PDA

View Full Version : Trippier Injury

Imploding Turtle
04-10-2014, 04:07 PM
Looked like a nasty one. If he's back inside 6 weeks I'd be happy. Though i am a bit of a pessimistic*****.

taio
04-10-2014, 04:09 PM
Looked like a bad one I'm afraid - he instantly called to the bench.

big_ears_longside
04-10-2014, 04:09 PM
lets hope its not ligament damage #prayforTrips

taio
04-10-2014, 04:10 PM
bel, that's my fear too

BigChaCha
04-10-2014, 04:11 PM
Tripps does tend to over accentuate when he goes down injured so hopefully it won't be the bad news we all expect.

It's one extreme to the next, last season we were incredibly lucky with injuries!

chekhov
04-10-2014, 04:15 PM
(Looks on bright side)...Thought Keane looked comfortable for the few minutes he was on.

But (thinks) who will play right-back now?

AuntSally
04-10-2014, 04:19 PM
Was he stretchered off or did he walk/hobble off?

As for RB, maybe Keane can do a job there. At that age, a defender can often play anywhere along the back line.

taio
04-10-2014, 04:20 PM
Went off on a stretcher.

Fully expect Keane to be at right back for our next game.

thedonz
04-10-2014, 04:21 PM
That cross he put in just before was perfect and Big Sam would have finished it off as perfectly.
Looks like we may have to wait a couple of months now to have them both playing together and creating and scoring goals for the Clarets.

Ps well done Ross Wallace

jimmyrobbo
04-10-2014, 04:22 PM
Stretchered off. Watched the physio play with his ankle to test it...got a very bad reaction. Not sure how he injured it...whether it was knocked following the cross or whether went over on it. Either way, he was clearly in distress...

NickBFC
04-10-2014, 04:22 PM
Really hope it isn't a bad one, but at least he has a two week head start now. Really rotten luck with injuries so far so I am keeping my fingers crossed.

BabylonClaret
04-10-2014, 04:25 PM
Hopefully he'll be back soon but Keane looked pretty decent for the last 10. And to be honest, Trips importance to us this season has been less pronounced as he's had to be a lot more defensively minded. Assuming of course Keane can manage to step in.

That's seven first team/first back up out now. Unlucky by anyone's standards!

AuntSally
04-10-2014, 04:26 PM
BabylonClaret, you know I was thinking the exact same thing. He gets forward less, so has less of an attacking impact.

Keane must be a half decent defender, he just needs to get some games now. This could be his chance.

ClaretMoffitt
04-10-2014, 04:26 PM
Looks a very bad one.

Why are we so unlucky with injuries :(

taio
04-10-2014, 04:27 PM
He got forward several times today and looked impressive.

lotty1
04-10-2014, 04:30 PM
Amazing - until I just came on here I thought it was Mee which is what Kamara said !!!!!!

BabylonClaret
04-10-2014, 04:30 PM
He did taio. But he's also looked a bit iffy at times too. Not knocking him - he's still adjusting. But I think it means that if he is out for a few games it won;t be as much of a loss for us.

taio
04-10-2014, 04:32 PM
BC, I'm not disagreeing that he has had to be more defensive because of the quality of the wingers in the PL - you were absolutely correct. In fact, he said that himself.

goalposts
04-10-2014, 04:36 PM
He was walking outside the ground unaided, asked him about the injury.he said he should be ok with the international break.

Also did anyone see shack's walking outside the ground in full track suit going to get a lift. I'm taking they have a break now

garfunkal
04-10-2014, 04:38 PM
It did look bad , and looked like a late challenge to me

thedonz
04-10-2014, 04:40 PM
Hoping that's a good sign goalposts . He is starting to get into positions to hurt teams which can only be a good thing for us

ClaretAWH
04-10-2014, 04:41 PM
Gutted for the lad, he was more like the trips we all know today and I only said to my son with inns coming back some of the crosses were exactly the kind he thrived off last year.

Boliclaret
04-10-2014, 04:42 PM
I thought 2nd half today was his most confident performance so far this season.

Then he gets crocked falling awkwardly, bloody typical. :/

SussexDon1
04-10-2014, 04:50 PM
Clarets Player said that he was fouled after the ball was gone and they were incensed their guy didn't get sent off as he already had a yellow

UTC

mkmel
04-10-2014, 05:07 PM
BBC Sport saying it was a bad tackle and Schlupp who had already been booked was fortunate not to be sent off.

Also said that it is a serious ankle injury.

Tripp's went down just in front of where I was and he looked in pain even pulling his shirt up over his head to hide his pained face.

Schlupp did go over and apologise but not sure if it was a bad foul or not but took an age for fatty Phil Dowd to stop play.

The Leicester fans were an absolute disgrace as they were shouting abuse at Trippier as he was being stretchered off.

fungus_the_bogeyman
04-10-2014, 05:13 PM
Couldn't believe the Leicester fans. They really don't like us for some reason; it's pretty funny how bitter they are.

I too thought Schlupp could have received a second yellow. It looked a nasty one.

Wonderful Tripps-like cross as well, which Vokes would have loved. Can't wait for them all to be back playing together.

garfunkal
04-10-2014, 05:16 PM
Leicester fans don't like anyone , it's a place like Royston Varsey , just for local people

claret78
04-10-2014, 05:19 PM
Just logged on to say what a disgrace the Leicester fans were for giving him abuse when it was quite clear Trippier was in so much pain.

CoIncidentally a leicester fan has just rung into 606 to say how he was disgusted in his OWN fans doing exactly that.

enola_gay
04-10-2014, 05:30 PM
Looked like Schlupp did him with the follow-through on the tackle.

Not sure who the co-commentator on the stream I watched was (sounded like Trevor Francis) but said he didn't think there was contact, even as the replay was clearly showing there was.

warksclaret
04-10-2014, 05:59 PM
Got injured a few minutes earlier and ran it off

His actions to the bench when he got crocked the second time were worrying.It was good to have Keane as an unused sub.He will be fine if Tripps misses a few games.He plays there for the England U-21's

clentclaret
04-10-2014, 06:51 PM
I have to say I'm optimistic. When physio pressed his malleoli and moved his ankle very little pain so tried to weight bear and hurt. Hopefully not too bad

knuzdenboy
04-10-2014, 07:31 PM
Leicester fans were f...ing disgraceful towards Tripps when he was down,didn,t realise they were knuckle draggers...****!

IanMcL
04-10-2014, 07:33 PM
When he went down after the physio stood him up, he was hands over eyes, as though fearing the worst.

Many fingers crossed.

dougcollins
04-10-2014, 07:33 PM
'Leicester fans were f...ing disgraceful towards Tripps when he was down,didn,t realise they were knuckle draggers'

Get over it, we've done the same.

AuntSally
04-10-2014, 07:38 PM
'Get over it, we've done the same'

For a start, that doesn't come into play.

Secondly, they were winning 2-1 at the time, so you'd expect any suggestion of time-wasting to make no sense whatsoever and thus be something their fans would be fine with.

Unless Leicester fans are quite thick and they thought we were wasting time whilst 2-1 down. Think about it.

dougcollins
04-10-2014, 07:40 PM
'Cos we're perfect angels?

yorksclaret
04-10-2014, 09:31 PM
Most people would have been watching the cross so wouldn't have seen it. I can only assume he was clattered very, very late. He got up to walk the 2 yards off the pitch and only got half way before going to ground again and calling for the stretcher. Looked bad, but sounds like he'll be ok.
At 2-1 down the time wasting allegations are bizarre to say the least.
As for the home fans 'you're going home in a Leicester ambulance'. Classy :/

yorksclaret
04-10-2014, 10:15 PM
On the plus side it meant he wasn't on the pitch for the free kick.

outlooksunny
04-10-2014, 11:20 PM
In the meantime, Keane looks a useful replacement.
But it may be Tripps will be fit and well quicker than it looked when he fell over again.
Sorry Nigel you plonker!
He's a winner not a diver is our Tripps.

claretclaret111
05-10-2014, 09:27 AM
for all the people saying that it should have been a yellow seem to forget that it first should have been a free kick. The ref was never going to give us that as then he would have had to send the guy off and that would have gone against his judgement as the player was in blue and not claret

BabylonClaret
05-10-2014, 09:31 AM
It was a late challenge. Schlupp was never going to get there first - neither was Vardy ten minutes earlier.

Hopefully it won;t be as bad as it looked - papers this morning suggesting Dyche thinks it's not as bad as we feared.

Never mind the Leicester fans though - what about Pearson moaning about how long Trippier was fannying around! What a classless arsehole

clentclaret
05-10-2014, 09:41 AM
Why no mention on motd that schlupp should've been sent off

Jamb0MackemClaret
05-10-2014, 09:46 AM
Thought we could have had a penalty for a Schlupp handball too, was sure he blocked a clearance with his arm. That didn't make it on MOTD either.

AuntSally
05-10-2014, 09:54 AM
'He was walking outside the ground unaided, asked him about the injury.he said he should be ok with the international break'

Assuming this isn't made up and actually happened, then surely this means it's nothing serious. Otherwise he'd be on crutches.

AuntSally
07-10-2014, 02:02 PM
Any update?

claret78
07-10-2014, 02:52 PM
There was something in today's telegraph saying they're still waiting for news. But Ings should be back after the two week break.

solidsilver1862
07-10-2014, 03:31 PM
Leicester play a very professional game, nothing left to be chance!Trippier, was becoming a menace on Saturday, was it a case of, "weve got to slow him down? " It would be interesting to know how many Penalties they got last season. compared to all the other clubs in the Championship. Everytime i saw them last season they seemed to get one !