PDA

View Full Version : Will YES turn to NO?

SlideySam
10-09-2014, 04:23 PM
Will YES turn to NO for many voters when they get in the voting booth and get scared about change?

It's possible many who today say to pollsters that they will vote yes will actually vote NO when it comes to putting their scratch on a ballot.

YES must do more. A 50-50 tie in the polls will be a NO victory on voting day.

We need to see a ten point margin in the polls for YES to assure victory.

AguyIknow
10-09-2014, 04:34 PM
Maybe. I think the bigger problem isn't people losing their bottle in the polling booth, it's people not bothering to vote.

Even if you're a NO voter, you should go out and vote. This is a HUGE issue for Scotland and it should be compulsary to vote imho. If you want to spoil your vote then so be it but go out and use that Ballot.

neilo
10-09-2014, 08:13 PM
Will YES turn to NO for many voters when they get in the voting booth and get scared about change?

It's possible many who today say to pollsters that they will vote yes will actually vote NO when it comes to putting their scratch on a ballot.
ry.

Correct, that's why I've been so confident all along with my 62%+ NO prediction.

The fact is people need to know what they are voting for. There isn't one single guarantee with a Yes vote...Christ even getting rid of the Tories isn't guaranteed with a Yes vote as it looks like the plan would be a currency union which would give them even more control control than they have now!

AguyIknow
11-09-2014, 09:14 AM
Correct, that's why I've been so confident all along with my 62%+ NO prediction.

The fact is people need to know what they are voting for. There isn't one single guarantee with a Yes vote...Christ even getting rid of the Tories isn't guaranteed with a Yes vote as it looks like the plan would be a currency union which would give them even more control control than they have now!

Of course there aren't guarantees with YES neilo. But you've seen what even written guarantees are worth from the WM politicians.

DevoMax I think would have romped home had it been an option on the ballot paper but WM refused to put it there. Now that the vote got tight they've ignored the purdah and decided to offer DevoMax - or rather a TIMETABLE.

There's no guarantees with NO or with YES but the people urging a NO have been shown as inveterate liars for decades. I don't think the YES side could possibly be any worse than them and they could well be a l

stewarty27
11-09-2014, 10:17 AM
YES will win 53% -47%, The fact is the polls are neck and neck, So if Survation say there is a 47% Yes, 53% No, what they mean is that there is probably 44% – 50% Yes and 50% – 56% No. That is well within the margin of error, It was the same with that Yougov poll which put Yes in front,When you take into account the uncertainty, this 6% No lead is really just a neck-and-neck poll the same as YouGov’s 2% Yes lead, TNS’s dead heat, and Panelbase’s 4% No lead. So I keep saying this there is a massive unknown force at work here, 25% of those who will vote on the 18th have never voted before these people are NOT polled, Its widely believed most of these folk are from poorer/deprived area's can anyone really see them voting No ? 53%-47% Yes,

crewedaft
11-09-2014, 11:22 AM
Just a quick question.

What if the result is 49.9% Yes, 49.8% No, and 0.3% spoilt papers.

Is that a win for Yes or do they need to get at least 50% +1 of the votes cast?

Katfrommandoo
11-09-2014, 02:27 PM

Of course there aren't guarantees with YES neilo. But you've seen what even written guarantees are worth from the WM politicians.

DevoMax I think would have romped home had it been an option on the ballot paper but WM refused to put it there. Now that the vote got tight they've ignored the purdah and decided to offer DevoMax - or rather a TIMETABLE.

There's no guarantees with NO or with YES but the people urging a NO have been shown as inveterate liars for decades. I don't think the YES side could possibly be

AguyIknow
11-09-2014, 03:46 PM
Just a quick question.

What if the result is 49.9% Yes, 49.8% No, and 0.3% spoilt papers.

Is that a win for Yes or do they need to get at least 50% +1 of the votes cast?

It's not 50%+1 of the votes cast, it's 50%+1 of the VALID votes cast. Spoilt papers will be discounted before the 50%+1 quota is calculated