PDA

View Full Version : George Boyd

ClaretAWH
13-09-2014, 06:54 PM
When we signed him, I thought perfect, and I read a few comments about him not tracking back and gets caught on his heels a lot. Well to say has not had much game time in the last 12 months. Thought his first 60 minutes were fantastic and might just be what we need. Some of his play and thought process left some of our players behind and when his fitness increases I can't wait to see the if he becomes our magician in unlocking defences. :D

UTC

clentclaret
13-09-2014, 06:56 PM
Totally agree. Not his biggest fan but did well, faded but to be expected. Better than Taylor

BobLordsFridge
13-09-2014, 07:25 PM
The virtue the Hull fans pushed the most about him was his work ethic.

Notrigsbyscat
13-09-2014, 07:27 PM
Taylor more a central midfielder for me. George Boyd is what we didn't get from Treacey, stan and Wallace. Needs match fitness and he's a perfect balance to arfield

Bin_Ont_Turf
13-09-2014, 07:38 PM
Heavy touches, poor passing and not getting it o'er in't box quick enough, let him down in that first half.

I was impressed with him though and he has a little bit more quality which our other wingers don't have.

I always had it in my head that he was a lazy fancy dan. I shall put that pointy hat with a 'D' on it at once.

Rowls
13-09-2014, 07:39 PM
Thought he looked good first half and faded a lot second half.

Look forward to seeing him once as fit as the rest of the squad.

CincyClaret
13-09-2014, 08:03 PM
Considering it was his first competitive game with our lads, i thought he had a great game overall. Put in some great tackles which is always nice to see and the lad looks keen as mustard as some would say. Once he gets himself to match fit and finds his touch he will be a handful for many defenses this season.Glad we splashed the cash on him, looks exactly what we where looking for in the midfield.

CombatClaret
13-09-2014, 08:13 PM
He looked very good/lively in the first half, agree faded in the second.

As well as some creativity I also think we looked much more ambidextrous. Its obvious teams have been briefed on Trippier and are looking to shut him down when he gets forward, Boyd gives us more options down the left and takes some preassure away from Trippier.

mkmel
13-09-2014, 08:34 PM
Well I thought that he was excellent in the first half not just good but understandably faded in the second half as I don't think he's played hardly any football yet this season.

ClaretAWH
13-09-2014, 08:46 PM
Apologies for not researching but does anyone know what he is like playing in the hole ? Just thinking while we have our injury issues, but to be fair I though sordel found another gearbox not just another gear today

Morgan
13-09-2014, 11:38 PM
He was excellent today. Anyone saying otherwise either wasn't there, or don't know their ar$e from their elbow.

HatfieldClaret
14-09-2014, 09:28 AM
MotM for me, hope he can keep that up every game.

Reall impressed with Mee too. Took some flack for the season started but has shown that, so far, is up to it.

VinRogue
14-09-2014, 09:36 AM
I too thought he had a great start to his career with us, looked like Eagles but that is where the similarities ended. He tackled back and was able to put his foot in when needed. Makes the bench look a lot stronger now when you think we also have the two loanees. We perhaps need a song for Saturday??

Boliclaret
14-09-2014, 09:43 AM
His tracking back and overall involvement were invaluable over the 90 mins, especially 1st half.

I'm convinced we'd have gone in trailing at HT if he hadn't have been on the pitch.

claretspice
14-09-2014, 10:50 AM
Promising debut. Unquestionably got a bit of quality about him, a super touch and the sort of balance and poise which marks out a classy operator. But he also worked hard and got stuck in and its easy to see why Dyche thought he was a good fit for the famous 'framework'.

He did tire, and ironically as the team improved, he faded. It was a surprise that he didn't come off after 70 minutes.

All that said, for all the nice touches, I don't recall him beating his full back or producing a dangerous ball once in the game, and first viewing does seem to confirm the view that he's not an answer to the lack of pace and direct running in our wide midfield options.

Overall though, suggested he'll be a decent enough addition to the group.

Jamb0MackemClaret
14-09-2014, 10:59 AM
He was excellent in the first half, faded a bit in the second but we played more down the right wing after the break. Was also surprised we didn't take him off for some fresh legs, but the options on our bench aren't particularly exciting.

His final ball and decision making could have been better, but his workrate was terrific and he probably made more tackles than anyone on the pitch.

treadmillclaret
14-09-2014, 11:00 AM
Some interesting historical threads on this board about Boyd.

He's had a pretty decent career and played very well yesterday - tired in last 20 especially.

Good signing and definitely improves our first eleven.