PDA

View Full Version : Advice to Steve Evans

kempo
17-09-2014, 09:16 AM
I love this club and can help you out of this situation so listen up.

Get Loach in...Collin has done ok but ok is not enough in this league...His punching is atrocious and is a liability..not only last night...it's the norm.

Derbyshire has done it at a better level...get him to see a sports psychologist and get his head right...He just cannot be this bad.

Do not sign players who are not fit...we cannot keep dropping points trying to get them match fit.

Give up on poor old Revs...it's a step too far for the lad.

Ditch the long ball...I feel embarrassed when I see it in this division...it's not appropriate.

Brin
17-09-2014, 09:22 AM
Give up on Revs? The same player who provided the ball for Bowery to score...maybe Revs is fed up of being a bench warmer whist the likes of useless Derbyshire start in front of him...

Wouldn't be surprised later in the season if Revs puts in a transfer request...

riccallmiller
17-09-2014, 09:41 AM
Have a word with yourself Kempo. Your ego is out of control. What experience have you got managing in the championship?

kempo
17-09-2014, 09:55 AM
Have a word with yourself Kempo. Your ego is out of control. What experience have you got managing in the championship?

So you are saying that none of us can have an opinion unless we have managed in the Championship.

I have watched football for more years than Steve...I have observed tactics and outcomes and conclude that the long ball game does not work at this level...that's why no other team plays it.

On fitness...it's an obvious one really...we are playing an unfit strikers who are not striking.

On Derbyshire...I have a medical degree and know more about psychology than Steve...Derbyshire is lacking in confidence and would benefit from some positive psychological input from a specialty that has evidenced based success and is used worldwide by the worlds most successful sportsmen and women.

On Revs...I have no special skills or experience other than watching a lot of football and he isn't a decent Championship striker.

Brin
17-09-2014, 10:06 AM

So you are saying that none of us can have an opinion unless we have managed in the Championship.

I have watched football for more years than Steve...I have observed tactics and outcomes and conclude that the long ball game does not work at this level...that's why no other team plays it.

On fitness...it's an obvious one really...we are playing an unfit strikers who are not striking.

On Derbyshire...I have a medical degree and know more about psychology than Steve...Derbyshire is lacking in confidence and would benefit from some positive psychological input from a specialty that has evidenced based success and is used worldwide by the worlds most successful sportsmen and women.

On Revs...I have no special skills or experience other than watching a lot of football

dmentor
17-09-2014, 10:07 AM
You can have an opinion Kempo,but i dont think Steve Evans needs your advice.

kempo
17-09-2014, 10:18 AM
You can have an opinion Kempo,but i dont think Steve Evans needs your advice.

You are mixing up wants and needs.

ColinRUFC
17-09-2014, 10:23 AM
I'll give you 2.5 out of 5 for those opinions kempo.

dmentor
17-09-2014, 10:35 AM
Let's just say he dosen't want or need your advice then shall we,let that be an end to it please.

jolly_roger
17-09-2014, 10:37 AM
Advice to Steve Evans

Plan A

Don't read this message board

Plan B

If you do then ignore everything that is posted

gwru
17-09-2014, 10:46 AM
Steve Evans said this not word for word but its near to what he said. There's no players in our dressing room on a lot more money than other players.

Like Kempo I've been watching RUFC a long time since 1965. We've got a budget but what is the point of having players here who are just re-jects or to old who aren't going to last there contract out. When we could have had the likes of Tavernier here. Players would have to deal with certain players being on more money than them. We are not increasing budget just going for quality rather than quantity.

Only players we've brought in who I feel are good enough are Loach, Wood, Broadfoot [ at centre back ] Smallwood, Newton, Swift, Bowery & Clarke- Harris. We've got no right backs good enough. Only other players good enough Collins, Skarz, Arnason, Morgan, Frecklington, Pringle & Revell. You can send Taylor & Wordsworth back to Ipswich & Becchio back to Norwich.

What made us good last season manager is losing it. We need Frecks & Pringle i

millertop
17-09-2014, 10:58 AM
What I don't understand is, Evans wants to keep playing Becchio to get him match fitness ( others never got this chance ever) but insists on putting Bowery on the bench who is showing us he can now score.

Please explain that to me Evans? Because I don't buy it

ida
17-09-2014, 02:48 PM
What I don't understand is, Evans wants to keep playing Becchio to get him match fitness ( others never got this chance ever) but insists on putting Bowery on the bench who is showing us he can now score.

Please explain that to me Evans? Because I don't buy it

I think steve must think becchio is a special talent and deserves special treatment to get his special talent working especially quickly.

1960smiller
17-09-2014, 06:15 PM
Have a word with yourself Kempo. Your ego is out of control. What experience have you got managing in the championship?Think before you answer & knock dear Kempo.What experience as Steve Evans have managing in the Championship,about the same as Kempo.(NIL).

Zilzal
17-09-2014, 06:38 PM
To get into professional football management or coaching you need to have been a professional footballer, even at a very low level.

Kempo would have been an asset to any club, especially our own. Several others on here would have been equally adept. I won't them because they already know who they are.

Trust me on this one if on nothing else.

Hugepugeboznherbie
17-09-2014, 06:49 PM
[quote="Zilzal"]To get into professional football management or coaching you need to have been a professional footballer, even at a very low level.

Kempo would have been an asset to any club, especially our own. Several others on here would have been equally adept. I won't them because they already know who they are.

Trust me on this one if on nothing else.[/quot

Errrrrrr...Villas Boas??

welovebooth
17-09-2014, 07:38 PM
I agree on bowrey he deserves a starting place but maybe evans thinks with his pace and enthusiasm hes a super sub when players start to get tired.

I agrer on collins the lad hasn't really done much wrong but we are conceding to many goals and he has always got that mistake in him
So its worth a try changing it about maybe giving the defence more confidence and maybe loach is a more consistent keeper hes obviously got ability been in the england squad.

With becchio evans is thinking there a 2-3 million pound striker iv managed to get on loan that scores goals and in 5-6 games he will be upto match standard and we will than have him for rest of the loan period.

Sacrifice 5-6 games for the rest off the period here lets face it apart from biwery the rest dont fill you with confidence about getting goals

mikemiller
17-09-2014, 08:16 PM
Not seen anything of Loach yet that would suggest that he starts ahead of Collin (all keepers make mistakes, though a pity that it was against Bolton)

I hope that the gamble on Becchio comes off, and we don't have a repeat of Tubbs last season. Just hoping that Bowery hits a bit of form... or even Revell, Jonners, King... who knows

shiregreenmillers
17-09-2014, 08:21 PM
To get into professional football management or coaching you need to have been a professional footballer, even at a very low level.

Trust me on this one if on nothing else.:zzz: :zzz: :zzz: :zzz: :zzz:

welovebooth
17-09-2014, 08:32 PM
David seaman once said the difference between a good goalkeeper amd a great goalkeeper is the amount off mistakes they make.

derfblade
17-09-2014, 10:15 PM
Advice?...Get on a diet you big fat pig faced loud mouthed ugly ****!

millavanilla
17-09-2014, 10:27 PM

Get Loach in...Collin has done ok but ok is not enough in this league...His punching is atrocious and is a liability..not only last night...it's the norm.

Derbyshire has done it at a better level...get him to see a sports psychologist and get his head right...He just cannot be this bad.

Do not sign players who are not fit...we cannot keep dropping points trying to get them match fit.

Ditch the long ball...I feel embarrassed when I see it in this division...it's not appropriate.

XD. XD. XD. XD. XD. XD. XD. XD. XD. XD.
XD. XD. XD. XD. XD. XD. XD. XD. XD. XD

djsld
18-09-2014, 05:43 AM

I don't really think MR. Evans needs advice from you to be honest Kempo.

I think he has a little more experience and expertise than your good self.

Just saying.

millertop
18-09-2014, 07:10 AM
And once we get Becchio above fitness then he will go back

riccallmiller
18-09-2014, 08:16 AM
Bowery had only scored once before Evans brought him on for Bechio. does he not in turn get any credit for the substitution? its very easy to ring the changes from the sofa in hindsight. If we were winning how many would be offering silly bits of useless advice. Evans is doing his best have no doubts about that and has his excellent record at stake if Rotherham go down this season. I for one would not appreciate him turning up at my workplace informing me how he thinks i could do my job more effectively because he,s a footie manager.
When the Rotherham job is next up for grabs apply kempo.

kempo
20-09-2014, 08:06 PM
Well done Steve on taking most of my advice.The improvement was there for all to see.

Just Revs to Coventry and we are about there.

I will give further advice as the season goes on and this should see us ok.

shshsh22
20-09-2014, 08:22 PM
You"re the one who also advocated playing a defensive game,because if we tried attacking teams"we would get hammered every week".
Might as well lose trying,rather than surrendering,and giving away the initiative.