PDA

View Full Version : Promotion hits profits at ASD

Rothbiz
29-09-2014, 08:56 AM
ASD Lighting Holdings Limited, the holding company for Rotherham lighting manufacturers, ASD Lighting, and Rotherham United Football Club has released its financial results for 2013, with the club reporting a loss of 477k despite success on the pitch. - view external link (www.rothbiz.co.uk/2014/09/news-4750-promotion-hits-profits-at-asd.html)

JohnLeedsMiller
29-09-2014, 11:03 AM
That's because of the 'sponsorship' deal that they have with RUFC. Basically a way of getting round the fair play rules.

Deepmidwinter
29-09-2014, 11:38 AM
That's because of the 'sponsorship' deal that they have with RUFC. Basically a way of getting round the fair play rules.

Allegedly

JohnLeedsMiller
29-09-2014, 11:41 AM

Allegedly[/quote]

Officially, it was in the reported financials. Allegedly it got round the fair play rules.

TimeforAle
29-09-2014, 01:29 PM
I wouldn't be too concerned, these results are for the 12 months ended 31 December 2013 therefore don't include the Wembley money or the League 1 prize money.

Trust big uncle Tony, he knows what he's doing! ;-)

DavidR__9
29-09-2014, 01:48 PM
"ASD Holdings also loaned 7m to RU Estates Ltd, the company created to bring forward the development of the stadium."

Is that over the course of the financial year, in which case :O (because it's not obvious what R U Estates would need 7m for in that 12 month period), or is that the total indebtedness over time? In which case, less :O ('cos stadiums are expensive things) and more :( ('cos that'll take a lot of repaying, especially if the site remains as commercially underdeveloped as it is at the moment).

Milkyme
29-09-2014, 02:47 PM
[quote="DavidR__9"

Is that over the course of the financial year, in which case :O (because it's not obvious what R U Estates would need 7m for in that 12 month period), or is that the total indebtedness over time? In which case, less :O ('cos stadiums are expensive things) and more :( ('cos that'll take a lot of repaying, especially if the site remains as commercially underdeveloped as it is at the moment).[/quote]

There's know doubt about it we / TS need to fill the stadium and the potential shops and get Guest & Chrimes sorted sharp are we will be back on the
slippery slope again.

But I am for ever the pessimist.

UTM

Deepmidwinter
29-09-2014, 02:57 PM
Wonder if there will ever be the money available to put up some proper gates on Main Street. What we have at the moment is embarassing

jolly_roger
29-09-2014, 03:39 PM
There's know doubt about it we / TS need to fill the stadium and the potential shops and get Guest & Chrimes sorted sharp are we will be back on the
slippery slope again.

But I am for ever the pessimist.

Whilst we might not be on the "slippery slope" it is very important that the empty units and G&C are sorted out.

The inactivity on G&C is getting scandalous.

UTM

Rothbiz
29-09-2014, 04:08 PM
[quote="DavidR__9"

Is that over the course of the financial year, in which case :O (because it's not obvious what R U Estates would need 7m for in that 12 month period), or is that the total indebtedness over time? In which case, less :O ('cos stadiums are expensive things) and more :( ('cos that'll take a lot of repaying, especially if the site remains as commercially underdeveloped as it is at the moment).[/quote]

7 million loan is repayable over 15 years starting from 2015 at summat like 2% above base rate.

I think there was a 3 million loan from holding company to the football club in 2012 too.

gramiller1959
29-09-2014, 04:45 PM
7 million loan is repayable over 15 years starting from 2015 at summat like 2% above base rate.

I think there was a 3 million loan from holding company to the football club in 2012 too.

we also have a 5 million mortgage :/

Brin
29-09-2014, 05:33 PM
If they ask me nice I'll see what i've got in my piggy bank and loan it to em at 1%...

Don't start looking to deep into this as a fan...Tony Stewart isn't that stupid to see his business fail for the sake of RUFC...

What piss.es me off is where are all the 'Glory Wembley seeking t.wats' that thought they were RUFC fans now their clubs needs em? w.ankers!

jolly_roger
29-09-2014, 05:45 PM
But if they all turned up Brin where would you put them?

Nice as it is the NYS is too small.

Deepmidwinter
29-09-2014, 07:21 PM
But if they all turned up Brin where would you put them?

Nice as it is the NYS is too small.

We don't need them all. Just two thousand of em would do for starters