PDA

View Full Version : What is the point of Burnley being on Match o't Day?

Bin_Ont_Turf
04-10-2014, 10:53 PM
They don't bother showing any proper highlights and the pundits can't be arsed talking about us.

Apart from Lineker's comment about Pearson being a big girls blouse, it was all rather cack.

(I understand that for Burnley fans who haven't seen the goals that there is a point to it)

I'm not expecting Man Utd coverage but just a little bit of recognition that we are actually in these football matches.

bobcloth1
04-10-2014, 10:56 PM
A point at Leicester, with their infastructure, I'm surprised they didn't move the news.

Funkydrummer
04-10-2014, 10:58 PM
All very condescending - pat on the back, there there, now run along to where you belong

We will make them sit up and take notice before the season ends - mark my words :D

1959_60
04-10-2014, 11:00 PM
I believe that today was a massive turning point for us and we will start moving up the table.

They will not be able to diss us as easily then.

claretminty
04-10-2014, 11:01 PM
Robbie savage is the stat ****. What the hell has how many sprints got to do with a game complete *******s and not a good word to say about us.

And as for Pearson biggest bell end and has gone down in my estimation

Bin_Ont_Turf
04-10-2014, 11:02 PM
I stopped watching Match o't Day years ago and I only watched it tonight because we scored two goals.

I expected for them to be all dancing around the studio. :D

Edit - watching not watch

roseylee
04-10-2014, 11:03 PM
a good point earned at leicester, but motd always show and put more emphasis on the big clubs and the title chasers, same as sky tv do, and unfortunately the last i looked at the table burnley are still in the bottom three. ;D

Funkydrummer
04-10-2014, 11:04 PM
Get off, you knob >:(

Sorry about that, not really my style ;D

bobcloth1
04-10-2014, 11:08 PM
It's true what rosey says, Sky didn't show Sheff Weds by coincidence today.

outlooksunny
04-10-2014, 11:09 PM
Funkydrummer
Take a hike.
Go to a dark place.
Have a good cry and then, with luck, your manager will have second thoughts about his silly, female comments about the game.
UTC.
Ps
Get some decent supporters!
Our 3000 saw your lot off!

Funkydrummer
04-10-2014, 11:13 PM
Outlooksunny - think you have got the wrong end of the stick, sunshine :D

UTC

cloughyclaret
04-10-2014, 11:17 PM
I didnt find it too bad.

Must have been watching too much Merson.

Bin_Ont_Turf
04-10-2014, 11:27 PM
Is it normal for the pundits on Match o't Day to smirk and shrug when asking about Burnley's next game Cloughy?

butterflyvenom
04-10-2014, 11:27 PM
Linekar's team held to a draw by travelling Clarets. Petulant Pearson, nothing like the eloquent Alan Irvine who heaped praise on us last week before highlighting his own team. A decent man.
Savage is pathetic, he's blagged a bbc deal by virtue of having long hair and nowt else. He was always a tenth rate pundit. I said the other week we are here on merit, therefore we deserve decent coverage. The point about us being seen as relegation candidates is irrelevant. Just as the big teams have more fans, other club supporters don't want to hear about united or arsenal. Shame on you bbc amateurish job done very badly.

daveisaclaret
04-10-2014, 11:28 PM
Smiled and shrugged and all agreed we have a good chance against West Ham.

They've given really good analysis a couple of times this season about how tight our defence is too.

mkmel
04-10-2014, 11:28 PM
No they were condescending and smacked of the well they did try very hard.

yesTHATironingboard
04-10-2014, 11:32 PM
http://i60.tinypic.com/2rmt8hk.jpg

alan shearer and robbie savage making their way to the bbc studios this evening.

cloughyclaret
04-10-2014, 11:33 PM
To be honest Bint. Dont see much of MoTD.
I refer you back to Merson.

Bin_Ont_Turf
04-10-2014, 11:38 PM
'They've given really good analysis a couple of times this season about how tight our defence is too'

After a load of 0-0's. Giz a job, I can do that. :D

butterflyvenom
05-10-2014, 01:12 AM
Nah, just watched it again and it's worse.
Savage was horrendous, inept, flapping, and not worth his huge wage packet for this dross. Shearer was marginally better, chipping in with solitary quip about our stunning equaliser.
Pearson should be roundly chastised for his awful, really awful post match comments.What a *****.I am going to write to MOTD and voice my opinions. That was terrible, truly bad tv.

IanMcL
05-10-2014, 02:27 AM
No sight of the Trippier crippling.

ashtonlongsider
05-10-2014, 06:00 AM
Think in this day and age you have to earn the right to get better media/tv coverage and it's still early days. Look at the likes of Swansea and Hull, their coverage is improving.
That said the media are always looking from an angle from SD and I feel in time he will raise our profile.

blackburnturfite
05-10-2014, 07:55 AM
Cant stand Savage, and don't understand why he is there, why 2 pundits are employed when Lineker and Shearer could tell us what most of us can work out for ourselves.

RogerEliHatTrick
05-10-2014, 09:15 AM
The first half highlights just showed all Leicester. It also excluded some of trippiers excellent crosses 2nd half. Poor coverage and Savage is shockingly bad. Waste of time him being on there. He is ruining the programme.

Boliclaret
05-10-2014, 09:27 AM
A Leicester fan presenting with an ex Leicester/Blackburn player and Shearer!!

I was prepared for the worst and they were fairly inept. Although they all agreed that Burnley deserved a point and that Leicester were poor, which is how I saw it as well.

wilks_bfc
05-10-2014, 09:33 AM
Considering we scored in the 6th minute of 7 added minutes it would may have been helpful for those not aware why those minutes were added in the first place

DiBranchio
05-10-2014, 09:36 AM
It's a bit like last season though isn't it Boli, Burnley only deserved their reward because the opposition were 'poor'

Mike_Baldwin
05-10-2014, 09:54 AM
MOTD was complimentary compared to the totally disrespectful comments made about Dyche and his staff by Stelling Thompson Merson and Nicholas about 15 minutes before kick off on Soccer Saturday. Le Tissier said nothing.

But Thompsons comment "who does his stats for him? his wife" and " what's wrong with his eyes" were disgusting, the first comment could be construed as sexist in the modern era.

Boliclaret
05-10-2014, 10:30 AM
It's a bit like last season though isn't it Boli, Burnley only deserved their reward because the opposition were 'poor"

We needed to play well and stay in the game with so many injuries. We also needed the opposition to have a bit of an off day. We did what we do best under Dyche, we grinded out a result with the odds against us. We totally deserved a point at least.

As for the pundits, who cares if they don't big us up and sound a bit patronising. Our best chance this season is to stay under the radar.

EDIT with all the sky coverage these days MOTD isn't anywhere near what it used to be. I can take it or leave it.

Rowls
05-10-2014, 10:43 AM
It would be easy to try and suggest my dislike of MoTD is because the punditry is below par (even though it very often is) and doesn't do us justice.

But the main problem is actually that Lineker is a smary, self-satisfied smug git, Shearer is a boring turd and Savage is an annoying tw?t who you wouldn't want within 30 miles of you in case he started talking.

Yesterday, they called our performance about right but it didn't make them more watchable.

However, let's "do a Dyche" on this and look at this positively:

We don't have to watch Steve Claridge any more.

Boliclaret
05-10-2014, 11:05 AM
Exactly my oppinion as well Rowls. They weren't being disrespectful or disparaging towards us, they're just dull sports personalties who bundle their way through the show with a fair amount of uncomfortable silences and confused patter.

Which is a diplomatic way of saying they're a bit s***e.

The Bedlington Terrier
05-10-2014, 06:47 PM
At least we weren't last on..!