PDA

View Full Version : The Apprentice

SimplyClaret
15-10-2014, 09:12 AM
Looked down the board and surprised not to see a post on this (unless I am mistaken) bearing in mind the interest it has generated previously. Instead of 16 self-seeing ego-tippers we not have 20 to go at with the prospect of double or treble firings. Stand out for future value were the bird in charge of the girls team, the PM who referred to himself Thatcher-like in the third person and the Ian Wright look-alike with the rolling eyes! I think I read somewhere this is the last series. We'll see!

harrowclaret
15-10-2014, 09:28 AM
Let's hope it is the last series the programme has gone downhill rapidly over the past few years. Perhaps Alan Sugar is trying to get his own comedy show with Nick and Karren as the stooges. Oh no wait, he has already got one.

The most cringeworthy part of the last series was surely when Karren went up to Lord Sugar after a firing and said "I am so sorry you had to let him go Sir Alan I know how much faith you had placed in him."

Alp12Mac
15-10-2014, 09:47 AM
Now we have 20 people spouting modernist corporate bullsh1t speak instead of 16.

Just when and from where have phrases such as 'Upskilled or Upskilling and Outsourcing' come from? >:(

It appears it isn't just me that cringes either, see link.

Strangely compelling viewing though and no doubt I shall watch a fair bit XD - view external link (http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/7457287.stm)

bpgburn
15-10-2014, 09:47 AM
Definitely lost it's way over the years, in the early days they had people who were actually good at their jobs and had something about them.
Now it's the ones who they think will make the biggest tw@ts of themselves for entertainment value that get through.

SimplyClaret
15-10-2014, 10:12 AM
Think they will do well to find another Stuart "The Brand" Baggs :D I see shades of him in Phillipe, but there's a long way to go yet.

jamesnulty
15-10-2014, 12:05 PM
My wife and I are both northerners and every series we are astounded at how anyone with a northern accent is patronised.
It happened last night with the pr**k who eventually got sacked.
Correct me if I'm wrong, but no obvious northerner (as in Lancs/Yorks) has ever won it.

hampsteadclaret
15-10-2014, 12:10 PM
post 4 - yep that's exactly why I watch it, no other reason.

roseylee
15-10-2014, 02:10 PM
i agree with james nulty, the vast majority of the candidates are from london.

the women are usually the air brained variety, who are invariably on more, for tv exposure, than business acumen.

the blokes are usually the hooray henry set from the home counties, who would have problems, deciding which shoe to put on first thing in the morning.

if this is supposedly the cream of what this country as to offer, in terms of entrenepeurial business skill, and acumen, then we are in deep trouble. ;D

as for tv ratings, pure comedy gold. :D

bpgburn
15-10-2014, 02:26 PM
"post 4 - yep that's exactly why I watch it, no other reason."

Me too.

Funkydrummer
15-10-2014, 03:20 PM
"if this is supposedly the cream of what this country as to offer, in terms of entrenepeurial business skill, and acumen, then we are in deep trouble"

And this from someone who doesn't know when to use "as" and "has" :D :D

stevie_thunder
15-10-2014, 05:50 PM
Unless I blinked and missed it, I think the editors managed to show a full task without a single candidate doing anything of any use.

Obviously this show needs its fair share of nuggets to keep it entertaining but I think they may have excelled themselves this year.

On last night's evidence, I wouldn't want a single one of them in my team.

Rileybobs
16-10-2014, 11:53 AM
I fancy Alvin Hall to win it.

http://i60.tinypic.com/23iv7fm.jpg