PDA

View Full Version : Burnley starting 11 vs Leicester

Newcastleclaret1993
03-10-2014, 10:19 AM
I know we have serious injury problems and now the debate is who is going to start in CM. Post your version of our best 11 for tomorrow.
Heaton
Trips, Keane, Shackell, Mee
Arfield, Hewitt, Reid, Kightley
Sordell, Barnes

Before anyone mentions the dropping of duff, it's not because I feel he has not performed, I just think that Leicester have some very quick forwards and with the extra bit of pace Keane has it may be better for us defend with him against there forwards, and I also feel it could allow Trippier a bit more freedom up the right hand side. I think Hewitt deserves a chance in CM whilst we have all the injuries. Kightley instead of Boyd because I think his work rate and defensive abilities could be crucial with boyd coming on for him towards the end of the game. Sordell and Barnes up front mainly due to the fact that I think we will be defending for most of the match and because they are quicker we might be able to grab something on the break

CardyTheClaret
03-10-2014, 11:42 AM
That team would get lose by at least 6 goals, by half time. What are you thinking?

Bin_Ont_Turf
03-10-2014, 12:10 PM
Edit - well that went wrong. :D

Newcastleclaret1993
03-10-2014, 12:13 PM
Cardy who else do you propose then? At this stage Im
Coming to think even
Edgar would have been better in CM than any of our current options

Bin_Ont_Turf
03-10-2014, 12:38 PM
...Heaton

...Trippier..Duff...Shackell.. Mee

...Boyd
Arfield..Sordell..Juke..Barnes..Kightly

Let's do away with a midfield.

notnowbernard
03-10-2014, 01:50 PM
Tricky one, mostly agree Newscastle but Keane in for Reid & stick with Duff. Maybe not ideal but Hewitt deserves a go in the absence of better options. Boyd off the bench to score the winner, Reid to come on to shore things up defensively.
More than anyting looking forward to see how we shape up given things not been going our way. Real test for the "framework" and the "collective". A real gutsy performance and hopefully a result sends us into the break in good heart with 2 weeks to get most if not all the key players back. Looking forward to it.

warksclaret
03-10-2014, 01:53 PM
I think Keane will shortly slot in but Dyche will do it after a few defeats, then replace Duff

As a result I think cannot change back 5 in view of the guys missing

Barnes has tio start along side Juke as they have two very physical central defenders. If Mee is being beaten for pace would bring Ward in asap

Heaton

Tripps
Duff
Shacks
Mee

Kightly
Arfield
Reid or Hewitt
Boyd

Barnes
Juke

BigChaCha
03-10-2014, 02:28 PM
I'm going for the Christmas Tree formation, well England played some of their best football with it! :)

I think their is a good balance with this formation and my only real concern would be that there would be more space to attack Mee.
I have dropped the Juke. Even though he's a trier I just don't think he suits our style of play.

http://footballformation.co.uk/team/4321/031014152229.png

moggybfc
03-10-2014, 02:30 PM
It wont be Hewitt, Dyche has already said he wont be playing him

Quote from LT

"Dyche is hopeful of having an almost fully-fit squad to select from after the next fortnight’s international break, when play resumes with the visit of West Ham.

But in the meantime he says he will not risk blooding youngsters like Steven Hewitt.

“Not yet. I don’t think they’re quite ready for that yet so we’d probably put a more experienced player out of their slot, but that’s difficult in itself,” he said. “What managers ideally want is round pegs in round holes, people who understand the role.”

rats
03-10-2014, 02:46 PM
Reid brings what too the team?

FCBurnley
03-10-2014, 02:47 PM
Gilks and Heaton

Tripp Duff Shacks Mee

Keane

Barnes Boyd Arfield

Sordell Juke

Hope ref cant count !

sheffieldturfite
03-10-2014, 03:36 PM
This would solve the problem of getting Trippier further forward, allow Reid and Scotty to sit back, and give Juke some support up front.

http://footballformation.co.uk/team/343/031014163428.png

Jamb0MackemClaret
03-10-2014, 04:15 PM
Wouldn't do anything to the back five yet, would just treat last weekend as an anomaly and trust them to be back to usual tomorrow. Further forward it's a train wreck whatever you do, but we have to get more goal threat into the side somehow.

Heaton

Trippier Duff Shacks Mee

Kightly Arfield Reid Boyd

Barnes Jutkiewicz

Plan to score a goal - hope Barnes wins a soft free kick and Leicester do a Palace and give us a penalty.

claret78
03-10-2014, 06:19 PM
Is it going to be the worst midfield and forward line in a league game for ten years? Probably.

charlieinkentucky
03-10-2014, 06:39 PM
Heaton

Trippier Duff Shackell Mee

Reid A.N.Other

Arfield and Boyd out wide

Juke Barnes

I think Dyche might be affected by the media "Burnley will never score again" ridicule of the last week. This allows Trippier to bomb forward again and play those triangles with Arfield, whipping those crosses in to a big man like last year.

More importantly we now have Reid, who's only asset is that he can slot into RB when Trippier does bomb on so we keep our shape.

bobcloth1
03-10-2014, 07:00 PM
Heaton
Trippier Duff, Shackell, Long, Keane, Anderson, Mee Ward
Reid
Juke

SirMichaelDuff
03-10-2014, 07:02 PM
I'd play Marney, Jones, Ings and Vokes regardless of them being injured.

Boliclaret
03-10-2014, 07:26 PM
Before anyone mentions the dropping of duff, it's not because I feel he has not performed, I just think that Leicester have some very quick forwards.

Every forward line is quick, it's the premier league. The only reason why Duff stank last week was because of the midfield and all the square pegs in round holes.

warksclaret
03-10-2014, 07:58 PM
In May never for one minute thought I would be saying this

However if we still had Stock & Edgar they would probably have a chance of starting tomorrow

burnley007
03-10-2014, 10:16 PM
13/10 at Paddy Power for no Burnley scorer, that's free money!!
We will not score a goal tomorrow unless we get our midfield back. Guaranteed.

retro2010
03-10-2014, 10:36 PM
Heaton
Trips
Ward
Shackell
Duff

Reid
Arfield
Boyd
Kightly

Juke
Sordell

Keep the faith

formerbfcmanager
03-10-2014, 11:06 PM
I think we could do a lot worse than putting Boyd in centre mid. Can tackle, run and spot a pass - what more do we require? We've got to get Scotty A back on the right and I'd play Ward on the left - Ben Mee's going to need all the help he can get if Vardy's in the mood.

Was impressed with Marv when he came on against West Brom. I agree that Leicester's centre backs are physical, so I'm sure they'd be more vulnerable against a bit of pace playing on their shoulder.

Heaton

Trippier Duff Shackell Mee

Arfield Reid Boyd Ward

Juke

Sordell

BelialofBacup
03-10-2014, 11:10 PM
"Let's do away with a midfield"

Like last Sunday then...

MDWat
03-10-2014, 11:11 PM
Gilks
Trippier Keane Shackell Mee
Kightly Arfield Reid Boyd
Barnes Jutkiewicz

ColdPieWarmBeer
04-10-2014, 12:17 AM
442/4411 with Barnes grafting behind Sordell

Heaton
Tripps/Duff/Shackell/Mee
Arfield/Reid/Ward/Boyd
Barnes/Sordell

Can't really remember us putting in a performance with one up front under Dyche. Our biggest asset, workrate and pressure, only works when pressing in numbers.

We can't out-pass teams and wouldn't/seemingly can't control possession with a midfield three, especially one with the players available. Like last week, we'll be sat too deep all match with just one up front. We're one of the slower teams in the league (now, with all the injuries), rendering counter attacking practically useless with one up front. Arfield is absolutely wasted in the middle. Playing him there as opposed to out wide completely stifles creativity & our direct threat and also forces us to play Kightly. Not to mention, and no offence to the lad because I absolutely love him, like, but we've been overrun every time Arfield has played CM. Ward and Reid at least have experience in defensive roles and a

BlackCountry
04-10-2014, 10:36 AM
Heaton

Trippier Keane Shackell Mee

Boyd Arfield Reid Kightly

Barnes Jutkewicz

ElmstClaret
04-10-2014, 10:57 AM
Heaton
Keane duff shacks mee
Tripps arfield Reid kightly
Boyd