press hound turnip head hodgson :)

great_fire
08-09-2014, 05:39 PM
Don't know if they're a better team than us but the rankings show that and don't think we've got anyone as good as Shaqiri in our team.

Ellis_D
08-09-2014, 06:13 PM

I don't think he would be hounded for that. I think a 1-1 draw would be a great result for us. It is the hardest game in the group, so it would be an excellent start.

And to the earlier poster, yes, we do have to accept that. We also have to accept that we are nothing like the team of 66 or 90 or 96, or even 02. We are terrible now, and we should be delighted when we scrape 2-1 wins at home to Slovenia, or get a 1-0 win in Estonia.

Norway are our level. Switzerland are a class above that. I think we will struggle to win this group, but should at least finish second.

Hopefully Wayne Rooney will ram my words down my throat, but he hasn't looked world class for England since 2004.

And Danny Wel**** is a joke. Never an international class striker.

Ellis_D
08-09-2014, 06:18 PM
Delph starts?! What?! With Welsh!t and Jones in too, we are in trouble.

redhouse
08-09-2014, 06:19 PM

I don't think he would be hounded for that. I think a 1-1 draw would be a great result for us. It is the hardest game in the group, so it would be an excellent start.

And to the earlier poster, yes, we do have to accept that. We also have to accept that we are nothing like the team of 66 or 90 or 96, or even 02. We are terrible now, and we should be delighted when we scrape 2-1 wins at home to Slovenia, or get a 1-0 win in Estonia.

Norway are our level. Switzerland are a class above that. I think we will struggle to win this group, but should at least finish second.

Hopefully Wayne Rooney will ram my words down my throat, but he hasn't looked world class for England since 2004.

And Danny Wel**** is a joke. Never an international class striker.[/quote]

Didn't know beck was a swear word :D

shshsh22
08-09-2014, 06:30 PM
Well the beers ****.

Brin
08-09-2014, 06:37 PM
I've backed us to win...:D

sawmiller
08-09-2014, 06:41 PM
With the side being played I would take a point to be honest

say 1-1 and we get a lucky goal or own goal...

Brin
08-09-2014, 06:43 PM
I've also gone for Spain to thrash FYR Macedonia 6,7,8,9,or 10 nil...

It has been done before so why not have a larf and see what happens...

gramiller1959
08-09-2014, 06:45 PM
if it all goes t.ts up extreme fishing is on quest at 8pm >:) >:-)

djsld
08-09-2014, 06:53 PM

Yes, at least Carlton Palmer isn't in the side!

gramiller1959
08-09-2014, 06:55 PM

Yes, at least Carlton Palmer isn't in the side![/quote]

OR CHRIS WADDLE XD but delph is :(

sawmiller
08-09-2014, 07:00 PM
Delph just got booked. Now they are picking Championship players, how about adding value onto some of our squad Roy and picking some of our lads? pity our defence isn't all Ingerlish though...

Ellis_D
08-09-2014, 07:32 PM
We should be winning, we have been unlucky. I can't believe it, we have played really well.

Switzerland though, are very negative. It's like they have somehow got it in their heads that we are a good side.

Ellis_D
08-09-2014, 07:32 PM

Yes, at least Carlton Palmer isn't in the side![/quote]

MASSIVE positive. Thanks for that!

CAMiller
08-09-2014, 07:37 PM
Now I know how far I am detached from the English game as there must be 5-6 players on the England team sheet/bench that I've never heard of :blue:

gramiller1959
if we accept a draw against the swiss as being a good result we really have become a sh.t footballing nation :(

Brin
I've also gone for Spain to thrash FYR Macedonia 6,7,8,9,or 10 nil...

It has been done before so why not have a larf and see what happens...

Bleedin Spain...they've let one in >:( >:( >:( >:(

3-1

CAMiller
08-09-2014, 07:42 PM
if we accept a draw against the swiss as being a good result we really have become a sh.t footballing nation :(

They've come a long way since the days of making clocks, army knives and putting holes in cheese gra. On the other hand so have we since the days of Banks, Moore and Charlton. It's just that the journeys have been in opposite directions XD

Amanda_Hugg_n_Kiss
08-09-2014, 07:54 PM
I don't give toss. That's my views regarding England ATM.

Let us know when we have a squad of players who'll run through brick walls for us, I'll start giving a toss when they do.

sawmiller
08-09-2014, 08:08 PM
Welbeck 1-0

good on 'em...

Brin
08-09-2014, 08:22 PM
It's coming...can see them scoring...would love another Rooney penalty though to get my bet up...

Ellis_D
08-09-2014, 08:36 PM
It's coming...can see them scoring...would love another Rooney penalty though to get my bet up...

Well done Brin, 2/1, was it?

I can't believe we have won, excellent performance. We deserved the win and that's the hardest game of the group, so I am very happy. Great result. And Danny Welsh!t completes it at the end!!!!! :D :D :D :D :D

Brin
08-09-2014, 08:39 PM

Well done Brin, 2/1, was it?

I can't believe we have won, excellent performance. We deserved the win and that's the hardest game of the group, so I am very happy. Great result. And Danny Welsh!t completes it at the end!!!!! :D :D :D :D :D[/quote]

All you disbelievers..phft!

Amanadahugsandkisses...grab a cocoa and get off to bed...XD

Well done on what was a hard tie considering what we sent out on the turf...Fabian Deplh...err no thanks ...get a grip Roy!

gramiller1959
08-09-2014, 08:43 PM

thank god at least webeck was playing :P

sawmiller
08-09-2014, 08:46 PM
Won 2-0

very good result that one - well done fellas and Roy as well

redhouse
08-09-2014, 08:50 PM
Won 2-0

very good result that one - well done fellas and Roy as well

What he said credit where it's due :)

Ellis_D
08-09-2014, 08:58 PM

thank god at least webe

Barnsley_Miller
08-09-2014, 09:01 PM
Im going for a 0-2 win for the Young Lions ;)

jolly_roger
08-09-2014, 09:02 PM
Oh no, we've won one, they're all going to get massive again.

gramiller1959
08-09-2014, 09:11 PM

every time i said agard was sh.te he scored :) lets hope it works for the new millers strikers

Hopefully Wayne Rooney will ram my words down my throat, but he hasn't l

Barnsley_Miller
08-09-2014, 09:15 PM
Have we scored yet? O:)

Geetarman
08-09-2014, 09:16 PM

How does the humble pie taste?

Ellis_D
08-09-2014, 11:14 PM

How does the humble pie taste?[/quote]

Absolutely fantastic, thanks! I hope I can continue to slag him off and he wins us the Euros or World Cup!