PDA

View Full Version : Is this the worst team ever in The Prem??

burnley007
28-09-2014, 04:19 PM
I can't remember seeing a 'team' as poor as this in the Premier League.
I feel embarrassed.

CardyTheClaret
28-09-2014, 04:20 PM
Don't be a dick.

CasaDeClaret
28-09-2014, 04:21 PM
Derby only got 11 points in a whole season once...
don't be ****ing stupid

AuntSally
28-09-2014, 04:22 PM
We don't yet have 11 points...

blackandwhite56
28-09-2014, 04:22 PM
Quite an achievement to make WBA look good!!!

Hoofball was never going to work in the Premier league and no proper upgrade of players either !

(george Boyd XD XD XD )

Deadlydave
28-09-2014, 04:23 PM
No we are not. Injuries and lack of quality have took the heart out of us. Small team fighting to compete with money no option clubs. Are you shocked???

roseylee
28-09-2014, 04:25 PM
this is better than watching fools and horses, cant stop laughing, comedy gold. :D

Claretdj
28-09-2014, 04:28 PM
Brentford 2 Leeds 0. Now that's comedy gold, now jog on!

Sidney1st
28-09-2014, 04:31 PM
roseylee clearly didn't watch the match where Sheff Wed smashed Leeds last season.

roseylee
28-09-2014, 04:32 PM
you will be playing brentford next season, your just premier league cannon fodder. :D

BigChaCha
28-09-2014, 04:33 PM
I remember a Swindon team being terrible donkeys years ago.

burnley007
28-09-2014, 04:33 PM
There are some very low quality players in our team at the minute. There's no need to call me a d1ck, you aggressive little tosspot.

backofthenet
28-09-2014, 04:34 PM
roseylee, stop being a D!ck.

west brom are a quality premier league side ffs!

horleyclaret
28-09-2014, 04:39 PM
Burnley007 - you're a d1ck

ClaretMoffitt
28-09-2014, 04:41 PM
He is right though, we do look pretty bad.

Steve_Harpers_Perm
28-09-2014, 04:44 PM
Woeful performance but to be fair most teams would struggle missing four of their best players through injury.

Quicknick
28-09-2014, 04:46 PM
A bad performance 007. It won't be the last, but you're overreacting.

roseylee
28-09-2014, 04:49 PM
west brom are not a quality side, they will be in the bottom 6 at the end of the season.

these are the type of games that you need to be getting points from.

what do you think the man citys, arsenals, of this world are going to do to ya? :D

harrowclaret
28-09-2014, 04:50 PM
We have known for months that Vokes would be missing for a large part of the season but with Ings not firing Barnes and Sordell are way short of Premier League standard. The lack of any real pace throughout the team is a real concern.

yesTHATironingboard
28-09-2014, 04:50 PM
roseylee, stop being a D!ck.

yeah, like that's going to happen.

ClaretMoffitt
28-09-2014, 04:51 PM
mate you lose 2-0 to brentford, your words mean nothing here.

But in fairness, we are so bad its scary. I've never seen a team less likely to score in this league

turftoper
28-09-2014, 04:51 PM
we will be lucky to get 11 points

sheffieldrams
28-09-2014, 04:53 PM
You have a long way to go before you are as bad as were were in our 11 point season. It was 7 years ago and the gulf between the Championship and the Premier League gets wider each season.
When we went up in 1996 we held our own and did well for 5 years. The only plus side is that if are sensible you come down more financially stable than when you went up.
If you can survive the first season you have a chance to build. What hope does it give to the rest of us trying to get up to the promised land when we see what was a good Championship team struggling so badly in the Premier League?

mgill87
28-09-2014, 04:54 PM
Woeful performance today. We can complain all we want about injuries but we knew months ago that injuries would happen.

Dyche wasn't able to bring in the players he wanted and that's the reason why we're struggling so much. In hindsight, it was a mistake only adding depth - we should have improved the first team (like the vast majority of fans have been saying).

CardyTheClaret
28-09-2014, 04:56 PM
I didn't say it aggressively, it was with a shake of the head. And I'm not little.

roseylee
28-09-2014, 04:57 PM
oops there goes another one 4-0. :D :D

if that had been a boxing match, the ref would have thrown the towel in at half time, to stop west brom inflicting more punishment. :D

Oldtimeram
28-09-2014, 05:01 PM
We had a very poor team when we got 11 points. We did not deserve to go up in the first place.

I think you will get a lot more than our 11 points, but I do think you will go down this season

realistblue
28-09-2014, 05:03 PM
Would you chaps advocate breaking the bank in January? It does look like your only hope at the minute. You were extremely fortunate with injuries last year, when you rely on luck like your board appear to have done then you are going to get bitten on the ass.

One other thing which may not be popular but Sean duchess appears to be a one trick pony.

Cryptosporidium
Some players should never don a claret shirt again. Barnes, Reid and especially Sordell are not premier league standard. And this is not a knee jerk reaction, I've seen enough of them now to make a decision. Wallace is not a starter at this standard and The Juke needs a dedicated partner. Can't be helped with injuries but that is the worst performance since Dyche has taken over. No chasing, no confidence and utterly toothless in front of goal.

On a positive, apart from today, Boyd is a class above and may be the driving force that keeps us up.

burnley007
No way would a boxing referee have allowed that to go till half time.
We were out cold from the first goal going in!!

realistblue
Sean dyche appears to be a one trick pony, not the duchess.

CC_Claret
28-09-2014, 05:04 PM
Definitely the worst team in the league at present.

Alp12Mac
28-09-2014, 05:07 PM
There is one small mercy, despite all of the problems today, we are still better then Leeds United.

scouseclaret
28-09-2014, 05:08 PM
"What hope does it give to the rest of us trying to get up to the promised land when we see what was a good Championship team struggling so badly in the Premier League?"

The difference, SheffieldRam, is that if Derby get promoted, they'll no doubt spend enough money to at least give themselves a chance, like Leicester have done.

We missed out on signing the lad who scored their first today because we weren't willing to spend 2m on him - similar to how we failed to land Bryson from your lot. These are ****ling amounts of money for Premier league clubs.

Googan
This performance was poor...they looked out of their depth today.
I am sure we can pick it up next week

lotty1
If you want an over reaction this is the place to come and some have been waiting for this moment .

47 goals missing and 3 of 4 midfielders out as well . Did you expect us to win ? Stop knocking and get behind the club and maybe just maybe engage your brains .Mind you when you haven't got a brain as some obviously haven't it'll be particularly difficult .

0oogeorgeoghani
Rosey lee , think its deuce ! After the abuse you got yesterday you have every reason to score points

Brentford though!!!!!

damodamo
28-09-2014, 05:09 PM
a derby fan on here taking the p1ss with this thread title is massively ironic. if we do go down we can look forward to 6 points from them anyway

ill show my arse in woolworths window if we dont beat 11 points

Wembley09
28-09-2014, 05:09 PM
I'd take having the worst team in the Premier League (which we are not. Unbelievable statement)

Than having us struggling cashwise, and playing infront of 8-10 thosand gates in League One.

I reckon Coventry/Sheff Utd/ Preston fans would love to swap places with us.

Boliclaret
28-09-2014, 05:10 PM
At full strength we give ourselves a fighting chance but Squad wise we're clearly not good enough.

jimmymaccer
28-09-2014, 05:11 PM
at least we're not bottom of the Chumpionship...

looked poor today though...confidence will be the next challenge...

never mind...move on...lets hunt Foxes!!!

scouseclaret
28-09-2014, 05:11 PM
"Stop knocking and get behind the club and maybe just maybe engage your brains ."

I'm fully behind the manager ad the players. Its the money men who'velet us down.

turftoper
28-09-2014, 05:12 PM
Same old storey with Burnley lack of investment in the team we would prefer to paint the seats and bring in player's who haven't made it in the prem :blue:

timmeh14
28-09-2014, 05:12 PM
We've been about as full strength we are going to get... What are you on about?

damodamo
28-09-2014, 05:14 PM
why are you here making really odd comments realistblue?
your 'hes not a duchess' joke was really really cringeworthy the first time you cracked it on this thread you simpleton

burnley007
28-09-2014, 05:16 PM
Sordell, Jutkewitz, Wallace, Reid, Kightly so far from Premier League quality it's almost funny!

timmeh14
28-09-2014, 05:16 PM
add Boyd to that list.

I think he touched the ball three times today.

realistblue
28-09-2014, 05:18 PM
Damo lad it was a typo that I corrected, simpleton? Obviously you have had a bad day, never mind you can always have a go on your sister later.

Some decent commentators on burnley mad, your not one of them.

Googan
28-09-2014, 05:28 PM
Nothing like getting behind your team...
Move on...one of them days.
UTC

evensteadiereddie
28-09-2014, 05:29 PM
It's funny, I went through damn near the whole game thinking, "We're going to get one, Albion will panic and we're in..."
I reckon in hindsight the classic killer-goal-before half-time " screwed us but hey howe were nowhere near good enough.
So I came on here, a bit depressed, read a few posts from supporters of other clubs who would give anything to be part of where we are, and suddenly felt much, much better.
To me, not beating Sunderland last week was a worse result than today's and, in the long run, will probably cost us far more dearly.
Anyway, onwards and upwards, Leicester and WHU next up, **** the lot of 'em.
UTC
And to answer the post's original question, the "don't be a dick" response to it seems very reasonable to me.

BabylonClaret
28-09-2014, 05:43 PM
Key players missing. Tried a different formation. Did ok for the first 15 minutes then struggled to keep a hold in the game. Two poor set pieces from our point of view (especially the first).

Bit better second half but the 15 mins we started to get forward we have to get one of those chances.

We played badly today though. the second goal on half time really shafted us - I think he's have brought on Chalobah but not gone 442 if we'd have been at 1-0. Overrun in midfield a lot.

texasbrit
28-09-2014, 05:46 PM
Most burnley fans ARE an DO get behind the team and the manager it's the boards mindset that is being questioned, a bunch of money men using the PL adventure as a money making exercise, this has been plain to see from the few weeks after promotion, the problem is their short sighted approach will do long term damage to the club on the playing front(can't/won't retain the good or attract decent players, the managerial front( loose one of the best up and coming managers around), the clubs reputation (ability to play in the top flight), zero ability to attract investment (needed in today's modern game), who would invest in burnley with this current board in situe??
It ok having old school principles but we aren't in the 50s and 60s any more this is the modern footballing era and the board we currently have are way out of their depth.

JohnMcGreal
28-09-2014, 05:54 PM
Nothing like getting behind your team...
Move on...one of them days.

If you want to close your eyes and ignore the glaringly obvious deficiencies right in front of you, that's your choice.

Fortunately this board has a share of open-minded and inquisitive supporters who won't be fooled by PR spin and the like.

GrimsbyClaret
28-09-2014, 05:54 PM
Who thought it would be easy in the Premier League? there will be more thrashings to come this season. But I believe we will improve we will get better. We will make a fight of it.

CC_Claret
28-09-2014, 05:58 PM
Team was very difficult to get behind today from the off. So unbelievably negative, it felt like we were hanging in for a point from the first whistle. We defended poorly but the midfield was the real problem, we really should have got at least one more dedicated central midfielder.

Burnlea
28-09-2014, 06:04 PM
"If you want to close your eyes and ignore the glaringly obvious deficiencies right in front of you, that's your choice.

Fortunately this board has a share of open-minded and inquisitive supporters who won't be fooled by PR spin and the like"

So are you agreeing and you think it's is the worst team ever in the Prem?

CnBtruntru
28-09-2014, 06:14 PM
We have what we have, nothing we can do about it but get behind the team and give them the support they deserve, we always knew it was not going to be easy.

JohnMcGreal
28-09-2014, 06:16 PM
So are you agreeing and you think it's is the worst team ever in the Prem?

It's far too early to make that sort of claim.

damodamo
28-09-2014, 06:20 PM
' you can always have a go on your
sister later.'

if all else fails, revert to the inbred insult
go away you leeds supporting belmtard. concentrate on your 2nd rate championship club

Burnlea
28-09-2014, 06:32 PM
"It's far too early to make that sort of claim."

Sounds like you have already made that statement, or was it an attempt to have a go at the fans who don't want to knock the team despite the result.
Wake up to reality
UTC.

JohnMcGreal
28-09-2014, 06:41 PM
Eh? Where have I stated we're the worst team in PL history?

corkcityclaret59
28-09-2014, 06:46 PM
One bad result,not the end of the world,SD will sort it out,give them a chance,early days

Googan
28-09-2014, 06:53 PM
"Eh? Where have I stated we're the worst team in PL history?"

Don't see you on here not disagreeing with the OP.
Just knocking the the posters who disagree with the post...
And getting behind the team.
UTC.

realistblue
28-09-2014, 06:57 PM
Damo,

Just an admission that you got it wrong would suffice, I give a bit of banter, mainly tongue in cheek, guess what I get a bit of banter back.

You've had a mare of a day so I will overlook your misplaced abuse.

Any way I bet even your sister would turn you down you miserable git.

I support Leeds fella, I have walked many many miles in your shoes.

All the best for the rest of the season.

Ps what's a beltard

JohnMcGreal
28-09-2014, 07:05 PM
Don't see you on here not disagreeing with the OP.
Just knocking the the posters who disagree with the post.

I didn't agree with the OP either.

I think we've got an enormous task on our hands. We haven't strengthened, we don't look capable of scoring goals, and our midfield is hinging on Marney and Jones being fit in order for it to be remotely competitive.

Let's face it, the early signs are not good.

Googan
28-09-2014, 07:14 PM
Let's face it the early signs are not good...
Exactly..."early"is the the word.
UTC.

JohnAngusFan
28-09-2014, 08:06 PM
Who lifted the stone?

usabrit
28-09-2014, 09:05 PM
Don't know about the worst team ever in the Prem, but arguably the most spineless attempt at Football in a Claret and Blue Shirt I have ever witnessed !!! Chalobah excepted :

Akinbadbye_20
28-09-2014, 09:06 PM
So we are now calling this team spineless.
Unbelievable

usabrit
28-09-2014, 10:16 PM
On that performance, you are damn right I am !!!!

The Bedlington Terrier
29-09-2014, 07:07 AM
I thought the Baggies were excellent today. They caught us on a bad day when they were clearly in the mood. We got hammered. End of.

LincolnClaret
29-09-2014, 07:25 AM
The Baggies were good but they won't get an easier 3 points all season. We were woefully inept and the only positive is we didn't lose by 5, which was my pre-match prediction. We look like a team who have come up to make up the numbers at the moment.

jt_claret
29-09-2014, 11:07 AM
I can't believe how many people sound like they've given up on the season.

We were shocking today, but if they respond it may not be the worst thing. The players that played were showed what will happen - but that is nowhere near our best team.
I agree we probably should have spent more, but who's to say Deeney will make the step up (meaning 7-10mil wasted) etc.

Dyche looked frustrated and furious.

One game at a time.
If I'm honest I'll take 10 1-0 wins, 10 0-0 draws and maybe one or two scores draws, then getting battered every other game.
We were crap yesterday, hey ho, lets try and win at Leicester - what more can be done till January (and even then).

cheshiresetclaret
29-09-2014, 11:37 AM
come on lads...all teams have an off day. Man U lost 5-3 at Leicester last week and I bet they end up in the top 4/5. they lost 4-1 at home to Liverpool in 09 but went onto win league. You cant jump to conclusions based on one game particularly when we have performed well in every game upto now.
For me, the 2 players who I feel are not really Prem qual are Wallace and Kightly, but I am 100% behind our manager and feel that they can both do a job as and when required. We also learned that Reid is not probably the man in the holding role , but again maybe he jsut had an off day. We were in this game until the second silly goal. . On our budget,we cannot expect to get like for like back-up to slot in - we are going to be reliant on a bit of luck with injuries and yesterday he heart of the team was missing. Come on lads, get behind the lads.