PDA

View Full Version : Norwich Keeper

OregonMiller
04-10-2014, 06:50 PM
Obviously I didn't see the game or 'incident' but how come the Norwich Keeper only got a yellow for the foul that led to the penalty?

Surely he should have gone off?

Barnsley_Miller
04-10-2014, 06:53 PM
I think there was a defender back so the keeper wasnt the last man.

Thats what I think I half heard on the radio anyways m8

pip_y
04-10-2014, 07:03 PM
It was at the edge of the area and the keeper wasn't the last man

tivoliman415783
04-10-2014, 07:09 PM
Be interesting to see because if there is only one defender after the keeper that sounds like an obvious goal scoring opportunity to me.
If the last defender takes down the striker to deny a goal scoring opportunity then its a red even though the keeper is still to beat. This sounds the same just with the keeper taking down the attacker with a defender left to beat on the goal line.
Will have a look tonight on football league show.

Good result though!!

Barnsley_Miller
04-10-2014, 07:12 PM
Steve Evans just said on millers player that it wasnt a Red for the keeper he said,

"There was a covering Defender and perhaps Derbyshire wasnt going to tap it in as simple as we think"

dalemiller
04-10-2014, 07:30 PM
Already seen it twice on Sky, and can't make my mind up,it looks a very close call as the keeper comes out the defender is running back, when the keeper clatters Derbyshire I can't make my mind up if the keeper and defender are level with each other or is the keeper just in front of the defender.

OregonMiller
04-10-2014, 07:35 PM
Agree, great result. Sounds like Evans was more upset at the free kick decision (for them)than this one.

Onwards and upwards.

Barnsley_Miller
04-10-2014, 07:40 PM
Agree, great result. Sounds like Evans was more upset at the free kick decision (for them)than this one.

Onwards and upwards.

Yes SE was a bit peeved about the freekick, I think the crowd were calling for every decision and that just may have sweyed the ref into giving them a soft freekick :blue:

It just goes to show what a crowd can do for a team, its time we let ourselves be heard more often and more loudly at NYS, to do our bit as fans! We are in this together and every little helps ;D

UTM

Brin
04-10-2014, 11:07 PM
Steve Evans just said on millers player that it wasnt a Red for the keeper he said,

"There was a covering Defender and perhaps Derbyshire wasnt going to tap it in as simple as we think"

Can't see when Derbyshire's ever going to tap one in!

Very frustrating after all the hype before he joined us...average to say the least and looks more like a league 2 than a league 1 player definitely not Championship level anymore...

dmentor
05-10-2014, 08:54 AM
There is a lot more chance of Matt Derbyshire tapping one in that scoring 25yrds that's for sure.

millavanilla
05-10-2014, 09:25 AM
Poor signing...not a patch on nardiello even..send him to bury at the end of the season and free a wage up...

millertop
05-10-2014, 09:30 AM
Ref got it right.

Derbyshire isn't getting enough game so how can fans say he's crap? It was same with Bowery.

MillerKimmylad
05-10-2014, 10:27 AM
Had it been a defender committing that foul I'm sure it would have been a straight red. Just because he's a keeper it shouldn't give him permission to scythe an opponent down! Can't understand why he wasn't sent off - not for the goalscoring opportunity, just for the foul itself.

clarkey1974
05-10-2014, 10:48 AM
Playing devil's advocate here,but if that was a defender who brought him down and the goalkeeper was effectively the last man the defender would had have got sent off.why is this any less or more a goal scoring opportunity that way round.?..

Ellis_D
05-10-2014, 11:38 AM
Playing devil's advocate here,but if that was a defender who brought him down and the goalkeeper was effectively the last man the defender would had have got sent off.why is this any less or more a goal scoring opportunity that way round.?..

Agreed. Surely it would be more of a goalscoring chance seeing as the goalkeeper can use his hands. A one on one with a defender would be much easier to score.