PDA

View Full Version : Is it just me that think Taylor should be dropped?

the_idiotb_stardson
19-09-2014, 09:54 AM
Seen a hundred players like this before in a Millers short...plenty of effort and energy but no end product. I have seen plenty of players who will never score more than 10 in a season and believe me Taylor is one of them.

It's time to drop the 'busy going nowhere man' and put Swift back in the team.

We need real creativity to open up defences and Swift is the only player who can provide the supply for Becchio and Bowery.

gwru
19-09-2014, 10:38 AM
Seen a hundred players like this before in a Millers short...plenty of effort and energy but no end product. I have seen plenty of players who will never score more than 10 in a season and believe me Taylor is one of them.

We need real creativity to open up defences and Swift is the only player who can provide the supply for Becchio and Bowery.

Just want manager to put a side out who are match fit & playing in there proper positions. Same defence/goalkeeper then Swift, Frecks, Smallwood, Pringle; Clarke-Harris, Bowery. No chance manager won't play Swift will prob' play all 3 loan players. There will be no right winger. We're at home & we'll start off so negative.

Bonneville
19-09-2014, 10:39 AM
You're very rarely wrong matey !!
Is Swift still with us, ant seen his on team sheet recently ?

JohnLeedsMiller
19-09-2014, 11:53 AM
I would keep giving him a chance. I think once he scores the flood gates could open.

Swift was impressive in 1 pre season game then good away at Derby but then really poor in the other league game he played. Lost the ball to much, didn't track back, can't defend. Sounds like a really good replacement for Taylor!!! Swift has undoubtable talent but isn't ready for first team at the moment. He can only be brought on as an impact player, as a gamble. SE said the same thing on Radio Deedarr last week.

jolly_roger
19-09-2014, 12:06 PM
Swift should be renamed Drift.

One half tough tackle and the lad drifts off

1960smiller
19-09-2014, 12:17 PM
Yep it's you,ground bait wasted.

millertop
19-09-2014, 12:29 PM
I don't think he should be dropped , he's an handful and gets the ball in the box , if he could just get nearer to goal then he might just score a shed load with more goals from Bowery as well.

ExeterMiller
19-09-2014, 01:01 PM
Even if going forward has been a rarity, about 90% of what we do goes through Taylor. Dropping him would make us worse. It's percentages, he gets maybe 1 or 2 runs in the right area, how many times has he been unlucky to hit the woodwork - 5? If those instances can turn to 6-10 we'll have some serious goals on our hands. Unfortunately as stated above, that requires him being constantly further up the field, and as we don't have the capability in the middle to control possession like Bmth, Wolves, Derby, Watford (2nd half) & ashamedly Bolton then it ain't gonna happen. I admire Greeny and Smalls for what they do, but as a pairing they won't control anything, they are very good at breaking it up but not much else, has to be one or the other. Frecks is just not with it at the moment, and questions have been asked whether he can cut it at this level but - he needs a fair crack at it.

jolly_roger
19-09-2014, 01:25 PM
I still think that Frecks has a chronic long term injury that's not getting any better.

Lasterman
19-09-2014, 03:44 PM
Think I must have been watching different games to you. He's the one new player I wouldn't consider dropping.

TMiller
19-09-2014, 04:12 PM
he is good buuuut he does need to learn when to release the ball. its almost like a pass is his last option

PeteWaller
19-09-2014, 05:16 PM
Just want manager to put a side out who are match fit & playing in there proper positions. Same defence/goalkeeper then Swift, Frecks, Smallwood, Pringle; Clarke-Harris, Bowery. No chance manager won't play Swift will prob' play all 3 loan players. There will be no right winger. We're at home & we'll start off so negative.[/quote]

I would swop Swift for Green and leave Swift to come on as an impact player - Until he grows in confidence. That for me would release Taylor to have a go with Bowery up front. Becchio comes on if Taylor doesn't do what is needed of him. A fit Becchio will be worth watching but he's far from fit at the mo

millersontour
19-09-2014, 05:29 PM

idiot...

millavanilla
19-09-2014, 05:32 PM
Ha..dont answer him, he just wants attention..

gwru
19-09-2014, 05:58 PM
Manager on O/S says he's happy with midfield 3 of Smallwood, Green & Wordsworth. Going to start with Taylor. So just go with Taylor on the left, Bovery & Clarke- Harris up front.

Adventus2012
19-09-2014, 06:16 PM

OMG...This is your most delude post to date are you sure you are not suffering from senile psychosis or delirium? I suggest you pop along and see your mate Kempo for a consultation and diagnosis!!

gazmadmiller
19-09-2014, 06:48 PM
Frecks is not a happy teddy, or miller if you prefer

gazmadmiller
19-09-2014, 06:49 PM

So tell me, with your logic, all show n no product, what the F does Revell bring to a championship side ????

JohnLeedsMiller
19-09-2014, 07:48 PM
Think I must have been watching different games to you. He's the one new player I wouldn't consider dropping.

Totally agree. His first touch is outstanding and so is his dribbling with the ball. His first touch reminds me of Robbins, always gives himself a yard of space. Just needs to start scoring like Robbins and he will be the real deal.

niamh999
19-09-2014, 08:37 PM
Yes lets drop him and play someone else and then we wont have anyone that looks like unlocking a defence , hes definately not like countless others and correct me if im wrong but he could easily have 3 goals by now as he hit the bar twice and the post on tuesday at least he gets in a position to get a strike at goal , swift is obviously talented but in my opinion a luxury that at the moment we cant afford the wolves first half proved that

riccallmiller
20-09-2014, 06:15 AM
WTF is this for real.

millersrus
20-09-2014, 06:18 AM

I now get the middle bit in your user

scum_triumphant
20-09-2014, 11:30 AM
I've got a fiver on him for first goal. It's got to come.

S8_Miller
20-09-2014, 05:13 PM
I think that after today one or two may owe you an apology IBS.

gorky
20-09-2014, 05:19 PM
Played like Gareth Evans today.

Brin
20-09-2014, 05:22 PM

No one owes anyone an apology...it's an opinion from IBS and some may think that the lad does need dropping if he ain't never going to score...

Mick McCarthy says the lad will run all day but can't finish and today we all saw that...yes he has the heart of a lion but admittedly he did a lot of running today and lost possession more than enough times...

It wasn't a surprise when he was brought off...he had a glorious opportunity to bury one and woefully missed...if he could sort this side of his game out he wouldn't be playing for us...

S8_Miller
20-09-2014, 05:51 PM

No one owes anyone an apology...it's an opinion from IBS and some may think that the lad does need dropping if he ain't never going to score...

Mick McCarthy says the lad will run all day but can't finish and today we all saw that...yes he has the heart of a lion but admittedly he did a lot of running today and lost possession more than enough times...

It wasn't a surprise when he was brought off...he had a glorious opportunity to bury one and woefully missed...if he could sort this side of his game out he wouldn't be playing for us...[/quote]

Brin, he was the worst player on the pitch for us today. IBS called it correct, Pringle should be ahead of him.

the_idiotb_stardson
22-09-2014, 10:58 AM
Anyone coming around to my way of thinking?(part3)

Taylor was appalling today. He has little intelligence as a footballer.

He works hard and that is it it.

He will be playing in league 2 before the end of the 2015 season

miller_Jam84
22-09-2014, 11:41 AM
Anyone coming around to my way of thinking?(part3)

Taylor was appalling today. He has little intelligence as a footballer.

He works hard and that is it it.

He will be playing in league 2 before the end of the 2015 season

I 100% agree with you pringle is a much better option, can shoot and makes a lot of assists. Easy decision for me.

gwru
22-09-2014, 11:57 AM
We'll see next week Taylor can't play not heard anything official that's what's been said on here.

Pringle is a totally different player. Both of them don't really chase back. Pringle doesn't beat defenders, you've got to put him in positions to get those crosses in. Given chance he's got more chance of scoring than Taylor.

rolymiller
22-09-2014, 12:01 PM
Got to admit there never seems to be an end product to what Taylor does..I do think Prings is more dangerous to the opposition be itb with crosses or shooting..but then again i dont think prings is as fit as Taylor nor gets stuck in as much...now if we could combine the two we would have a helluva player...

Tuftydivot
22-09-2014, 12:56 PM
Taylor's work rate is unbelievable, end result not equal to it but for me it looks like a confidence issue, needs to back himself more when a shooting opportunity arrives, I'd give him a bit more time, along with the rest of the squad, hopefully they'll all gel sooner rather than later.

In Evans we Trust!

UTM!

RawmarshMiller
22-09-2014, 04:03 PM
For me Taylor is an enigma. Good with the ball at his feet running at people. Poor shooting and not got the greatest passing skills.

I also don't like how we are shoe horning him in on the LHS, it has spoilt our balance. No coincidence that we looked much more threatening when Pringle played on the LHS.

If you play Taylor, you play him through the centre as a front man, if not impact sub.

For me, I would keep the team that finished on Saturday for Ipswich with Broadfoot in for Morgan and Swift instead of Wordsworth.

I was very impressed by Bowery playing from the RHS, give this lad games and he will become a real handful. Give Becchio the hour then put JCH on for the last half hour.

PS - Fraser Richardson is quality, this guy will be superb once fit. He is twice the footballer Tavs was.

the_idiotb_stardson
01-10-2014, 03:27 PM
I think since my original post, fans are beginning to see sense.

Time to drop Taylor for good.

the_idiotb_stardson
06-10-2014, 12:33 PM
Well done Steve.

I am always on hand to give advice.

millavanilla
06-10-2014, 08:16 PM
Well done Steve.

I am always on hand to give advice.

the squad was rotated to give us the best possible chance of points away from home..not because any single player maybe deemed as not good enough...youre a wind up merchant..probably kempo in disguise..and if you cant see that taylor is a top player, then you certainly picked the right user..