PDA

View Full Version : Burnley are League Champions in 1960..

hampsteadclaret
15-10-2014, 05:50 PM
I was looking for a MOTD clip from about 1974 when we won away 0-3 at Coventry, and Leighton James scored a couple..we went to the match, and watched it again on Saturday night in the students union at Warwick University..what a great weekend...disappointingly I cannot find it..:blue:

There is TONS of BFC stuff on the internet though, and I was taken by this one...lots on here will have seen lots of it, but some will have missed it especially younger Clarets..
- so have a look.. - view external link (www.youtube.com/watch?v=ydcTZILPEyg)

Goody1975
15-10-2014, 07:30 PM
I should hope you were taken by that one.

Bin_Ont_Turf
15-10-2014, 07:36 PM
I've watched most of the stuff you've put on there Goody. B)

Goody1975
15-10-2014, 07:40 PM
Keep saying that i will put some other stuff on there but managed to break my DVD/VHS combi player about three years ago doing the blokey thing of pressing the eject button a thousand times to stop it recording.

My dad got a cheap one a while back and i borrowed it but the quality was crap so, i know i need a quality one to make it worthwhile.

Bin_Ont_Turf
15-10-2014, 08:00 PM
This one is one of my favourites, mainly because of the occasion.

Stevie Taylor up to his old tricks :D ... - view external link (www.youtube.com/watch?v=aMmk8ff9CHQ)

longsidetrumpet
15-10-2014, 09:50 PM
Thanks Goody for that. A reminder that there was a lot of craft in that Burnley side, right across the backline and then forwards. Steve Taylor scored a lot of valuable goals for us, but was the one among that line-up who lacked guile.